Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used sticky plates on my previous model 3 , and my lotus Elise . Came off when needed to .
My son has used them on his Mylr and Iā€™m going to on my Myp Iā€™m picking up tomorrow.

I visit Florida often and see so many teslas looking the better for no front number plate !

Chances are Tesla U.K. has put your front plate on wonky anyway šŸ¤£

Sorry if this has been asked before; is it safe to assume our new MYP will already have mud flaps and PPF already on it?

If not, is it worth ordering the PPF listed (Ā£50) on the UK Tesla shop?

Last edited:
Iā€™m confused by all the posts about trackers. The location of my Model 3 has been visible to me continually via the app since I got it in 2020. Iā€™m getting a Model Y next week and the same will apply.

Why is an additional tracker necessary?

(ā€¦Until earlier this year the app actually showed the vehicle moving on the app location tab a-la Uber but now, although the wheels are shown turning itā€™s necessary to use the location tab which updates on its map every time you open it)

Iā€™m confused by all the posts about trackers. The location of my Model 3 has been visible to me continually via the app since I got it in 2020. Iā€™m getting a Model Y next week and the same will apply.

(ā€¦Until earlier this year the app actually showed the vehicle moving on the app location tab a-la Uber but now, although the wheels are shown turning itā€™s necessary to use the location tab which updates on its map every time you open it)
If your insurance requires it ask then if Tesla built in tracker is accepted.

(ā€¦Until earlier this year the app actually showed the vehicle moving on the app location tab a-la Uber but now, although the wheels are shown turning itā€™s necessary to use the location tab which updates on its map every time you open it

Our insurer says the vehicle must have a thatcham cat5s tracker . Capable of displaying live vehicle location and remote immobilisation .

Tesla trackers arenā€™t thatcham rated as far as I can see.

The tracker company can supply a cat5s tracker but it must connect to vehicle battery and the wiring for the brake pedal to immobilise the car.

Tesla say this will void the warranty.

The tracker company can supply a tracker that doesnā€™t need to connect to the battery but this is a cat7 meaning it will not immobilise the vehicle in the event of theft. This is below the insurance requirements.

I have till Monday to sort this out as our insurance have given me temp cover to collect the car.

This is an insane situation.
We have been with the same insurer for over 10 years and they have covered 50+ different vehicles for me! And my current ev a Volvo p8 !!!

Iā€™m leaving in an hour or so to collect the car from Manchester.

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with insurance
Our insurer says the vehicle must have a thatcham cat5s tracker . Capable of displaying live vehicle location and remote immobilisation .

The tracker company can supply a cat5s tracker but it must connect to vehicle battery and the wiring for the brake pedal to immobilise the car.

The tracker company can supply a tracker that doesnā€™t need to connect to the battery but this is a cat7 meaning it will not immobilise the vehicle in the event of theft. This is below the insurance requirements.

I have till Monday to sort this out as our insurance have given me temp cover to collect the car.

We have been with the same insurer for over 10 years and they have covered 50+ different vehicles for me! And my current ev a Volvo p8 !!!

I went with direct line. Super simple.

I looked at direct line - hoping they'd be much cheaper due to their "partnership with Tesla", their quote was ~40% higher than Admiral (secured via a comparison site) :/
Did you go through the Tesla link? That seems to make a difference to some.

Churchill and Privilege can often be cheaper than DL, even though they are essentially the same company.

Did you go through the Tesla link? That seems to make a difference to some.

Churchill and Privilege can often be cheaper than DL, even though they are essentially the same company.
Yes admiral came up cheapest on comparison but I managed to get a comparable deal with direct line due to existing relationship. Gap insurance on top these will never be ā€œthatā€ cheap to insure.

Change companies our Tesla is with LV

They accept the Tesla tracker. Ā£408 a year both had recent none fault accidents. 42 and 14 years NCD Inc business use

Reactions: HenryT