Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order date of 1/17 Seattle area. The basic blue with black no addons, 19" wheels.

My EDD is 3/1-3/29

I contacted the SA and he told me it looks like the system is indicating the first part of March build.

I guess theres a possibility it gets here faster but that at least that gives me an better expected window.

For me I'm expecting mid March for actual delivery if it's built early March and then transported up to Seattle.
I am impressed by all of you who are getting this type of information from a SA. I have the same order date as you and the app says March 5 - March 31 for me. When I text the number the only update I have ever gotten is check the app.

Picked it up last night; it came with scratches and a slight gap between the rear right c pillar and trunk glass. But the scratches I can polish out. I got rid of the stock Gemini wheels and also spent the night painting all the calipers. I’m going to install more goodies today, but this blue color and the gold calipers really pop! The Uberturbines are wearing beefier tires (265/40/21 front and 295/35/21 rear).

View attachment 910810

View attachment 910812View attachment 910815
You have installed after market black rim ?

I am impressed by all of you who are getting this type of information from a SA. I have the same order date as you and the app says March 5 - March 31 for me. When I text the number the only update I have ever gotten is check the app.
At first I thought it was a computer replying, but recently all my messages have been very friendly. Think it just depends on who is responding in the store at the time the message is sent.

Reactions: Captain78
Yeah, the weather has been horrible. A number of areas are experiencing power outages too. I had my MYLR delivered from Burbank on 2/19. I regret it. Found a number of interior and exterior issues that‘ll hopefully get resolved come 3/6 at the Alhambra service center. I highly recommend taking delivery of the car at the Burbank service center so you can report everything then and there.
I have a home delivery from Burbank tomorrow.after reading your original post, I asked if I could pick up on site, but they said on-site pickup is only for those over 25 miles away from Burbank. I will let you know how it goes.

I have a home delivery from Burbank tomorrow.after reading your original post, I asked if I could pick up on site, but they said on-site pickup is only for those over 25 miles away from Burbank. I will let you know how it goes.
Got it. I remember coming across another post that also stated he was denied an on-site pickup because of proximity. Good luck! I hope yours has zero issues.

The part that confused me is that my MPVA stated 15 miles but it was delivered to me with 23 miles. In the grand scheme of things, 8 miles isn’t much but it’s the principle of the matter! 🤓

There's a good chance I will cancel my order if it comes up in Apr-May without HW4, and from all I read HW4 will come to the MY much later. While I realize there's always going to be a 'next thing' - HW4 offers much more potential than HW3 - hardware and sensors, and retrofits are highly unlikely - and certainly not at no charge if they even happen. I am sure I'll face a higher price by waiting, but worth it to me. YMMV

Aside from EAP and FSD, it would be nice if Tesla upped their game WRT blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alerts, parking assistance and other very common features. That may/not have anything to do with HW4, but no way to know in advance.

There's a good chance I will cancel my order if it comes up in Apr-May without HW4, and from all I read HW4 will come to the MY much later. While I realize there's always going to be a 'next thing' - HW4 offers much more potential than HW3 - hardware and sensors, and retrofits are highly unlikely - and certainly not at no charge if they even happen. I am sure I'll face a higher price by waiting, but worth it to me. YMMV

Aside from EAP and FSD, it would be nice if Tesla upped their game WRT blind spot detection, rear cross traffic alerts, parking assistance and other very common features. That may/not have anything to do with HW4, but no way to know in advance.
Just curious what features you are trying to get out of HW4 other than EAP and FSD? I agree with you, I dont want to buy something that will be obsolete the day after I buy it, but I have to ask myself if I will even benefit from HW4, radar, or whatever else it is supposed to add. I *THINK* that the features you mention, "blind spot, rear traffic, parking sensors," DO exist in HW3 and are just disabled at the moment? Please correct me if I am wrong because I am a complete n00b with all this stuff :)

Just curious what features you are trying to get out of HW4 other than EAP and FSD? I agree with you, I dont want to buy something that will be obsolete the day after I buy it, but I have to ask myself if I will even benefit from HW4, radar, or whatever else it is supposed to add. I *THINK* that the features you mention, "blind spot, rear traffic, parking sensors," DO exist in HW3 and are just disabled at the moment? Please correct me if I am wrong because I am a complete n00b with all this stuff :)
I'm new to this as well, and don't know for sure. But I have to wonder why park assist (and other features) has been missing for almost 5 months so far? Removing USS without an alternative ready to deploy seems a little unfair to customers, especially for 5 months. Maybe there will be an announcement tomorrow at Investor Day, but I'm not holding my breath. In that they're talking about more cameras and HD radar with HW4 eventually, which would be on all models, there's no doubt there will be better performance/more potential - we just don't have any idea exactly how.

Tesla blind spot is not as good as most competitors, rear cross traffic alerts have never been included with AP as far as I know, and parking sensors have not been available in HW3 since USS was removed - that remains to be seen, but 5 months for something that should have been a seamless transition???

I'm new to this as well, and don't know for sure. But I have to wonder why park assist (and other features) has been missing for almost 5 months so far? Removing USS without an alternative ready to deploy seems a little unfair to customers, especially for 5 months. Maybe there will be an announcement tomorrow at Investor Day, but I'm not holding my breath. In that they're talking about more cameras and HD radar with HW4 eventually, which would be on all models, there's no doubt there will be better performance/more potential - we just don't have any idea exactly how.

Tesla blind spot is not as good as most competitors, rear cross traffic alerts have never been included with AP as far as I know, and parking sensors have not been available in HW3 since USS was removed - that remains to be seen, but 5 months for something that should have been a seamless transition???
Blind spot on other cars i have had, has been 6 USS on the front bumper and 6 on the rear.

The normal 4 and then one in each side that points to the side, to detect cars next to your car.

My last car only had 4 USS front and rear, but instead it had a radar in each of the back corners, so it was actually able to see cars in the blind spot a lot sooner than the USS ones.

Tesla has neither USS, nor Radar (My previous car had 3 radars, the current MY has 0) so has to rely on camera's, which might be good enough, but is probably a LOT harder to get working good, and while USS and radar are pretty tolerant to rain and dirt, the camera is NOT.

Rear cross traffic on my previous car, again relied on the radar in each rear corner of the car, maybe they can do it with the reversing camera, but again...Water, dirt will affect it, and then there is the angle, the radar was able to see a rather large area behind the car, the camera has limited view.

I agree fully, that the sequence should have been

Implement vision based parking, summon and so on and then remove USS....Not the other way around.

OD 1/17/2023 AM
EDD : March 1-8
Blue/black/19 no tow
Los Angeles CA
VIN: PA077

Reached out to my SA this morning to see if I could get a more accurate DD, was told it is estimated to be at Burbank 2/26, late evening (weather permitting). Of course the weather is terrible here in so cal, my financing isn't complete and March 1 is looming!

Disappointed it's not a Fremont build based on my location, but, understand from a Tesla efficiency perspective.
Any updates to yours? I had DD of 2/25 then pushed to 2/28 but got cancelled. Now its estimated to be at Burbank on 3/4. They said that the car is at the railyard in California and they are backed up unloading the vehicles. Was really hoping to get it complete before March 1st.

Agree with @Midpack and @hmadsen
I canceled an MY delivery appointment and put my reservation on hold yesterday because I was not willing to pay more than $60K out of pocket for a car that had fairly poor rear visibility and no working park assist feature. I will see how things look in a couple of weeks when my hold expires, but I am expecting that I will have to cancel my reservation and wait longer for the improvement in sensors and computer that could bring features like park assist, birdseye view, rear cross traffic, alerts, and traffic aware of cruise control that is free of phantom braking. I am willing to pay more for a Tesla MY with these features, and I am also willing to keep an eye on the competition as they improve over time.

Last edited:
MYLR Blue/Black/5 seater/No Tow
OD: 01/18
EDD1: Jan-Mar
EDD2: Feb 17 - Mar 17
EDD3: Mar 1 - Mar 31
No VIN yet

I logged into my account this evening. On the manage page, they directed me to similar cars that were available.
If I would just click on the change order I could have a white MYLR for $3000 more than what I agreed to.
There were also a few Blue/Black NOT LONG RANGE available with induction wheels for more money.
So I did nothing and will wait for Tesla to honor the agreement,
I don't l;ike bait and switch.