Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Tesla will make up private (number) plates for you after collecting the car? I know they will not do it before taking ownership of the car.

If possible, I'd prefer to avoid having to visit Halfords to get a set of plates made up that "hopefully" fit in the Tesla number plate holders.
I assume they are standard size? I hope so as I've already got my private plate ready from my previous car.

Reactions: fentor
Does anyone know if Tesla will make up private (number) plates for you after collecting the car? I know they will not do it before taking ownership of the car.

If possible, I'd prefer to avoid having to visit Halfords to get a set of plates made up that "hopefully" fit in the Tesla number plate holders.
I was told by Tesla Chelmsford that they will, and it’s just a service request.

Reactions: buggles
Dump the awful Tesla front number plate and it’s holder, then carefully fill the holes they have drilled in your car and fit an adhesive plate. They look so much better and follow the curve of the bumper. The front is aerodynamic for a reason, and the U.K. standard Tesla plate does it no favours.
plenty of good quality places online do the adhesive ones. Tip is use soap solution when positioning before you allow to fully attach.
my adhesive private plate awaits as soon as I get the V5 in the post ! I used pro plates.

I've been invited to book my collection for 21st Dec. I'm not confirming the collection. I'm assuming they will contact me at some point and I'll request its deferred until they have a solution to the USS. I would rather drive my MY LR with working sensors until.then.

Dump the awful Tesla front number plate and it’s holder, then carefully fill the holes they have drilled in your car and fit an adhesive plate. They look so much better and follow the curve of the bumper. The front is aerodynamic for a reason, and the U.K. standard Tesla plate does it no favours.
plenty of good quality places online do the adhesive ones. Tip is use soap solution when positioning before you allow to fully attach.
my adhesive private plate awaits as soon as I get the V5 in the post ! I used pro plates.
I'm considering doing this for the front at a later date but I'm a little apprehensive about removing an adhesive number plate when it comes to eventually selling the car.

I have nightmares of taking a load of paint off at the same time. 😬

Last edited:
Did they come off easily when the car is sold ?

Love their t&cs

Due to stringent restrictions of trade placed upon the 'Company' by the DVLA, all registration plates, legal or otherwise will be sold to the 'Purchaser' on the basis of being for show use only and the 'Purchaser' may risk prosecution if the registration plates are used on the UK highway.

• Funny
Reactions: fentor
Love their t&cs

Due to stringent restrictions of trade placed upon the 'Company' by the DVLA, all registration plates, legal or otherwise will be sold to the 'Purchaser' on the basis of being for show use only and the 'Purchaser' may risk prosecution if the registration plates are used on the UK highway.
I’m thinking about going down the adhesive plate route and getting them from Pro Plates. I’m no expert but going by the product information it says they are road legal?

Attachments

• 5F86CBDB-0AD5-44CC-ADB8-68F1F6812839.png
    5F86CBDB-0AD5-44CC-ADB8-68F1F6812839.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 68
Link to this plate you talk about?

Love their t&cs

Due to stringent restrictions of trade placed upon the 'Company' by the DVLA, all registration plates, legal or otherwise will be sold to the 'Purchaser' on the basis of being for show use only and the 'Purchaser' may risk prosecution if the registration plates are used on the UK highway.I
I wish I had enough time as you in life to read t&c’/

Managed to get the same car I wanted from Inventory today and finally collecting it on Monday from NEC… super excited now.

Just got a call from Tesla then to arrange my original order which i didn’t cancel which i’ve booked for Manchester on 21st December and a mates going to have that one off me.

Finally time to get excited 🥳.
Excellent. Let us know what the reg prefix for NEC is.

They did for us with both of our Teslas. In 2019 they were free of charge and more recently in June this year they charged £30.

Reactions: buggles