Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best. Car. Ever.

Great experience at Southampton this morning. The crew has cups of tea, biscuits and plenty of time for my flapping about trying to take it all in!

I did have to politely request they reclean the car, which they did (very carefully, no wax on wax off swirly motions). They’re getting covered in dust overnight by some nearby messy activity. Apparently they aren’t doing handovers in exactly the normal place and usually have tents to help prevent that sort of thing spoiling the initial impressions

Well the day has arrived and I have collected my stunning Model Y! Very quick, easy and painless experience at the Tesla Glasgow Centre picking the car up. Car appeared in the app literally seconds after I signed the document on the iPad.

Safe to say the car is immaculate from my first inspections, no swirls, marks or panel gaps! Car had 140 miles of battery in it when I picked it up.

Picked it up and drove it home to the local charger where it’s getting The fun starts in a couple of hours when I log off the work laptop and properly start to explore the car.

6624AFFF-96D2-4153-806D-9EBCA7475CA8.jpeg
DE60FCB4-BB0C-4F99-87AF-2F6DF0339193.jpeg

Well the day has arrived and I have collected my stunning Model Y! Very quick, easy and painless experience at the Tesla Glasgow Centre picking the car up. Car appeared in the app literally seconds after I signed the document on the iPad.

Safe to say the car is immaculate from my first inspections, no swirls, marks or panel gaps! Car had 140 miles of battery in it when I picked it up.

Picked it up and drove it home to the local charger where it’s getting The fun starts in a couple of hours when I log off the work laptop and properly start to explore the car.
congratulations. i would have blurred out the plates mate.

Reactions: CP91

Congratulations. Stunning colour - seriously thinking I should have gone for blue too!

Looking forward to collecting mine from Glasgow if it appears this year.

Reactions: CP91
Handed back my M3 today to the lease company as I'm picking up my MY from Belfast tomorrow. Just had a call from Tesla to say that the car has been damaged in transport - several scratches on the bonnet and one on the driver side wing mirror cap. FFS. Of course I have 2 choices:

- accept it as is on the understanding that Tesla fix the scratches - they've told me it'll need re-painted and it can be done next week.
- Reject it and wait for next delivery which is likely Nov/Dec.

I'm inclined to go with option 1 but what has anyone else done in this situation?

Has anyone got any concessions for inconvenience?

Great to see so many happy new Tesla owners!
Unfortunately for me the delivery rollercoaster continues. Had been due to pick up last Tuesday at Bluewater, that was delayed due to the bank holiday and I had arranged for delivery tomorrow as i have been travelling this week. Had a phone call this afternoon saying they're having issues with the number of delivery drivers and asked whether I can pick up...told them that was a no go...it seems there are 5 people in Norwich in similar situations so luckily they have arranged for a truck to deliver all 5 of them to the Nirwich store Thursday evening, ready for collection on Friday! I wanted to avoid someone driving it to me!
Hopefully no more hiccups!! Are any of the other Norwich people on here?

Reactions: _Dave_
Handed back my M3 today to the lease company as I'm picking up my MY from Belfast tomorrow. Just had a call from Tesla to say that the car has been damaged in transport - several scratches on the bonnet and one on the driver side wing mirror cap. FFS. Of course I have 2 choices:

- accept it as is on the understanding that Tesla fix the scratches - they've told me it'll need re-painted and it can be done next week.

I'm inclined to go with option 1 but what has anyone else done in this situation?

It is hard to comment as it is a very much personal choice but I would wait for a replacement - I wouldn’t be keen to get a brand new car with all the touch ups/re-paint from day one if the wait was not an issue.

It’s up to you but seriously consider option 1. VaDA had a wee blemish on her wing that I was informed about pre-delivery and I opted to accept the delivery and Tesla assurance they would fix. It took a while to get it booked in and they had the car for a week (got a loaner M3P) but it was sorted perfectly.

Reactions: drmarkreid
It is hard to comment as it is a very much personal choice but I would wait for a replacement - I wouldn’t be keen to get a brand new car with all the touch ups/re-paint from day one if the wait was not an issue.
Props to Tesla for being honest, frankly. The number of vehicles from other manufacturers that are touched up by dealers during PDI for blemishes is legion, they just don’t tell you.

I’m quite new to this forum so have a question.

I’m picking up a model Y on friday.

What things should i check for? General look around the bodywork i’m ok with

Is there certain things in the car that i need to check?

Seems to be some charging cables, parcel shelf (?!), and medical kit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: Priceyrice
Props to Tesla for being honest, frankly. The number of vehicles from other manufacturers that are touched up by dealers during PDI for blemishes is legion, they just don’t tell you.
I know but sometimes ignorance is bliss! To be fair they sent photos of the damage etc. I’ve actually asked them if I can conditionally accept tomorrow but just leave the car with them until it’s fixed. That way I can erase any knowledge of the damage and pretend it’s delivery day again