Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/17/2023
EDD 1: 2/22-3/29
EDD 2: 2/20-3/1
MYLR Blue/black/gemini
NY
VIN: 2/8
Delivery confirmed: 2/12

Picking up on 2/24!

I’ve got the mod bug and already bought the following!

21” Uberturbines with Falken Azenis A/S 265/40/21 and 295/35/21 (should be squared, I hate the stretched look)
Full CF dash replacement (not covers)
9” display
Tesla puddle lights and lighted sidesills
Taptes all season mats
OEM rear lip spoiler (ordering later today)

That’s it. I originally wanted an MYP but the stiff ride really turned me off, especially for a family car. I’m surprised how quick the LR is actually, and I have a track car anyway. Can’t wait to pick this up!

I’m contemplating between a full PPF or autoflex spray.

Also, just sold my family truck that I’m replacing with the MY. It’s nice but just so incredibly boring. Timing is good!

C46E5146-8FC0-440D-80D6-560637226CB3.jpeg

Thanks! Here’s a bit of a cross posted summary of my experience with pickup.

Took delivery this morning from the Irvine, CA service center. Spent about two hours there in total. Way longer than anticipated.

First pass, I spotted a couple of little scuffs. The team at the service center cleaned those up quickly. On the second walk around, spotted a couple of more issues including a group of circular imprints that remind me of paintless dent removal because of the pattern. I also spotted a “pit” in the paint. It’s about the size of a small BB. The service center said “it’s in spec”. I have to hunt for it, so I’m not going to fuss over it.

The panel gaps are all acceptable to me. The headlights are not quite perfectly flush with the panels around them on both sides, but visually, it’s hard to pick up on. I didn’t even bother to mention this.

There was a line on the driver’s seat that they had to clean up.

I also had to make a service appointment because there is a scuff in the plastic charge port cover. Looks like the mobile service folks will have to replace the cover.

None of the issues I noted were show stoppers, and I would have driven the car off the lot even if the detail team wasn’t able to clean it up.

The one minor complaint I have is with the detail they performed prior to my arrival. It must have been the laziest car wash crew ever. They left quite a bit of dirt on the car. The front vent area looked like they didn’t bother to wash it at all. And then the wheel wells all looked splattered in dry mud. I don’t know what path they took from the detail shop to the parking lot, but wow…

Overall though, it was a pleasant pickup experience.
Congrats. Enjoy your new ride
OD 1/17/2023
MYLR Blue/black/gemini
NY

Picking up on 2/24!

21” Uberturbines with Falken Azenis A/S 265/40/21 and 295/35/21 (should be squared, I hate the stretched look)
9” display
Taptes all season mats

That’s it. I originally wanted an MYP but the stiff ride really turned me off, especially for a family car. I’m surprised how quick the LR is actually, and I have a track car anyway. Can’t wait to pick this up!

Also, just sold my family truck that I’m replacing with the MY. It’s nice but just so incredibly boring. Timing is good!

View attachment 906603
congrats

OD 1/17/2023
MYLR Blue/black/gemini
NY

Picking up on 2/24!

9” display
Taptes all season mats

View attachment 906603

do you have the link to 9" display?

do you have the link to 9" display?
HANSSHOW New Tesla Head Up Display for Model Y/3 Online OTA Upgrade 9" IPS Touch Screen with AMD /Intel Version Wireless Carplay and Android Auto Wired HUD Bluetooth WiFi USB Connected https://a.co/d/ejv2tEg

I’m taking a chance on this- my wife and I both need CarPlayand it’s weird not having a speedo in your direct line of sight.

Got the email/text to schedule delivery (was given Feb 25, 26, 27). I made the mistake of texting my wife to make sure we were free that weekend (she’s a teacher and she didn’t respond until two hours later). I should have just went ahead and booked it when all the time slots were still available on all three days.
Now, the only available time that would work for us would be 5:40 on Monday 2/27 — right in the middle of rush hour traffic.
I already sent a text message to my customer rep asking this, but has anyone had any luck getting them to manually squeeze you in to an earlier time slot? I told them we could do any time on 2/25.

I really want to change from white to blue.
OD 2/3 MYLR switched to MYP 2/4
EDD 3/3-3/31 in NY (LI pickup)

I am concerned Blue may set my date back past March. If I knew the full tax credit was going to available in April I would 100% make the switch.

Last edited:
OD 1/17/2023
MYLR Blue/black/gemini
NY

Picking up on 2/24!

9” display
Taptes all season mats

View attachment 906603
I know that dealership hahahah I was there Saturday, was considering maybe a RX350 as I am Toyota/Lexus person. They judged the book by its cover as I was there in sweats and a hoodie. Not 1 of the 10 idle sales people even approached me. St***** Lexus can suck it. Cant wait for my Y performance. I most likely wouldn't of changed my mind but I at least wanted to check the 23 RX. If you see a MYP around old country or Round Swamp it could be me!