Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I’ll try to get to the bottom of this. Just want to make sure I’m friendly or they find other reasons to delay lol

People need to stop worrying about what someone else might do because you as a customer ask questions. Who wants to live like that? Stand up as a customer and stop kissing Tesla's azz. (Not you specifically)

Reactions: William110
My EDD has stayed the same for the last 4 days at August 25th to September 14th - I feel like this is not normal. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
My EDD 9/4 - 9/24 6 days already.
Well SA initially said 18th of August for a build and delivery by the 20th of August.

Asked today for an update and now told me the 28th. Ohh well, don’t know what to believe at this point. EDD says Sept 18th - 30th so I’ll stick with a end of quarter delivery expectation.
Yes don’t believe them. SA told us first week august they start building it. But until now nothing and we ask him again he said by the end of August. But my EDD is 9/4 a 9/24. This is crazy.😭😭😭

My EDD 9/4 - 9/24 6 days already.

Yes don’t believe them. SA told us first week august they start building it. But until now nothing and we ask him again he said by the end of August. But my EDD is 9/4 a 9/24. This is crazy.😭😭😭
SA told me the build would be 7/29-7/30 and to expect delivery by the middle of August and no car. Checked last week and soft delivery is now 9/11-9/12. Who knows what to believe. I ordered on 5/31 with original EDD 7/24-8/11, a MYLR whte ext, blck interior, 19 in wheels, no tow, no fsd-no extras at all and I don't even have a VIN. So where is my car???

Hi, new here, though I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks re: delayed deliveries to Bay Area. Order date was 5/10, current EDD is 9/13-9/28. Original EDD at time of reservation was “mid to late June” per SA (who doesn’t return my emails at this point lol). White on white MYLR no tow, 5 seats. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hi, new here, though I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks re: delayed deliveries to Bay Area. Order date was 5/10, current EDD is 9/13-9/28. Original EDD at time of reservation was “mid to late June” per SA (who doesn’t return my emails at this point lol). White on white MYLR no tow, 5 seats. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I'm in the same boat. OD 5/31 white, 19" wheels, no tow, blk interior, 5 seat. Orig EDD 7/24-8/11, new EDD 9/19-9/30. Went to service center and got soft delivery 9/11-9/12. No VIN yet.

The EDD algorithm is so weird. I have the same specs as you, ordered 5/30, EDD today is 8/20-9/06 (I still won’t believe it until I’m picking it up). Starting on 5/16 my EDD has been changing to the next day with the same end date of 9/06. Here’s to hoping we all get our cars in good condition and soon!

Reactions: GildedVines
The EDD algorithm is so weird. I have the same specs as you, ordered 5/30, EDD today is 8/20-9/06 (I still won’t believe it until I’m picking it up). Starting on 5/16 my EDD has been changing to the next day with the same end date of 9/06. Here’s to hoping we all get our cars in good condition and soon!
Fingers and toes crossed! My EDD has bounced around since I reserved my car, generally trending 2-4 weeks later each time. I’m taking it with a grain of salt at this point. 😂 However, it’s nice to have this “support group” of fellow frustrated and eager future Tesla owners! 😎

I'm in the same boat. OD 5/31 white, 19" wheels, no tow, blk interior, 5 seat. Orig EDD 7/24-8/11, new EDD 9/19-9/30. Went to service center and got soft delivery 9/11-9/12. No VIN yet.
I’m not sure what a soft delivery is, but we unfortunately would need to drive to Vallejo to get to the nearest service center and for some reason, I don’t feel like they’d be able to help much. 🤣 No home delivery available for my area either - apparently TSLA thinks Napa is in the sticks despite the number of Teslas I see around town 😆

If your soft delivery is September I now know what to expect, considering our cars will likely arrive in Rocklin on the same truck.
My understanding of the "Soft Delivery" is literally the date the VIN is excepted to be completed. That is what the EDD is derived from (then transport/and all of that). It should move just as much and as easily as the EDD (with the exception of 'October' type EDD's).

My understanding of the "Soft Delivery" is literally the date the VIN is excepted to be completed. That is what the EDD is derived from (then transport/and all of that). It should move just as much and as easily as the EDD (with the exception of 'October' type EDD's).
I'd love to have a soft delivery date. The latest info in my account is, "review documents," which is grayed out. I guess when the soft delivery is set the blue button will be active and I can move forward. Anyone else have the same experience? I'm hoping for a delivery date at the end of August, right?