Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 85D is ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
His original delivery est. was 'End of Feb,16' but he is being quoted other dates now. Not sure if Tesla Melbourne aren't trying to get some wriggle room in his delivery.

I think mine said simply "February" when I ordered it, and then after confirmation I was told "late February", so technically not changed for me. Some I've heard recently have had their car turn up earlier than the original estimate. Luck of the draw I suspect depending on how they choose to batch their manufacturing, timing for ships etc

I think mine said simply "February" when I ordered it, and then after confirmation I was told "late February", so technically not changed for me. Some I've heard recently have had their car turn up earlier than the original estimate. Luck of the draw I suspect depending on how they choose to batch their manufacturing, timing for ships etc
Tesla aim to deliver early, so to ensure they do dont be surprised if your delivery dates creeps on a bit.

All this cable going into our garage today just for the Tesla... I hope it feels the love! 3 Phase 32A socket for the portable high rate charger on the rare occasions it might be needed, and eventually the 3 phase HPWC when it shows up, 230V 40A cable for the single phase HPWC connected to the controlled load meter for overnight charging at the cheapest rate, and a 230V 15A socket to connect the UMC for slow charging during the day using our excess solar power. Overkill perhaps, but we have all the bases covered! Sure helps that our son in law is an electrician so we get it all done for the right price :wink:

IMG_8343.JPG

All this cable going into our garage today just for the Tesla... I hope it feels the love! 3 Phase 32A socket for the portable high rate charger on the rare occasions it might be needed, and eventually the 3 phase HPWC when it shows up, 230V 40A cable for the single phase HPWC connected to the controlled load meter for overnight charging at the cheapest rate, and a 230V 15A socket to connect the UMC for slow charging during the day using our excess solar power. Overkill perhaps, but we have all the bases covered! Sure helps that our son in law is an electrician so we get it all done for the right price :wink:
4 different ways to charge your tesla in the same location. Why would you suggest that's overkill?
By the way, you can reduce the power draw on the 17" screen for slow daytime charging, so no need to drag your UMC out.

4 different ways to charge your tesla in the same location. Why would you suggest that's overkill?
By the way, you can reduce the power draw on the 17" screen for slow daytime charging, so no need to drag your UMC out.

Really just two in the end... HPWC 3 Phase 32A, and UMC daytime to use the excess solar. The 3 Phase socket is mainly just because I can and it costs no extra to put there. I can use it to test out the other charge adapters for road trip use I guess too. Good tip on the screen - thanks.

Hi Colina - mine might be on the same ship as yours. It moved from "building" to "Your Model S is in transit from the factory." about a week ago so I guess now I'm waiting for it to get on a ship and come out here. Suspect that will still be end of Feb as originally indicated. Will be delivered to Autonexus out at Eagle Farm and I have to pick it up from there.
Jordan

Hi everyone,

Very excited that today I ordered my 70D! I've ordered white, with the tan next gen seats and autopilot. I've got the 7 days to consider adding any other options, but at this stage I'm pretty sure that'll be it, unless after listening to others and reading more on this forum I feel convinced something else is "necessary".

I'm in Queensland, living on the Gold Coast. Anyone else nearby?

Looking forward to engaging with this forum, and being part of the conversations.

Cheers,
Colin

Hi Colin,

I'm a bit late to the party but just want to congratulate you on the 70D order. I have one myself I picked up a couple months ago and I will say that you will love it. Being a 70 I don't have any real worries about the range difference compared to the 85. I am in the SE QLD area. Will definitely keep an eye out for yours!

Hi Colina - mine might be on the same ship as yours. It moved from "building" to "Your Model S is in transit from the factory." about a week ago so I guess now I'm waiting for it to get on a ship and come out here. Suspect that will still be end of Feb as originally indicated. Will be delivered to Autonexus out at Eagle Farm and I have to pick it up from there.
Jordan

That's great! What date was your order confirmed, and how long did it say "In Production" for?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Colin,

I'm a bit late to the party but just want to congratulate you on the 70D order. I have one myself I picked up a couple months ago and I will say that you will love it. Being a 70 I don't have any real worries about the range difference compared to the 85. I am in the SE QLD area. Will definitely keep an eye out for yours!

Thanks! I did change mine to an 85D in the one week pre confirmation period - was touch and go on that one, but mainly because we do quite a lot of country driving.

Order was placed on the 20th November. It was in Production for less than a week.

Dash Cam arrived today and I'm expecting my charger to arrive today as well. Just need to find a reputable place to get the dash cam installed Ray Newman had his done at Complete Car Sound in Enoggera so I will probably go there as I know they have done at least 1 Model S.

Order was placed on the 20th November. It was in Production for less than a week.

Dash Cam arrived today and I'm expecting my charger to arrive today as well. Just need to find a reputable place to get the dash cam installed Ray Newman had his done at Complete Car Sound in Enoggera so I will probably go there as I know they have done at least 1 Model S.

Very similar story to mine, although the build cycles are pretty unfathomable by us mere mortals. Omniwolf ordered his car a few days after I did, and yet his went into production over a week before mine did. Now mine is finished, and his is still being built. Go figure!

Which dashcam did you get and who did you buy it off? That's definitely on my to do list too, I'm planning on the dual Blackvue. I'll check out Complete Car sound... I agree, definitely prefer to have someone with Tesla experience if they are going start pulling bits off my car and hooking up to the electrics. Chris F recommended The Car Kit Company, who operate Australia wide. He had a very good experience with them for his dashcam: http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/

My HPWC charger has already been received and installed, now it's just longing for a nice Tesla to plug itself into!

Found out today that my Tesla is already on the ship!!!! They are still saying mid to late Feb though but there might be a bit of arse covering here. Now I check the weather patterns over the Pacific Ocean daily instead of the MyTesla website....

I got the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH. (It has the front and back camera) From all the research I did, this seemed to come in ahead of everything else. I got it from SportGPS SportGPS Australia - Australia's #1 Sport Training Aid Store for $519 which included a 32Gb SD card and the PowerMagic Pro - for free (which I've been advised is snake oil and not needed anyway despite it being sold for $59 on other sites). I definitely want someone to install it who has experience with the Model S. I believe you can get the whole thing installed from Complete Car Sound for around $700.

Am chasing up my charger now. I will go ballistic if the car arrives before the charger!!!!!

I spoke to Complete Car Sound today. They said that installation will be about 2-3 hours. However, they said that if more than one car came in at once it would be cheaper as it's faster for them to do it the second, third time etc. They said they would average out the cost between the cars.

Assuming the cars all arrive at roughly the same time this could be easy enough to organise.

Found out today that my Tesla is already on the ship!!!! They are still saying mid to late Feb though but there might be a bit of arse covering here. Now I check the weather patterns over the Pacific Ocean daily instead of the MyTesla website....

I got the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH. (It has the front and back camera) From all the research I did, this seemed to come in ahead of everything else. I got it from SportGPS SportGPS Australia - Australia's #1 Sport Training Aid Store for $519 which included a 32Gb SD card and the PowerMagic Pro - for free (which I've been advised is snake oil and not needed anyway despite it being sold for $59 on other sites). I definitely want someone to install it who has experience with the Model S. I believe you can get the whole thing installed from Complete Car Sound for around $700.

Am chasing up my charger now. I will go ballistic if the car arrives before the charger!!!!!

Fantastic your car is on a ship! Did Tesla tell you that over the phone? My understanding is the next MYTESLA update after "in transit from the factory" is "being prepared for delivery at a service location".

For the charger, I asked Adam for it early so I could get it done with other electrical work and it was overnighted to me the next day. One day later I had the whole thing installed and ready to go. So, you should be right!

I was all set to get the Blackvue as well, but over the last couple of days research I've heard quite a few reliability issues, and many are now going for the Thinkware F750. It has better specs as well. The only downside with it is the unit itself is a bit bigger. So... still thinking about it!

Update... mine is on a ship too, no doubt the same one! I'm told it is due to dock about a week into Feb, so mid Feb delivery sounds about right.

With mine it took 10 days from the time the ship arrived in Melbourne, cleared customs (fumigation etc.) before I could pick up....if I wasn't in Melbourne (or Sydney) they said it would have taken an additional 3-5 days.

I know Tesla are dead keen to get the car delivered as soon as the car hits the docks so they push hard.

Colina, do you have your plates all lined up? I took my plates in early so there was no slow down ;-)

-ECIT