Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my vin this evening sometime. Only showed up in the app after I checked; no texts; no email yet.

OD: 1/14/23, 11 pm-ish
Blue/Black/19in/Tow/MYLR

EDD 1: Jan-Mar
EDD 2: 2/7-3/7 (less than a week after order date)
EDD 3: 2/16 - 3/2 (as of 3/8, 9am EST, no vin assigned yet)
EDD 4: 2/23 - 3/2 (as of 3/8, 8:30pm-ish, vin assigned)
PF67XXXX
No delivery date scheduled yet, no texts or emails from SA

NY, downstate

For those of you obsessed with reading Tesla tea leaves like I am, my day went like this just before my VIN was assigned:
  • Woke up and checked app, website, view source code about 10x. No vin. Delivery date still at 2/7 - 3/7
  • Texted SA at 9am, asking if they knew when my vin would be assigned. SA responded with generic “your estimated delivery date is available in your Tesla app and it is the most accurate ETA we have….”
  • I texted back asking if they at least knew whether my car would be coming from California or Texas. SA responds that they “won’t have that information until a vin is assigned.”
  • Check app again a few seconds later…. App hangs, close and reopen app, delivery estimate changes to 2/16 - 3/2, but no vin. Coincidence that delivery estimate narrowed from texting SA just now?
  • Check app, website, view source code about 50 more times throughout day…. No further change.
  • 5:42 pm, get text from SA—“great news: model y orders up to 80k now qualify for the federal tax credit…. [edit your design and add options blah blah]”
  • Check app again… no updates
  • Eat dinner
  • Check app around 8:30pm— vin added, delivery estimate changed to 2/23 - 3/2. Hooray. No texts or emails from Tesla about this yet.
Part of me wonders whether any of this would have happened today had I not texted the SA. Or maybe just coincidence.

Reactions: GenYer and Abhi99
Finally got my vin this evening sometime. Only showed up in the app after I checked; no texts; no email yet.

Blue/Black/19in/Tow/MYLR

PF67XXXX

NY, downstate

For those of you obsessed with reading Tesla tea leaves like I am, my day went like this just before my VIN was assigned:
  • Woke up and checked app, website, view source code about 10x. No vin. Delivery date still at 2/7 - 3/7
  • Texted SA at 9am, asking if they knew when my vin would be assigned. SA responded with generic “your estimated delivery date is available in your Tesla app and it is the most accurate ETA we have….”
  • I texted back asking if they at least knew whether my car would be coming from California or Texas. SA responds that they “won’t have that information until a vin is assigned.”
  • Check app again a few seconds later…. App hangs, close and reopen app, delivery estimate changes to 2/16 - 3/2, but no vin. Coincidence that delivery estimate narrowed from texting SA just now?
  • Check app, website, view source code about 50 more times throughout day…. No further change.
  • 5:42 pm, get text from SA—“great news: model y orders up to 80k now qualify for the federal tax credit…. [edit your design and add options blah blah]”
  • Check app again… no updates
  • Eat dinner
  • Check app around 8:30pm— vin added, delivery estimate changed to 2/23 - 3/2. Hooray. No texts or emails from Tesla about this yet.
Part of me wonders whether any of this would have happened today had I not texted the SA. Or maybe just coincidence.
Congrats! Slowly but surely. I got my VIN on 2/4 with an EDD of 2/15-2/24. Still waiting for the option to schedule delivery.

Reactions: nj201 and en9ine
MYLR Blue/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/14
EDD1: Jan -Mar
EDD2: 2/2-3/2
EDD3: 2/5-2/19
EDD4: 2/6-219
EDD5: 2/7-2/19
EDD6: 2/8-2/19
Still NO VIN

This is like the cruelest joke ever. Every day that passes they just move the first number in the EDD up. It feels like something is wrong but Telsa hasn't answered my texts for the last 4 days. Don't know what to do.
Just wait? I am sure they will tell you before delivery is available. If there's no news, they should ignore your daily texts.

The window they've provided ends 10 days from now...

Last edited:

Blue/Black/19in/Tow/MYLR

PF67XXXX

NY, downstate
I’ve been texting with the SA, who said that my Fremont VIN would be coming with the matrix lights. SA also said to wait until I at least got a delivery date scheduled before I handle insurance (previous automated texts said that I should upload insurance documents “now” —which was confusing).

Well crap, latest EDD is April 17 - May 29 for me. Now I need to decide if I gamble with the tax credit still being there or pay up for a performance and hope that gets here much sooner. Decisions decisions....

OD: January 31st around 8PM EST
Blue/Black/19" Geminis/No Options
EDD 1: Feb-Mar
EDD 2: April 17 - May 29
Connecticut, delivery will be in Mount Kisco, NY

Well crap, latest EDD is April 17 - May 29 for me. Now I need to decide if I gamble with the tax credit still being there or pay up for a performance and hope that gets here much sooner. Decisions decisions....

OD: January 31st around 8PM EST
Blue/Black/19" Geminis/No Options
EDD 1: Feb-Mar
EDD 2: April 17 - May 29
Connecticut, delivery will be in Mount Kisco, NY
Or downgrade to the non-LR, lots of inventory been popping up on the inventory site of that model

Or downgrade to the non-LR, lots of inventory been popping up on the inventory site of that model
Downgrade isn't the direction I want to go. Wife actually said just go for the performance after telling me I wasn't allowed to get one on our LR test drive because it was already so fast. So I took that and ran with it, hope it comes through much quicker. Good luck with the LR all, hope everyone gets one with full credit!

Downgrade isn't the direction I want to go. Wife actually said just go for the performance after telling me I wasn't allowed to get one on our LR test drive because it was already so fast. So I took that and ran with it, hope it comes through much quicker. Good luck with the LR all, hope everyone gets one with full credit!
Well if you go to the MYP hopefully it moves me up. My EDD changed to April 22 - June 5th :eek: