Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - UK estimated dates and pricing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not be at all surprised if UK LR Model Y would be 48k base (2k above 3)

At that price and spec there is zero competition. Any cursory side by side comparison would put the value on Model Y side.

Now, if you want something smaller and cheaper and a hatchback with 200+ miles... Then ID3 has a niche, a very very small one "From £38,190" - 35k after grant.

With all the downsides stated in my other post.

I would not be at all surprised if UK LR Model Y would be 48k base (2k above 3)

At that price and spec there is zero competition. Any cursory side by side comparison would put the value on Model Y side.

Now, if you want something smaller and cheaper and a hatchback with 200+ miles... Then ID3 has a niche, a very very small one "From £38,190" - 35k after grant.

With all the downsides stated in my other post.
\

I agree with you, I find the VWs not attractive in the slightest

Anybody know if there are any Model Y in the UK at present. I thought I saw what was a smaller version of the MX around midday crossing the M42 Solihull junction going towards Birmingham. Only a fleeting glance hence my uncertainty but it certainly looked like a smaller version of the MX!

No official Model Ys in Europe yet - they will be made in Berlin & pricing will be dependant on a UK trade deal or not. Otherwise +10% tariff on what we would have paid (Model 3 as well if EU manufactured).

What's the tariff on Tesla's brought over from the US? I'm thinking that even if we get a 10% tariff on Berlin Tesla's would it still be cheaper than importing from the US where I assume we also have to pay import duties+VAT+whatever taxes people think of.

Reactions: ringi
What's the tariff on Tesla's brought over from the US? I'm thinking that even if we get a 10% tariff on Berlin Tesla's would it still be cheaper than importing from the US where I assume we also have to pay import duties+VAT+whatever taxes people think of.
think that's right, USA imports do get a 10% tariff.

Berlin on a "No Deal" scenario would also have 10% tariff, but the shipping & logistic costs would be slashed.

With an EU trade Deal/zero tariff, there should be no tariffs into the UK - as long as batteries are also deemed to be made in the EU under rules of origin (this should not be an issue for GigaBerlin as batteries are also meant to be made there).

So whatever Johnson finally decides to do, I think it is unlikely UK M3/Y will come from anywhere but Berlin, but we're going to need to see a trade deal for any serious price reductions in the UK.

• Informative
Reactions: CaptainBurrito
Anybody know if there are any Model Y in the UK at present. I thought I saw what was a smaller version of the MX around midday crossing the M42 Solihull junction going towards Birmingham. Only a fleeting glance hence my uncertainty but it certainly looked like a smaller version of the MX!

The Model Y doesn't look like a smaller Model X ... and there are definitely not any Ys in the UK unless someone has privately shipped a LHD car from the US.

Moderator comment - thread merged from "Model Y UK order"

Anyone got any update as to when we can place a order for a model Y in the UK? Must be soon that they want our deposits to help with expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last rumour was that they’ll come from Berlin, but could be Shanghai as they’ve started exporting Model3 SR+ to Europe recently

Shanghai doesn't make the Model Y yet, though the factory is being kitted out for it's production. Its expected to start building Ys in early 2021, though the early models will probably be for the home market, Hong Kong and Korea.
Permits and current progress continuing, Berlin will probably be on stream sometime in late 2021.