Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue/ black/19”
OD: 1/14
Austin VIN assigned on Jan 28th , NJ

EDD got pushed from 2/9-2/15 to 2/13 to 2/20, waiting to schedule a delivery appointment

EDIT:

Finally got the delivery appointment...2/16
Damn my OD was 9 days after. Same exact build. Hopefully my EDD is wrong and mine comes a little over a month too. (VERY wishful thinking) 🤞

I'm picking up mine from the Irvine SC on Saturday 2/11. I'll let you know how it goes.
So I stopped by the Irvine service center since it is basically next door to the bank where I had to pick up the cashier's check... They would not let me look at my car because they still have to detail it. I saw a bunch of cars lined up waiting for delivery, and the cursory review I made of them showed pretty good quality.

I did not spend any time looking at any particular car, just a quick walk by of the line of cars. Nothing jumped out at me as being a show stopper from an assembly standpoint. I'll see how my car looks in detail tomorrow morning.

Hey, everyone. Just got my VIN (PA066*) assigned today. Details are below:

Order Date: 1/14/23; 9:00 PM PST
Build: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19
EDD #1: February 4 - March 4
EDD #2: February 14 - March 21 (updated on 1/24)
EDD #3: February 8 - February 22 (updated 1/30)
EDD #4: February 15 - February 24 (updated 2/4)
Quick update. Received a message from Tesla earlier this morning to schedule my at-home delivery. The only dates available were 2/17, 2/18, and 2/19. I penciled it in for Sunday, February 19. Hopefully this information helps those in SoCal.

Order Date: 1/14/23; 9:00 PM PST
Build: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19
EDD #1: February 4 - March 4
EDD #2: February 14 - March 21 (updated on 1/24)
EDD #3: February 8 - February 22 (updated 1/30)
EDD #4: February 15 - February 24 (updated 2/4)
Scheduled Delivery: February 19 (updated 2/10)

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on the integrity of the build and such.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra and en9ine
Update! Just got our VIN

EDD updated to 3/1-3/10
Just updated again, firmly in February so there’ll be no question of us getting the tax credit before the rules are changed.

9E49E098-F2AE-46A5-84A9-9B5F3C09FCBA.jpeg

Order date: 1/13/14
EDD: Feb 4 - 18
VIN - Feb 4th
Blue/Black 19" MYLR
Seattle, WA

Just got VIN this morning and scheduled delivery for this Thursday 2/9

Took 22 days to VIN and 27 to delivery. Not bad considering what people have had to wait for last year.

--------------------------------------------

Update on delivery that happened on 2/9/23 at the Fife, WA service center.

The delivery experience was fast and the SA was very helpful and assisted with everything. After completing a few things inside at the desk (I was trading in an 18 year old Honda Element, and they gave me a decent amount). We headed outside to our MYLR Blue/Black. There was another couple next to us checking out their new MYLR, and it looked to be there second one, as the had their first one parked in front of it with the kids.

I was able to take my time in looking it over, inspecting for anything glaring that would cause me to not take delivery. It only had 5 miles on it and was a Fremont build, with Matrix headlights. I would say overall, the car was in excellent condition. There was only one big thing on the back of the passenger seat where they somehow scratched up the plastic on it really good. I was able to let the SA know of any concerns after taking pictures, and even took one of him so he could corroborate that it was like that at delivery. I scheduled service to get it fixed sitting there. I didn't want to sit around and wait for it that day as we had to get the kids from school.

When I got home I did a better inspection of everything and I could only find a few microscopic issues with the paint. There was on white dot on the side of the car in the back, but you have to get really close to see it.. about the side of a pin head. It is smooth and under the paint, so no point in trying to fix it... I just think of it as the car's beauty mark. There was also a slight paint bubble near the front hood, but again.. you have to look super hard to see it.

When I got it home and hooked it up to my Tesla Wall Charger I had already gotten installed. I was sitting there playing with the car most of the night and was hearing a constant hum in the cabin and wondered if that was normal. Of course the super-manifold was doing its job and conditioning the battery and keeping things cool. Then next day when I came out things were much quieter overall and the car is running great so nothing to worry about with respect to people reporting the new Model Y's have constant loud noise from the octovalve.

I will get the seat fixed this next week and hope everyone else gets cars that are in good condition at delivery.

Oh yeah, this Tesla is right next to a Costco Business Center, so of course I had to make a stop on the way home for a few things.... it has plenty of storage space. LOL

Glad to be a Tesla owner!

Attachments

• Back Seat 1.jpeg
    Back Seat 1.jpeg
    707.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Back Seat 2.jpeg
    Back Seat 2.jpeg
    766.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: JimVandegriff
Order date: 1/13/14
EDD: Feb 4 - 18
VIN - Feb 4th
Blue/Black 19" MYLR
Seattle, WA

Just got VIN this morning and scheduled delivery for this Thursday 2/9

Took 22 days to VIN and 27 to delivery. Not bad considering what people have had to wait for last year.

--------------------------------------------

Update on delivery that happened on 2/9/23 at the Fife, WA service center.

The delivery experience was fast and the SA was very helpful and assisted with everything. After completing a few things inside at the desk (I was trading in an 18 year old Honda Element, and they gave me a decent amount). We headed outside to our MYLR Blue/Black. There was another couple next to us checking out their new MYLR, and it looked to be there second one, as the had their first one parked in front of it with the kids.

I was able to take my time in looking it over, inspecting for anything glaring that would cause me to not take delivery. I would say overall, the car was in excellent condition. There was only one big thing on the back of the passenger seat where they somehow scratched up the plastic on it really good. I was able to let the SA know of any concerns after taking pictures, and even took one of him so he could corroborate that it was like that at delivery. I scheduled service to get it fixed sitting there. I didn't want to sit around and wait for it that day as we had to get the kids from school.

When I got home I did a better inspection of everything and I could only find a few microscopic issues with the paint. There was on white dot on the side of the car in the back, but you have to get really close to see it.. about the side of a pin head. It is smooth and under the paint, so no point in trying to fix it... I just think of it as the car's beauty mark. There was also a slight paint bubble near the front hood, but again.. you have to look super hard to see it.

When I got it home and hooked it up to my Tesla Wall Charger I had already gotten installed. I was sitting there playing with the car most of the night and was hearing a constant hum in the cabin and wondered if that was normal. Of course the super-manifold was doing its job and conditioning the battery and keeping things cool. Then next day when I came out things were much quieter overall and the car is running great so nothing to worry about with respect to people reporting the new Model Y's have constant loud noise from the octovalve.

I will get the seat fixed this next week and hope everyone else gets cars that are in good condition at delivery.

Oh yeah, this Tesla is right next to a Costco Business Center, so of course I had to make a stop on the way home for a few things.... it has plenty of storage space. LOL

Glad to be a Tesla owner!
Wow, surprised that seat back passed muster. This is the kind of rinky dink stuff that should be taken care of by the delivery center before the customer even arrives.

Wow, surprised that seat back passed muster. This is the kind of rinky dink stuff that should be taken care of by the delivery center before the customer even arrives.
Sure, I agree and am not giving them a pass on it. I do consider what is going on at the time though. They are packed. Literally hundreds of new Tesla's at this location and constant delivery. I am sure they are swamped. I could have had them fix it that day but didn't want to wait around. If the car was scratched up, had glaring quality issues I would have done a reject.

I also understand what it is like to work in retail/service, and know they will honor their warranty and get it fixed. Buying a car is stressful and I enjoyed the experience I had verses a normal car dealership. No haggling, finance or sitting around for hours and hours why they play head games with you.

Now hopefully the steering wheel stays on... ha ha!

All the best for today’s pickup
Thanks! Here’s a bit of a cross posted summary of my experience with pickup.

Took delivery this morning from the Irvine, CA service center. Spent about two hours there in total. Way longer than anticipated.

First pass, I spotted a couple of little scuffs. The team at the service center cleaned those up quickly. On the second walk around, spotted a couple of more issues including a group of circular imprints that remind me of paintless dent removal because of the pattern. I also spotted a “pit” in the paint. It’s about the size of a small BB. The service center said “it’s in spec”. I have to hunt for it, so I’m not going to fuss over it.

The panel gaps are all acceptable to me. The headlights are not quite perfectly flush with the panels around them on both sides, but visually, it’s hard to pick up on. I didn’t even bother to mention this.

There was a line on the driver’s seat that they had to clean up.

I also had to make a service appointment because there is a scuff in the plastic charge port cover. Looks like the mobile service folks will have to replace the cover.

None of the issues I noted were show stoppers, and I would have driven the car off the lot even if the detail team wasn’t able to clean it up.

The one minor complaint I have is with the detail they performed prior to my arrival. It must have been the laziest car wash crew ever. They left quite a bit of dirt on the car. The front vent area looked like they didn’t bother to wash it at all. And then the wheel wells all looked splattered in dry mud. I don’t know what path they took from the detail shop to the parking lot, but wow…

Overall though, it was a pleasant pickup experience.

Reactions: Rasheed1011
Got VIN - Feb 10
Uploaded Insurance details waiting for DD
On Feb 11 Contacted SA to change my finance loan from Tesla to 3rd party and Registration details and he did change in no time and I paid Down payment through Tesla app without any issue and contacted SA to make sure my payment got received and response from SA with in no time and I asked SA for DD he said he is waiting for shipping info on his side and by evening DD window got updated from 02/16-03/02 to 02/26-03/02