TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nags in V10

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Daddio56, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Daddio56

Daddio56 Member

Got the notification for V10 yesterday when I got home and updated overnight. Driving in to work today, (yes it's a Saturday) the one thing which was most obvious to me was the increase in number of nags while on autopilot. At one point I was getting them every 10-15 seconds! Same drive, same hand position on the steering wheel. Anyone else notice?

2. MoHazee4

MoHazee4 M3 LRD

What is your vin#? or what range are you within?

I am waiting to receive the notification for the update and looking to gauge how far I am from receiving the update.

3. Daddio56

Daddio56 Member

I'm in the 400,000 group, took delivery in August 2019.

4. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

I'll pay more attention, but I drove on AP (v10) last night for over an hour and didn't notice more nags than usual. Were you on highways or local roads?

• Like x 1
  5. Daddio56

Daddio56 Member

4 lane highway, not an Interstate though..

6. sduck

sduck Mr. Duck

I didn't get any nags using autopilot last night on the drive to and from work after installing this update. I always have a hand on the wheel, exerting a constant low torque, just enough to keep the nags away. It's quite easy to learn how to do this, a bit of practice for a few days, the nags are gone for good.

7. TomT

TomT Technical Maven

No difference in nags that I have noticed...

8. hungryjonjon

hungryjonjon Member

No change in nags for me, 1.5 hours on AP yesterday.

9. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

not here. maybe that is a good sign that you lost some weight :D

• Funny x 1
  10. smatthew

smatthew Active Member

I am seeing more frequents nags in v10....

• Like x 1
  11. North75

North75 Member

I had the same number of nags today on V10 autopilot as on past versions. Zero. Learn how to hold the wheel properly.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
  12. Timbo2

Timbo2 Member

Because every human being is the exact same size, has the exact same relationship to the steering wheel and the seat position and can comfortably exert the exact same pressure required on the steering wheel free of fatigue to prevent the nag from occurring.

• Like x 2
  13. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

Good point. And, there are lot's of things we are supposed to do (not speed, not jaywalk, etc.), yet we still do. Sometimes I feel like hanging a hand on the wheel to prevent nags, sometimes I prefer not to and use the scroll wheel to cancel the nag. Is that so bad? Doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. I find it humorous when people default to 'learn how to hold the wheel properly' when discussing nags.

14. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

No noticeable difference in the nags that I’ve seen. Did over 2 hours driving with autopilot today on 2019.32.10.1.

• Disagree x 1
  15. mlkmade

mlkmade Member

Is v10 still on early access only or has it started rolling out to everyone?

16. whatthe2

whatthe2 Active Member

Lots of no early access have it, myself included. Mostly FSD and a few EAP, so I’ve heard.

17. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I have about 11 oz of wheel weights stuck on the back of one of my steering wheel spokes to eliminate the nags. Hands free now but I always have a hand on my knee right next to the wheel. No changes in the nags. Probably as close as we can get to a scientific test on this.

18. DopeGhoti

DopeGhoti Active Member

How would you know?

• Funny x 3
  19. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

LOL. The way I took the OP's problem is that his previous behavior was no longer preventing the nags... suggesting that the sensed amount of torque on the steering wheel has changed. Maybe it's just a frequency thing as he mentioned both. In which case, you're right. I'd have no idea.

20. Fernand

Fernand Active Member

#20 Fernand, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    I'm almost, but not entirely, the only person who drives my car. So I want the car to be "almost stock". I want the steering tweaked just enough to not normally nag ME if I'm holding the wheel the way I naturally do. I want it to be borderline. I don't want it to ever allow anyone to just get in and drive it hands-free. Between 4-6 Oz of BBs in a packet attached to one of the spokes where it meets the wheel does the trick for me.