Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, doesn't look like I've been assigned one yet. Can see my RN number but no VIN on there. Had been due to have mine delivered in June, pushed back to September (which tbf is what it said before I ordered), so hopefully get assigned one soon. Keen to start looking to sort insurance out.
I’m in the exact same situation. Hoping VIN allocations continue. On previous occasions they were across multiple days.

Otherwise let’s hope there’s another ship in the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: Benotomy
Does anybody know how the vin allocations are actually physically done? I mean there are obviously a few thousand vehicles on a boat, all with a vin and no owner. Kinda like the dog home. Does some bloke go around the boat with a Tesco scanner and beep them? I mean, how's it done? Anyone? 🤔😁

Does anybody know how the vin allocations are actually physically done? I mean there are obviously a few thousand vehicles on a boat, all with a vin and no owner. Kinda like the dog home. Does some bloke go around the boat with a Tesco scanner and beep them? I mean, how's it done? Anyone? 🤔😁

The actual answer, no. Unless you work for Tesla in Texas then no one really knows.

The assumed way is that they obviously are aware of each VIN on a ship as they’re loaded on (this is how we can find the exact ship a car is on by using the cargo checker). Based on the times we see VINs assigned to customers, we think it happens at the offices in Texas. They’re presumably going through a list of orders, looking at the specs and matching them to the specs on the most recently departed ship.

Prior to yesterday, when was the last set of VIN allocations? I assume it was during the Q2 delivery window?
If that’s the case then the allocations yesterday will have to have included the enroute ships closer to Southampton wouldn’t they? Whether it also included COMPANION is, of course, the question.
Previous VIN allocations we’re after Q2, including Mr Ms himself, so likely from the earlier boats (eg Morning Chorus).

If people are looking for hopium RCC Antwerp is going to Barca, which is conceivably on the way to Southampton.

Personally I believe it’s morning Chorus,
Glovis companion and then another boat departing in the next 2 weeks.

Quite whether VINs are complete from Companion we will see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daedalus
How many people have actually had the text from Tesla vs just discovering their hidden VIN in source code? My order is a lease (OD 1st April) and still haven't heard anything. Keeping my fingers crossed they're getting around to me...
You won’t get a text about the VIN until just before delivery, usually 2 weeks. So I’d hazard a guess that no one has received that text yet unless their car is on Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit

You won’t get a text about the VIN until just before delivery, usually 2 weeks. So I’d hazard a guess that no one has received that text yet unless their car is on Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit
People have had confirmations that they’ve been matched to a vehicle (over txt if that’s how they asked).
But I don’t think anyone has reported the automated txt with vin, get ready for delivery, dates, etc.

Reactions: DrPhlegm and ROTA
There will be another MSM /white/Gemini going back into the pool of available cars (selfless gesture I know 😀) as we have decided to cancel. Car is due first two weeks of Sept and VIN just assigned.

No particular upset with the car (have had one MY already) but the RAV4 Phev we bought in the meantime is much better for our use case. At the moment we are getting 50miles EV range, which is way more than adequate for any local use, great hybrid MPG when we do a long journey and it’s built to last. Do miss one pedal driving though.

Bargain (hardly used or new) MY accessories being listed in the marketplace section over next few days if anyone is interested….

There will be another MSM /white/Gemini going back into the pool of available cars (selfless gesture I know 😀) as we have decided to cancel. Car is due first two weeks of Sept and VIN just assigned.

No particular upset with the car (have had one MY already) but the RAV4 Phev we bought in the meantime is much better for our use case. At the moment we are getting 50miles EV range, which is way more than adequate for any local use, great hybrid MPG when we do a long journey and it’s built to last. Do miss one pedal driving though.

Bargain (hardly used or new) MY accessories being listed in the marketplace section over next few days if anyone is interested….
Thank you for your service. The VIN refreshers salut you.

Shame, but as you already have had a Y... but hopefully lucky for me.........

Where was your pickup location?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Farquad
We’ve had a text saying we are allocated a car. Also just had another text to say they are calculating our arrival date and to ensure all pre-arrival stuff in account is done

Reactions: Toblerone
In Q2 I found my VIN in the source code 27/05, then received the Tesla text providing me with a vin 27/05, and 30 minutes later I got a text inviting me to select a collection date. Collected 24/06. So it was exactly 4 week's from VIN text/collection text to getting my car. All very smooth. I did not have any contact at all with Tesla CS from paying my deposit to collecting the car.

This is my third Tesla, and what I can say is that on every order, the month of estimated delivery at the time of order, was the exact date the car was delivered. I just got more notice on vin and collection date the Y that is did on the two 3's.

3A4478E1-DE9A-4B56-8159-CEF452B52D3D.jpeg

Just got this text this morning… #excitedmuch

How many people have actually had the text from Tesla vs just discovering their hidden VIN in source code? My order is a lease (OD 1st April) and still haven't heard anything. Keeping my fingers crossed they're getting around to me...
I spoke to them on chat yesterday and said I should have got a text Tuesday afternoon saying "VIN matched to order VIN:........." which I didn't get but they re- sent it after I asked on the phone yesterday, and also emailed it which put my mind at ease. I wonder how long we now wait to schedule delivery, my EDD is 1-15 Sept Collection Southampton

If people are looking for hopium RCC Antwerp is going to Barca, which is conceivably on the way to Southampton.

It seems that Tesla this quarter have been dual-loading their ships with UK & EU orders. I guess this is so they can slowly drip feed both markets and not have to do mad rushes for either at the end of the quarter - it makes sense from a business perspective (though for selfish reasons, I wish they would've just done all the UK orders in August/early Sep - sorry EU, love ya all really!).

Given this logic, it does make sense that Antwerp also holds some RHD for UK. Could it be that the last wave of VINs were on this boat? And could there be another wave of VINs from COMPANION? It's going to be a fun and teary few weeks!

It seems that Tesla this quarter have been dual-loading their ships with UK & EU orders. I guess this is so they can slowly drip feed both markets and not have to do mad rushes for either at the end of the quarter - it makes sense from a business perspective (though for selfish reasons, I wish they would've just done all the UK orders in August/early Sep - sorry EU, love ya all really!).

Given this logic, it does make sense that Antwerp also holds some RHD for UK. Could it be that the last wave of VINs were on this boat? And could there be another wave of VINs from COMPANION? It's going to be a fun and teary few weeks!
I would lean unlikely. The recent VINs have EDDs 1-15 September. Glovis Companion is due at September roughly 1st September so they line up.

Plus, the video of the port prior the RCC Antwerp had the exact RHD cars still at the port on the Glovis Companion video (minus the LHD which went on RCC Antwerp). It wouldn't make sense to part load when they could fill two ships for two separate destinations from a cost prospective. Details here - 2022 Shipping Movements

Satellite images did show a large amount of cars at the port after Glovis Companion (Maybe for the domestic market) but its clear they're still filling the port so expect more ships to head this way. Details here - Model Y UK Delivery

Last edited:
I would lean unlikely. The recent VINs have EDDs 1-15 September. Glovis Companion is due at September roughly 1st September so they line up.

Plus, the video of the port prior the RCC Antwerp had the exact RHD cars still at the port on the Glovis Companion video (minus the LHD which went on RCC Antwerp). It wouldn't make sense to part load when they could fill two ships for two separate destinations from a cost prospective. Details here - 2022 Shipping Movements
Thanks for the insight, I guess the I was high on hopium at the time of writing :D Does make one wonder why they've part-loaded COMPANION then and left some RHD cars back at port if they could've just fully loaded it with UK bound cars instead...