Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, they looking like a favourite now and not too badly priced. Appreciate the pics when you get a chance 👍
7632D774-2855-4B42-8819-4436EFF40B88.jpeg
65B0BC99-D362-4EEE-9756-C3B4CE99B280.jpeg

Here you go. Apologies a bit dirty. If you need to see more let me know.

Does anyone know when the new features of the Model Y 2023 model will feature (Comfort Suspension, Matrix Headlights, Enhanced 5M Cameras, Structural Battery, 4680 cells?). For cars currently produced in China are any of these features incorporated/ My instinct is that it will cause a bit of a concern for those expecting delivery over the coming weeks along with some anticipation of price adjustments for some European markets. Seems reasonable that if the Chinese price reductions are passing on some efficiencies in manufacturing process that it would spread globally.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the new features of the Model Y 2023 model will feature (Comfort Suspension, Matrix Headlights, Enhanced 5M Cameras, Structural Battery, 4680 cells?). For cars currently produced in China are any of these features incorporated/ My instinct is that it will cause a bit of a concern for those expecting delivery over the coming weeks along with some anticipation of price adjustments for some European markets. Seems reasonable that if the Chinese price reductions are passing on some efficiencies in manufacturing process that it would spread globally.
Already in production:
- “Comfort” suspension
- “Matrix” headlights (although not activated)

Rumoured to come soon:
- 5M cameras (none confirmed on any cars delivered yet)

Unlikely to come from Shanghai:
- Structural pack / 4680

The structural pack would need gigapress for the front end body structure which hasn’t been reported in China so far. Would involve retooling the line significantly so don’t see it happening until at least Berlin and Austin are operating at full pace. Also they aren’t building the production lines for 4680s that would be needed to make the structural packs in China or Berlin yet - so a long way off.

I think price reductions may well be in the pipeline but it depends on how much of the order backlog is left to fulfill. Tesla is unlikely to drop the price with significant numbers of people still waiting for delivery as they will obviously try to get the most value out of every car.

From what I've seen, the production of the new cells is all geared towards US factories at the moment, so can't see them doing it in Berlin or China until they figure out efficiencies of there first which could be a long time.

Reactions: JOL1
I think price reductions may well be in the pipeline but it depends on how much of the order backlog is left to fulfill. Tesla is unlikely to drop the price with significant numbers of people still waiting for delivery as they will obviously try to get the most value out of every car.
They'll reduced the price where necessary, e.g in China due to increased competition, maybe in US to fall in line with new tax incentives. Not sure about UK. They've got a load of new UK inventory at the moment and they're probably see how that will sell before they make decisions on UK price adjustments.

Reactions: Vidyutyaan
I'm waiting for a Model Y LR and had a text today from Tesla asking me to confirm my delivery postcode. Is this something to get excited about and that something is going to happen or is this just some random box ticking that has nothing to do with my delivery approaching?

It's a lease so I can't see the EDD only Tesla told me Jan - March.

Reactions: Mistake Not
I'm waiting for a Model Y LR and had a text today from Tesla asking me to confirm my delivery postcode. Is this something to get excited about and that something is going to happen or is this just some random box ticking that has nothing to do with my delivery approaching?

It's a lease so I can't see the EDD only Tesla told me Jan - March.
Me too!
My estimated delivery date (Glasgow) is 21/3 (also lease but date advised via LeasePlan this morning).

If uk has "loads of inventory" not sure why they are texting for the next boatload. Mines not "required" (another lease here too) until April but they wanted to deliver last month!
I had same. Put order in on 18th November (MYRWD, Blue, Black 19” so pretty standard) and was offered a collection at Glasgow the following week!

Was too early for me as wasn’t ready so had to decline.

Inventory has come and gone since then - but currently nothing in inventory that matches my spec.

Mine took about 2 weeks after purchase and they appeared automatically in my Loot Box in the Tesla App. A nice surprise. When I super-charge, the car charging screen says it is costing money but after the charge is complete, I check in my phone app (in Account, Charging, History) and it confirms the supercharger was free.

I had same. Put order in on 18th November (MYRWD, Blue, Black 19” so pretty standard) and was offered a collection at Glasgow the following week!

Was too early for me as wasn’t ready so had to decline.

Inventory has come and gone since then - but currently nothing in inventory that matches my spec.
Well. This might have been good fortune given price reductions today.
Hopefully the lease company won’t be shy in passing them on…..

• Funny
Reactions: Utumno
Already in production:
- “Comfort” suspension
- “Matrix” headlights (although not activated)

Rumoured to come soon:
- 5M cameras (none confirmed on any cars delivered yet)

Unlikely to come from Shanghai:
- Structural pack / 4680

The structural pack would need gigapress for the front end body structure which hasn’t been reported in China so far. Would involve retooling the line significantly so don’t see it happening until at least Berlin and Austin are operating at full pace. Also they aren’t building the production lines for 4680s that would be needed to make the structural packs in China or Berlin yet - so a long way off.

Still looking for a definitive way to determine if a car has "comfort suspension".
Can you identify the part with a flashlight just by looking above the wheels? Any before/after photos anyone?

Ordered today a MSM SR MY 19’

I have seen videos showing that the real range between the SR and LR is minimal . What real world experience are people seeing?

Also anyone any recommended covers to replace the Geminis !?
I think I'm going to follow you with a MY SR order and like you, investigating the differences

Did you get that range difference from Bjorn videos? I just need to check location which I haven't done yet. Minimal range difference on his tracker but I need to check his LR video as that might have been Norway, versus SR video from Thailand at 30 degrees.

Does the SR have heated seats front and rear and heated steering wheel do you know? And are seats fully electric or any manual adjustment? I'm trying to figure out the differences between SR and LR from a feature perspective.

From a usable battery size point, it looks like LR ships with 70kwh usable versus 57kwh usable in the SR

Hopefully between us we can log all the key differences.

I think I'm going to follow you with a MY SR order and like you, investigating the differences

Did you get that range difference from Bjorn videos? I just need to check location which I haven't done yet. Minimal range difference on his tracker but I need to check his LR video as that might have been Norway, versus SR video from Thailand at 30 degrees.

Does the SR have heated seats front and rear and heated steering wheel do you know? And are seats fully electric or any manual adjustment? I'm trying to figure out the differences between SR and LR from a feature perspective.

From a usable battery size point, it looks like LR ships with 70kwh usable versus 57kwh usable in the SR

Hopefully between us we can log all the key differences.
I’ve ordered the YRWD (SR). Not sure on range but it does have heated seats, steering wheel and driver seat and passenger seats are electronic adjustment (lumbar support only in driver seat). Driver seat has memory linked to your profile

Essentially interior across LR / SR models are the same.

Reactions: 2020M3SR