Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with MVPA and VIN, does your MVPA show actual mileage or generic 50 miles on the Odometer line?

My MVPA was changed today 3/11, showing 15 miles vs 50 miles before today.

My suspicion is that the Y reached the delivery center where they checked the Odometer and updated the MVPA. This was inline with what the Inside Delivery Advisor stated when I called earlier - he said that the car was supposed to arrive at my local delivery center today.

Was your MVPA updated since appearing (check serial number)?
Does is list generic 50 miles on Odometer line or some other number?

20200310_205803.jpg 20200310_205706.jpg

For those with MVPA and VIN, does your MVPA show actual mileage or generic 50 miles on the Odometer line?

My MVPA was changed today 3/11, showing 15 miles vs 50 miles before today.

My suspicion is that the Y reached the delivery center where they checked the Odometer and updated the MVPA. This was inline with what the Inside Delivery Advisor stated when I called earlier - he said that the car was supposed to arrive at my local delivery center today.

Was your MVPA updated since appearing (check serial number)?
Does is list generic 50 miles on Odometer line or some other number?

View attachment 520479 View attachment 520480
Mine shows 15

Reactions: RoBoRaT
It's interesting that the actual mileages being reported are so high (15 to 22 miles). We've taken delivery of 10 Teslas so far and the mileages were always between 3 and 8 miles IIRC. I've assisted with dozens of other deliveries and they all averaged around 5 miles on the odometer.

It's interesting that the actual mileages being reported are so high (15 to 22 miles). We've taken delivery of 10 Teslas so far and the mileages were always between 3 and 8 miles IIRC. I've assisted with dozens of other deliveries and they all averaged around 5 miles on the odometer.

I read previously that the numbers reported in the MVPA and website are just what they put on the paperwork. Like your reporting, every other post I've seen indicates the car only has a few miles or less off the line.

Maybe it is a cost saving measure. Still high enough that it isn't likely to be exceeded by the time the delivery happens but less than the 50 therefore reducing the warranty period slightly. :rolleyes:

I read previously that the numbers reported in the MVPA and website are just what they put on the paperwork. Like your reporting, every other post I've seen indicates the car only has a few miles or less off the line.
They always used to indicate 50 miles on the paperwork so it's interesting they would have 15 to 22 miles now.

I guess we'll find out in a few days how accurate these numbers are. Maybe they are padding the values a bit on the first deliveries so that they can take SC employees on a few test rides. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: RoBoRaT
They always used to indicate 50 miles on the paperwork so it's interesting they would have 15 to 22 miles now.

I guess we'll find out in a few days how accurate these numbers are. Maybe they are padding the values a bit on the first deliveries so that they can take SC employees on a few test rides. ;)

Test rides...hmmm

Maybe being a new model off-the-line, they are running longer test with the Y...or joy ride. I know, I would run it few more laps around the course if I was the test driver. About 15-22 miles... LoL :D

Screenshot_20200311-063818_Maps.jpg

I do not understand why the base model prices ($41k) is reported so far down? To me that is what you start with and then you add the performance package, the paint, and wheels (and why is the font so off on the wheel line?). Seems unorganized to me. Sorry off point.