Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my reg number by txt for a Sept 8th delivery today
Cash + PX order but not actually paid yet.
For anyone interested.
Yeah, ours were there when I looked this morning. Not sure if the nudge the finance company gave them to say they needed the reg to pay the invoice helped speed it up a bit. We have now also received the text confirming the reg and VIN
I'm a Tesla Financial Services customer so might be different. Had a nice text earlier asking me to pay asap. All done. Got the docusign by email afterwards but still no reg... Hopefully next week so I can sort insurance.

Reactions: Benotomy and MattG5
A lot of the cars in the WuWa video will be destined for shipment to other Chinese ports.
I suspect that the section of cars at the very end of the pier were waiting for an An Ji vessel.
It is nevertheless an impressive sight.
Don't forget to give us your first thoughts on the Q3 MY! Any noticeable changes?
And from your sig you were able to bring the collection date forward before the weekend?

I have a date and time for pickup (15th Sept). I have some new documents but can't see the VIN. which document was it in?
I also have new documents and in this document I have the VIN number

Attachments

• 1B835D58-AB2C-43B3-A242-AFD6C2BAAC3D.jpeg
    1B835D58-AB2C-43B3-A242-AFD6C2BAAC3D.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 696
Reactions: Benotomy
Congratulations! First impressions? Everything present and correct? Parcel shelf? 2 cables? Cable lengths? Far side airbag? So many questions...
I seem to recall MrM’s car was built before the plant upgrade, so his spec may not reflect what is being produced now.
But I guess on your list that may only be the additional airbag. I would add boot sealing strip also.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Don't forget to give us your first thoughts on the Q3 MY! Any noticeable changes?
And from your sig you were able to bring the collection date forward before the weekend?
The car was better prepared than my M3 was back in Aug 2019. No swirl marks and no tape residue anywhere.
The paint job looks much better. No mislaligned doors or odd panel gaps. Tyres were at 42psi.
The ride is firmer than M3 but I think the seating position is more comfortable (for me at least, I'm 6'3")
The type 2 cable is 7.5m long! (it was only 4m long in the M3). Granny charger supplied too. Parcel shelf was there.
It had 50% charge on collection and 5 miles on the clock.
Its perhaps worth noting that Winchester SC was 100% occupied (12 chargers) - probably just because it was a Friday.

The car was better prepared than my M3 was back in Aug 2019. No swirl marks and no tape residue anywhere.
The paint job looks much better. No mislaligned doors or odd panel gaps. Tyres were at 42psi.
The ride is firmer than M3 but I think the seating position is more comfortable (for me at least, I'm 6'3")
The type 2 cable is 7.5m long! (it was only 4m long in the M3). Granny charger supplied too. Parcel shelf was there.
Its perhaps worth noting that Winchester SC was 100% occupied (12 chargers) - probably just because it was a Friday.
We travelled back to Cambs from Portsmouth and saw a few loaders with M3. Also loads of Tesla at South Mimms charging. Busy Tesla day.

Screen cleaning cloth & USB 128gig stick in the glovebox, emergency kit with EU triangle in the boot too?
Noticed the extra airbag and boot sealing strip yet? Sorry for the flurry of questions... comes with the privilege of being the first Q3 lucky collector... :D
Edit: of course forgot the alleged suspension mod with the same parts used in Berlin for a smoother ride

Screen cleaning cloth & USB 128gig stick in the glovebox, emergency kit with EU triangle in the boot too?
Noticed the extra airbag and boot sealing strip yet? Sorry for the flurry of questions... comes with the privilege of being the first Q3 lucky collector... :D
Edit: of course forgot the alleged suspension mod with the same parts used in Berlin for a smoother ride
The suggested suspension change was from July builds. Early Q3 UK cars are likely end of June builds.

Reactions: WllXM and WW7490
How unusual, there wasn’t the usual Friday afternoon EDD shuffle 🤔
I would love a friday EDD shuffle to prove somebody is alive in the bowels of Tesla. I’d pay someone to do the shuffle because mine is a deceased EDD bereft of life for about 14 weeks since I placed order 16weeks ago. It’s hard to know if my order still exists but I did get a text asking if I wanted a tow hitch months ago (was too afraid to say yes in case it screwed up my position in the queue). Hopes of a torrential shower of VINS on Monday from both or either Challenge and Sunrise are keeping my interest at 0.5 degrees above freezing but I must say, I’m very nearly done with all this waiting.

Don’t forget the rear seat belt noise abatement device (cloth covered wheel arch) !

I would love a friday EDD shuffle to prove somebody is alive in the bowels of Tesla. I’d pay someone to do the shuffle because mine is a deceased EDD bereft of life for about 14 weeks since I placed order 16weeks ago. It’s hard to know if my order still exists but I did get a text asking if I wanted a tow hitch months ago (was too afraid to say yes in case it screwed up my position in the queue). Hopes of a torrential shower of VINS on Monday from both or either Challenge and Sunrise are keeping my interest at 0.5 degrees above freezing but I must say, I’m very nearly done with all this waiting.
Fingers crossed the EDD changes for you in the next couple of days. If it doesn't, I've got the same spec and driving from London to Loch Lomond at the end of Sept. If you've got a charger that needs testing I could stop by 😁

• Funny
Reactions: StarbucksBob
My Estimated Delivery: September 05 - September 30 stuck for months now, there seems to be alot of chatter on additional boats this week and i am keeping an eye on Mr M's forecasts which are massively appretiated, but not sure yet if i can rely on my mix of optimism or reading of the current boats waiting to load, i guess we have a week left ideally and hopefully from Monday onwards we may see some movement or Vins given the increased productivity :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Looking for some advice as just had this via Tesla chat:

"It is also important to note that we only complete registration with the DVLA on delivery day itself. So you will need to call insurers for pricing as online quote tools wont recognise the plate until after delivery day".

Is this correct? I presume I can get a quote online and simply call them when I get the reg through a week or so before delivery?