Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I can say. Once my SA at Lake Forest center placed my order any email or phone calls do not get answered. I literally have to visit the location to get any response. Her voice box was always full. After speaking with the store manager I now get responses to my email.

You are not alone in this experience. I understand high demand but answering an email takes just minutes that can be done during downtime. My co-workers that have Tesla have a mixed experience with some sharing the same experience I have while others have been given white-glove treatment. It comes down to the work ethic of the individual SA.

I wished I got the name of the good SA from my co-workers and just contacted them directly. 😁
I have had the exact same experience in Lake Forest. When I went in to ask a question I was a couple of times "why did you come in"? Well, if you answered your emails or your phone I wouldn't have to.

Reactions: Darth_Blackcat
5/16 order + completion; white/black 5 seat 20” no tow/fsd in bay area; current EDD is 7/27-8/11

Some updates from my SA today, and as we know, they don’t really know much more than we can see; so I’m taking it all with a grain of salt.

We had called because we’re going out of town and wanted to give a heads up to coordinate home delivery if necessary. She said our (previously promised “by the end of July” and before that a “7/24 build”) MYLR definitely won’t be ready this month and most likely won’t be til September (which makes sense according to the first month builds go international theory and the california builds get pushed to eoq stats). Pretty bummed since we just bought a bunch of accessories…

But of course, will still be checking EDD every day and hoping she’s wrong and we’ll all get our cars soon!!!

5/16 order + completion; white/black 5 seat 20” no tow/fsd in bay area; current EDD is 7/27-8/11

Some updates from my SA today, and as we know, they don’t really know much more than we can see; so I’m taking it all with a grain of salt.

We had called because we’re going out of town and wanted to give a heads up to coordinate home delivery if necessary. She said our (previously promised “by the end of July” and before that a “7/24 build”) MYLR definitely won’t be ready this month and most likely won’t be til September (which makes sense according to the first month builds go international theory and the california builds get pushed to eoq stats). Pretty bummed since we just bought a bunch of accessories…

But of course, will still be checking EDD every day and hoping she’s wrong and we’ll all get our cars soon!!!
I'm not familiar with that theory. Do you mean the build the first month of the quarter go international?

I'm not familiar with that theory. Do you mean the build the first month of the quarter go international?
Tried to find the post I read it on but couldn’t… too many pages hah (sorry!)… Did remember seeing this from CA thread:
Post in thread 'CA Waiting Room'

But also Fremont only produces MY for North America, so those gotta be heading for Canada?

At the same time have been seeing a few May orders being filled here and there so who knows 😅

Can you please elaborate on what you were told? This would be sole crushing to many people on this site to hear that May orders won’t be until September…. (Including me)

Really hoping that doesn't happen to me. Was promised an end of July / first week of August delivery for the past few weeks now.

Ordered back in April.

Reactions: iniquus
So I ordered around May 10. Earliest EDD I got was June 3. Since then, my dates have gradually gotten pushed out to August. What’s the point of having an estimate when it keeps getting pushed out one day at a time for two months? How can anyone plan the private sale of their car? At this point, I don’t even know if I will get the car by quarter end of Sept 30.