Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Design Studio is up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just gave it a try.

I already configured my Model S, but it detects my reservation is EU, so I don't get any pricing or delivery dates shown.

Mine is ready however, so they can lock me in and ship it in three weeks, I don't see the problem?

If you have any salary income at all, you can get it pretty quickly by lowering your federal withholdings for as many checks as it takes. If you're buying a Model S, it shouldn't be more than 3 checks...

Actually, ElSupreme, I see your res number is pretty high. So you should just start non-withholding of your federal income tax at your first paycheck for January 2013. Just remember to start withholding again when you hit what would have been $7500 in withholding (or if your first check withholding would have been more than $7500, withhold the difference). I don't know what you can do with state taxes in GA, but I would think you might be able to do the same thing. Also make sure you don't spend the extra money in your paycheck! Put it aside.

Also, I am not an accountant!

Hi Trnsl8r

You're right, there is a bug where previously saved designs have a base price that includes the Federal tax credit. We are fixing it this afternoon. Good eyes!

Nick Kinkaid
Tesla Motors, Director of Online Experience
[email protected] | (650) 681-6259 desk | (773) 301-3232 mobile | 3500 Deer Creek Road | Palo Alto, CA 94304

That is better, but there is a bug here. If you open up one of your previously configured and saved cars in the new studio, it starts with the post-rebate price (and some really flawed math to follow):

View attachment 6480

OK TM, we know you read this. I'm going to time you, ready... Go!

I don't think that's the case. The grey interior will be the only new one for the production models and is replacing the white of the signature so they're probably not going to set up that station in the factory until after the signatures are all done.

That's a good thought. I believe they set up a place for the manufacturer of the seats at the factory so that could make sense that they only had limited resources to build the types of seats they are offering.

White leather interior will be used after the first 1000 signatures were be delivered to U.S. customers. There are signature editions for Canada, EU, Asia/UK, Australia, and so on. So I don't think the grey leather will replace white.

White leather interior will be used after the first 1000 signatures were be delivered to U.S. customers. There are signature editions for Canada, EU, Asia/UK, Australia, and so on. So I don't think the grey leather will replace white.

That's a good point. Even if gray doesn't replace white, it's still the new color and it makes sense that they wouldn't get that ready right away.

Was really hoping that standard suspension was available from the beginning. If by some miracle I'm called to make a decision on getting the car earlier with air suspension or waiting for the standard spring suspension, I'd jump on getting the car earlier. :sigh: I think Tesla knows what it's doing there. I wonder if Tesla's suspension decision is also to make the manufacturing process simpler in the beginning

It may be a contractual obligation to Continental that they have to sell x amount of units per year. It's the only optional component they seem to be forcing year 1. They note it's a "requirement" and if it was a manufacturing limitation like the grey leather I would think that it would be available sometime this year not Jan 2013.

"My Garage" is empty. Wonder if there are more updates or just bugs in the system....

garage.jpg