Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving home - OLEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m a very happy model 3 owner since Sept and have a pod point installed at home for charge. However, some personal circumstances have changed and we are in the process of moving home. We are a 1 EV family and will need to install a new charge point at the new property. How do the OLEV grants work, is it per property, individual or vehicle? I’m struggling to see from the pages.
If anyone has any experience of this could they let me know?
Thanks.

Should be a relatively trivial job for an electrician to move it, that'd be my first port of call.

I can't think why it would be any different to a normal install, so not actually trivial! In fact there's more to it than a normal install because the original location will have to be suitably blanked off and left in a safe and tidy state.

Reactions: goul
You can't claim twice for the same vehicle, so you won't get another OLEV grant.

You can pay a sparky to move your existing one (you're supposed to notify OLEV but I've never heard of them checking) or use the opportunity to get a tesla charger :p

Thank folks, really appreciate the info. I need to leave charger behind, so it does sound like an excuse for the Tesla one at the new place!