Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my y without major issues. One trim molding slight misaligned on rear driver side door but they said it’s within specs. I don’t feel like pressing them to fix it. Overall I was really impressed with the built quality and felt lucky on my unit.

Best of luck to all fellow Tesla owners! This forum is fun and kept me going every day while waiting.

Attachments

• D3D580B2-C5D9-4867-83C1-DE3DDAE8A3C0.jpeg
    D3D580B2-C5D9-4867-83C1-DE3DDAE8A3C0.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 62
  • B606A29F-15B3-4C35-9FA2-C789FC2A359E.jpeg
    B606A29F-15B3-4C35-9FA2-C789FC2A359E.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 55
Congratulations.

Yours is the first order in late May that has received VIN (discarding those who snapped inventory vehicles). Hopefully more May orders will be fulfilled before 30th June

Just got my VIN! Pick-up schedule for the 30th.

Took delivery of my new Model Y on 6/30/2021 at11:45 pm!

My EDD was pushed back from 8/2-8/22 to 9/7-9/27. The only thing I can say is consistent at this point is that the window is 20 days long. :D

Hopefully this is just a "September is a placeholder" issue, but we'll have to see. I ordered the car due to some activity starting in early August that will be requiring a lot of daily miles. My current regular car is a fun car (read: drinks a lot of premium fuel and has expensive upkeep).

Reactions: Whitebeard
Picked up Tesly Snipes two days ago! Basically been driving since. The wait is 1000% worth it.

Here is a very helpful inspection check list for pick-up, in case anyone needs it: polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist

Mine had some frunk alignment issues and a yellow paint spot that I am going to try to get service to resolve. All-in-all everything is as expected—and my wife and I are stoked.

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 10.10.16 AM.png

Ordered Model Y LRAWD 05/16 from Burbank. White exterior, black rims, black interior. Currently have July7-27 has ETA. I've gotten two emails to log into make payment, but there's nothing there once I do log in. Tesla told me this is a glitch but that the "portal will be opening soon" for me. I got so excited receiving those emails. Bummer but will be worth the wait!

Ordered June 10th, delivered on Friday. 7 seats, white interior, 19" rims. I took it to Richard at Services | ShowCarPerfection.com to do CS-II titanium Ceramic coating inside and out. Pics dont do it justice, paint is blinding now. Interior he says should be able to wipe with water for years as it's completely sealed. Next up is figuring out rims, adding automatic frunk opener, and possibly swap out suspension to the ohlins coil over touring suspension. I didn't order FSD, hoping the subscription launches soon.
Congrats! Looks great!

Ordered Model Y LRAWD 05/16 from Burbank. White exterior, black rims, black interior. Currently have July7-27 has ETA. I've gotten two emails to log into make payment, but there's nothing there once I do log in. Tesla told me this is a glitch but that the "portal will be opening soon" for me. I got so excited receiving those emails. Bummer but will be worth the wait!
Very interesting post. I ordered the exact same spec (white ext, black rims, black interior, MYLR) in LA on 5/14 and I also have a July 7-27 EDD. Seems ours might come on the same truck and production line… gives me a little more hope