Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t see it being bad for resale value. They are different propositions. LR is AWD, faster and can go further.

It’s like saying the LR is bad for the MYP resale value.

Also can’t see many LR cancellations happening, as the LR price has increased since many ordered and people won’t want to lose their place in the queue for an inferior model.
I'm not sure if you can call the MY SR an 'inferior' model. For a start, its going to be lighter, hopefully handle a little better as a result, maybe make it less harsh on the suspension as well as being cheaper to insure. Model Y insurance is getting expensive don't forget, so one with less HP should work out cheaper and its not like it will be a slow car - just less fast.

I think the word you are looking for is 'different' rather than 'inferior'

It will be interesting to watch all the same, with lead times the way they are, you can get a SR quicker than a LR if ordering today, although the window is over months so hard to say if exactly true.

Reactions: Toblerone and B9HNU
My EDD for a July 9 order is still stuck at 9-30 Sep. I have zero hope that it will be delivered in Sep, but still a bit perplexed on why the EDD hasn't changed yet. It certainly cannot be on the hope of cancelations alone. On the shipping thread, a couple of people were told by Tesla reps that there is one more shipment to the UK before Sep ME, so I'm thinking that maybe that's why. Although even that would be a stretch for a July order.

With regards to the news on the std range MY, I'm somewhat glad it wasn't available last month, as I think I would have been more pragmatic and saved the 6k despite the small reduction in range and performance. This way I don't feel guilty for indulging a bit :)

I'm not sure if you can call the MY SR an 'inferior' model.

I think the word you are looking for is 'different' rather than 'inferior'
Yeah. Inferior is a bit harsh and I used it for effect. IMO it will be perceived more that way by people already in the queue for the LR.
‘Different’ works (but wouldn’t be my first choice). There are several other terms with some connotations more negative than others. You could use:
entry level, base spec, standard model, etc

But it is slower, rwd only and has less range than the LR and still >£50k.
So it’s ‘not as good’ is it? 😉

You are also right on insurance to a degree, but it would still cost similar to repair in most cases and would be off the road for as long, which I think are the main drivers for the cost. We’ll see.

It’s a good thing and will be interesting to watch (them in my rear facing camera as I pull away) 🤣
Sorry, not sorry, couldn’t resist.

First off I have no regrets as I have the use for the AWD and longer range.
But yeah having an entry-level model will mean competing for already scare spare parts and service appointments.
Probably the same feeling that S and X owners had when the 3 came out.

Good for Elon’s bottom line. For us?… Let’s just hope this will allow Tesla to invest more into Customer Service and Superchargers…

Will proudly keep my DUAL MOTOR badge on the boot then 🤣

Correct, when you sign the iPad on collection. App goes live pretty much instantly.
When we collected our M3 three years ago, it was like a magic 'reveal' - you did your initiation session with a bunch of other people, and then all of a sudden the app showed the car and controls.......

I suspect this time there'll be a bloke in a donkey jacket and a hat watching over the cars as people just turn up, but still hoping for coffee, cake and a bit of a show.....

• Funny
Reactions: Andenan
I don’t think so for each point. Some info here: Lease car - adding second driver to the app
That is an interesting one - I am coming out of an I-Pace, so I am very familiar with sharing one app, it would just be nice to do things the 'proper way', but thank you for the link!
From what I've read, if the lease company set it up properly and your account is just a drivers account they have to add additional drivers. There's also some lost features too, nothing major though, I just don't think you get full access to all the driving stats etc.
I wonder what stats are missing - I can't stand artificial limiting of software features for the sake of it, so it will be an interesting conversation with ALD! I know it is 'their car' but as we are paying for it, it only seems fair we get access to everything!

Going by my conversation with ALD yesterday, YES...meaning that on your collection/delivery day, you will have access to drive the car and then Tesla will have to confirm you have taken delivery, you ring or email them and then they add you and whoever you want to add as a driver on the app and voila 'your car' appears on the app.
So does that mean I have to rely on the keycards on pick up day, and then wait for the app access later?

Reactions: Toppyawe
Yeah. Inferior is a bit harsh and I used it for effect. IMO it will be perceived more that way by people already in the queue for the LR.
‘Different’ works (but wouldn’t be my first choice). There are several other terms with some connotations more negative than others. You could use:
entry level, base spec, standard model, etc

But it is slower, rwd only and has less range than the LR and still >£50k.
So it’s ‘not as good’ is it? 😉

You are also right on insurance to a degree, but it would still cost similar to repair in most cases and would be off the road for as long, which I think are the main drivers for the cost. We’ll see.

It’s a good thing and will be interesting to watch (them in my rear facing camera as I pull away) 🤣
Sorry, not sorry, couldn’t resist.
Oh I know - the MY LR overall is a better car. You pay through the nose on the purchase price, tyres, insurance and residuals of course. The SR is better value and has potential to be the better daily driver. Good thing is, customers have better options now.

Reactions: Toblerone