Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud flaps & Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried these? Says they're for the MY.

Fits Suv Hatchback Sedan Wagon Cars Rear Mud Flaps Black Splash Guards 2 Pcs

Looks too good to be true....

Just got this diagram from OMAC support. Looks like they are not custom, but should fit. Need drilling and trimming.

Novline Universal Mud Flaps.png

• Informative
Reactions: Krock65
If you can wait perhaps 6 months there should be some new mudflap options for the Model Y. I contacted Tesmanian because I am impressed with their floor liners. Tesmanian responded, stated in their reply that they already have mudflaps for the Model Y on their new product priority list. Tesmanian also noted that it can take 90 days or more to develop a new product, so next spring or summer seems likely. Too late for winter 2020/2021 but will likely be available before next winter.

After waiting for several months, and helplessly watching all the nicks and scratches accumulate on the lower part of my rear door (even with XPEL PPF on!), I broke down and bought a generic Amazon mudguard on the cheap ($20)

It may not suit everyone's taste, but it's not $130 (Canadian) nor do I have to drill holes into my fender like those from EV mudflaps.
It's a pliable rubbery material that I drilled holes into so I could align them up to use the OEM holes for the push-in fasteners (swapped out the push-in fasteners with slightly longer ones) and a strip of Gorilla double sided tape. Best part is when MY specific mudguards are manufactured you could easily remove these for them...

Here's what I purchased from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/LLJSTAT-Auto...+mud+flaps&qid=1609994767&s=automotive&sr=1-2

And some extra push-in retaining clips with tool to remove the fasteners.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FV5ZJL3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have no affiliation with sellers and this particular flap appears to be sold by many other sellers as well...
Hope this helps few of you save money and your paint until a more suitable replacement arrives.

Happy New Year!

IMG_4556.JPG IMG_4558.JPG IMG_4572.JPG IMG_4555.JPG IMG_4567.JPGIMG_4559.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4566.JPG
    IMG_4566.JPG
    443.9 KB · Views: 196
Am surprised in this day and age form fitting and attractive mud flaps are still not available. I’m not interested in a flat piece of rubber/plastic hanging off the wheel well.

And luckily due to COVID I’m not having to drive in ANY inclement weather (2700 miles since July) so I think I can ride out winter 20/21 without fear of any damage.

Reactions: Bobbo8
Mudguards Black plastic Mud Flap Flaps Splash Guards For 2020 2021 Tesla Model Y | eBay

This has just become available on eBay. Anyone want to give it a try? Minimal information on the description though. Hope it doesn't require drilling into the plastics trim.

Buyer beware:

1) The flap clearly has holes and shows screws/rivets that would require drilling;
2) The photo of the whole MY does not have flaps on it;
3) The enlarged photo is not of an MY - it has no black plastic wheel well trim.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
The white MY in the photo DOES have plastic wheel well trim...at least the photo I'm looking at does.

As for the holes: Are you sure they don't line up with pre-existing holes in the plastic wheel wells?

Buyer beware:

1) The flap clearly has holes and shows screws/rivets that would require drilling;
2) The photo of the whole MY does not have flaps on it;
3) The enlarged photo is not of an MY - it has no black plastic wheel well trim.

Yes that's true. I'm sure they just copy paste random pictures. I'm gonna give it a try anyway and if it doesn't fit the Model Y I'll request for money back from eBay or credit card.

Also messaged the seller. They claimed that this is a new product that will fit the model Y using the existing holes that it already has. I guess I'll know if it actually fits when it arrives in a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: angus[Y]oung