Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order: May 15th / Profile completed same day
EDD: July 26 - August 15
Lake Forest, CA.
Delivery center: Costa Mesa

2021 MY LR : White / White interior : 5 seat : 19' wheels : Autopilot : No Tow
I have the same exact build (you've got good taste...ha) and ordered two days after you in Portland. After a week stuck on October, my EDD is July 27th to August 10th. My SA still says their system shows August 3rd build and August 5th delivery in Portland.

July 29-aug 18 - front date keeps moving back 2 days and the window is now 20 days - up from 15 just a couple days ago. I’m reaching the end of my willingness to wait (day 73). Looks like it could be at least another month without a car, not sure I can do it…

July 29-aug 18 - front date keeps moving back 2 days and the window is now 20 days - up from 15 just a couple days ago. I’m reaching the end of my willingness to wait (day 73). Looks like it could be at least another month without a car, not sure I can do it…
We are also reaching our limit with one car but are sticking it out. Have you asked your SA to check their system? They can see more accurate estimates for build and delivery dates.

I have the same exact build (you've got good taste...ha) and ordered two days after you in Portland. After a week stuck on October, my EDD is July 27th to August 10th. My SA still says their system shows August 3rd build and August 5th delivery in Portland.
Also in Portland 5/24 same build but with tow. Was sitting end of July-august 14 but now at Aug 13-Sept 3

Trust me - SA has nothing more accurate then we do… I’ve heard June, July, now mid August. They will tell you anything to just get you off their back. SA sell cars, that’s it
Hard to say. I don't totally agree or disagree with you. Mine has checked in their system since the beginning. She told me it shows estimates that can change, but are more accurate than in our account. Her internal system said "null" for the first few weeks after I ordered in May. She said that meant I likely would not get my car before the end of the quarter (June). Then it said July 24th and has now changed to August 5th. For me that information is significantly more helpful than the ridiculous EDD's in our account.

Reactions: Darth_Blackcat
ordered on may 23rd and the EDD has been flipping back and forth between Aug - Oct, the latest i got 2 days ago was October.
Today, the EDD on the website has completely disappeared, anyone else having the same issue?
Similar!
Order: May 23rd / Profile completed same day
EDD: Jumped around July, Aug, Sept.. got VIN on 7/17 and EDD changed to Oct. Today VIN went away and EDD says July 27 - August 15
Pasadena, CA.
Delivery center: Burbank

2021 MY LR : White / White interior : 5 seat : 19' wheels : Autopilot : Tow hitch

Hard to say. I don't totally agree or disagree with you. Mine has checked in their system since the beginning. She told me it shows estimates that can change, but are more accurate than in our account. Her internal system said "null" for the first few weeks after I ordered in May. She said that meant I likely would not get my car before the end of the quarter (June). Then it said July 24th and has now changed to August 5th. For me that information is significantly more helpful than the ridiculous EDD's in our account.
I find that
Similar!
Order: May 23rd / Profile completed same day
EDD: Jumped around July, Aug, Sept.. got VIN on 7/17 and EDD changed to Oct. Today VIN went away and EDD says July 27 - August 15
Pasadena, CA.
Delivery center: Burbank

2021 MY LR : White / White interior : 5 seat : 19' wheels : Autopilot : Tow hitch
you lost your vin?! That sucks… have hear horror stories about this happening, such a bummer when others just get a Vin and pick it up a day or two later.

I find that

you lost your vin?! That sucks… have hear horror stories about this happening, such a bummer when others just get a Vin and pick it up a day or two later.
Yep... and when I called Burbank to ask about the VIN and status, they said it was in "pre-production" and that it was strange that I got that VIN since they don't usually give VINs when cars are in pre-production. That was weird. So when EDD said Oct... I was bummed. I almost rather not have the VIN but keep the EDD of what it says now haha (if that means I'll get it sooner than Oct)

Trust me - SA has nothing more accurate then we do… I’ve heard June, July, now mid August. They will tell you anything to just get you off their back. SA sell cars, that’s it
100% correct. The SA's are just as in the dark as we are. The EDD date is complete garbage. They are better off deleting it. My EDD started out at beginning of June and has been pushed out daily for the last two months. I'm now "scheduled" for August.