Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO experience is already awful.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did end up picking up my car on Saturday. I should've rejected and walked away. I didn't because I pointed out issues but was reassured by both the ds and the sales person that my concerns were not accurate. At any rate before I go much further into it, I'm waiting for Monday - the salesperson has promised to discuss this with the re marketing manager. This car should have NEVER been part of the cpo program.

I did end up picking up my car on Saturday. I should've rejected and walked away. I didn't because I pointed out issues but was reassured by both the ds and the sales person that my concerns were not accurate. At any rate before I go much further into it, I'm waiting for Monday - the salesperson has promised to discuss this with the re marketing manager. This car should have NEVER been part of the cpo program.

Been kind of following your posts here and wondered how Saturday went for you. Really sorry your delivery has been like what it has. Tougher I'm sure with so many others here all excited about theirs once it arrived. The car's location, not being where it was reported to be, certainly added to your delay. And if your car had hail damage I wonder if that happened after the sale and/or while being transported from CT and caught the CPO teams by surprise and why maybe you didn't get photos like you asked. In any event despite all you've gone through waiting, I hope your concerns can be addressed and worked out to your satisfaction one way or the other. Will be watching to see what happens. I'd like to see you happy and sure Tesla really would too. Hubby bought his car new but when I'm ready to get rid of mine I've been thinking maybe CPO with the 4yr/50,000 warranty is the way I should go to make it more affordable as a second car. I'm still thinking it won't be for another year at least and reports of fellow CPO purchasers' experiences have been enlightening.

Yes most certainly it is tougher with others who have had a satisfactory experience. Don't get me wrong. The car looked decent from the outside. I raised my objections about the interior, but they were all addressed with "it falls within the CPO standard". Anyhow, without getting it into it further, let's give Tesla an opportunity to correct this before I start sharing pictures with anyone and everyone.

Does Tesla share the maintenance history of CPO vehicles? Would be good to know what has been performed.

They refused to do that. In fact the ds claimed that he couldn't even see it.

This is contrary to every post where I've seen them say they shared all items replaced by cpo process, wheel alignment specs. Etc... I didn't get any of that.

As a comparison, the BMW CPO program states in writing that every COP vehicle comes with a complete maintenance history.

There's a lot to be said for cars on the lot. If you have reservations about the CPO process, Tesla is a real brick and mortar store. I'd give up, or pay up, for options before expectations climb on an unseen distance sale.

There's a lot to be said for cars on the lot. If you have reservations about the CPO process, Tesla is a real brick and mortar store. I'd give up, or pay up, for options before expectations climb on an unseen distance sale.

That's easy enough to say. However, A) Tesla isn't in all states. And B) They do not keep CPO inventory on hand for viewing at the store prior to purchase. Their process is the only way to go if you want a "CPO" Tesla. Otherwise you'll have to go private party or third party dealer.

That's easy enough to say. However, A) Tesla isn't in all states. And B) They do not keep CPO inventory on hand for viewing at the store prior to purchase. Their process is the only way to go if you want a "CPO" Tesla. Otherwise you'll have to go private party or third party dealer.

I really want to hear how this works out for you. I hope they make things right.

Keep us posted!

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt to fix this. They've presented a couple of options so far. Unfortunately one of them involves me spending about 10% more than what i had planned on, and it pushes me to the point where I should be considering a P85 as opposed to a S85.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt to fix this. They've presented a couple of options so far. Unfortunately one of them involves me spending about 10% more than what i had planned on, and it pushes me to the point where I should be considering a P85 as opposed to a S85.

Are you looking at pre-AP cars?

No matter what car it is, at Model S price levels a 10% increase can be pretty steep in absolute numbers...

I got a copy of the 200 point inspection on my CPO last week, which pointed out what items "passed" and what was "repaired". I also requested a copy of the alignment, which they provided.

Not sure why they would say they can't provide it. Hope they find you a great replacement- at a discount for the trouble.