Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nags in V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the notification for V10 yesterday when I got home and updated overnight. Driving in to work today, (yes it's a Saturday) the one thing which was most obvious to me was the increase in number of nags while on autopilot. At one point I was getting them every 10-15 seconds! Same drive, same hand position on the steering wheel. Anyone else notice?

Got the notification for V10 yesterday when I got home and updated overnight. Driving in to work today, (yes it's a Saturday) the one thing which was most obvious to me was the increase in number of nags while on autopilot. At one point I was getting them every 10-15 seconds! Same drive, same hand position on the steering wheel. Anyone else notice?

I'll pay more attention, but I drove on AP (v10) last night for over an hour and didn't notice more nags than usual. Were you on highways or local roads?

Reactions: preilly44
I didn't get any nags using autopilot last night on the drive to and from work after installing this update. I always have a hand on the wheel, exerting a constant low torque, just enough to keep the nags away. It's quite easy to learn how to do this, a bit of practice for a few days, the nags are gone for good.

not here. maybe that is a good sign that you lost some weight :D

• Funny
Reactions: Daddio56
Because every human being is the exact same size, has the exact same relationship to the steering wheel and the seat position and can comfortably exert the exact same pressure required on the steering wheel free of fatigue to prevent the nag from occurring.
Good point. And, there are lot's of things we are supposed to do (not speed, not jaywalk, etc.), yet we still do. Sometimes I feel like hanging a hand on the wheel to prevent nags, sometimes I prefer not to and use the scroll wheel to cancel the nag. Is that so bad? Doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. I find it humorous when people default to 'learn how to hold the wheel properly' when discussing nags.

I have about 11 oz of wheel weights stuck on the back of one of my steering wheel spokes to eliminate the nags. Hands free now but I always have a hand on my knee right next to the wheel. No changes in the nags. Probably as close as we can get to a scientific test on this.

I'm almost, but not entirely, the only person who drives my car. So I want the car to be "almost stock". I want the steering tweaked just enough to not normally nag ME if I'm holding the wheel the way I naturally do. I want it to be borderline. I don't want it to ever allow anyone to just get in and drive it hands-free. Between 4-6 Oz of BBs in a packet attached to one of the spokes where it meets the wheel does the trick for me.

Last edited: