Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My last EDD was showing July 16 to August 5. My SA has been non-existent so I spoke with my brother-in-law's SA who owed me absolutely zero (he got a standard range Y a couple months back). However, she was AWESOME! All I wanted to know was if there was a "build date" for my car. She told me the build date had been pushed to July 25 but that it could be pushed forward again. Then, the unexpected happened. She told me that a client had been unresponsive and that a brand new Y, matching my config exactly, might be available today if unclaimed. Just after 12pm I got the text... "I assigned the car to you." VIN #217XXX. She said the build date was like 4 days ago. Pick it up this Saturday. Excited I am!!!!

Last edited:
My last EDD was showing July 16 to August 5. My SA has been non-existent so I spoke with my brother-in-law's SA who owed me absolutely zero (he got a standard range Y a couple months back). However, she was AWESOME! All I wanted to know was if there was a "build date" for my car. She told me the build date had been pushed to July 25 but that it could be pushed forward again. Then, the unexpected happened. She told me that a client had been unresponsive and that a brand new Y, matching my config exactly, might be available today if unclaimed. Just after 12pm I got the text... "I assigned the car to you." VIN #217XXX. She said the build date was like 4 days ago. Pick it up this Saturday. Excited I am!!!!
Woohoo! Congratulations!!

Some of this can be ambitious SAs. If someone passed and the VIN pops up in the system, they can snag it and assign it to one of their customers. It doesn’t automatically go down to the next order on the list. The next on the list usually only applies to cars directly out of the factory. Once a VIN is assigned and rejected I assume it’s fair game for SAs and even average customers if it pops up on Tesla.com.

Reactions: cancoi