Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I am one of the people living through the horror of Jeda right now. They claim it will ship this week. If not I’ll be going to Amex to dispute the charge. My brother got one from them for his 3 a few years ago but never ordered it for his Y.

actually just got a message with a tracking number from Jeda for the charger - maybe they are shipping out in batches now

I’m picking up in Paramus next week, any advice?

1. Take your time going over the car, bring a checklist to make sure you cover everything. There are plenty online so do a search,
2. Don’t let anyone rush you. They might. Also try and take delivery during daylight so you can see everything well.
3. Document and have your Delivery person document (pictures etc) and acknowledge everything you find to be unsatisfactory but don’t go crazy. It’s still covered under the 4 year warranty. You just want to document things that are present at delivery so they cannot accuse you of telling them 2 weeks later you discovered a scratch in the paint etc.
4. Don’t accept a vehicle if you think there are too many or too significant issues with a vehicle. This is hard because we want it so bad.
5. Do NOT make your final payment until you’ve gone over the vehicle and find it satisfactory and have had reassurances that any issues will be addressed.
6. Test the included Mobile Charger while you’re there. I didn’t and mine ended up being bad but I didn’t realize it until a few weeks later. I have a ChargePoint Home Flex EVSE at my house that has its own J1772 connector (I used the Tesla included adapter) so I didn’t need tge Mobike Connector until I took a 250 mile road trip to our house in Delaware. I didn’t need to stop and I knew I had a NEMA 14-50 outlet there and purchased the Tesla 14-50 adapter but that’s when I discovered my Mobile Connector wasn’t working and I had only 25 miles left of range. It took Tesla 3 days to send a mobile tech to replace my Mobile Connector but I couldn’t charge at the house at all and had to pay to use a local Supercharger. I would have been screwed otherwise. So TEST IT there.
7. Make sure you have a plan for how and where you will be charging the car.

I only had a few minor issues. I had a scratch on my wood dash (documented that day and it was replaced with a brand new one). I had an issue with my rear seats not folding down with the buttons in the trunk. (Tesla adjusted and they work fine). I also had some black trim on the rear fender that wasn’t flush and that was addressed but still isn’t perfect but I can live with it.

What did you end up getting? AWD? Performance? Color? Wheels? Interior? I’m excited for you. These are great cars.

Ooh nice. I wasn't originally going to get a tesla but $5000 over a 36 month lease is almost $140 off a month which turned an unattractive lease rate into an ok one for me.

I didn’t even consider that. The lease rate was too crazy and I didn’t consider it worthwhile. I wasn’t aware that you could still get the rebate when you leased. Good for you. Just don’t spend that $5000 when you get it on anything else. Lol. That’s the tough part.

I was going to try to hang on to my nearly 10-year old car another year or two but it was coming up on some larger periodic maintenance items and the 'no sales tax' and $5K rebate made me act. Those incentives may go away in the future.

Happy I did get the MY. Only had a few days but loving it. Learning about EV world and the tech in the car is interesting to me and helps me geek out.

Lol sorry, thank you for the very detailed response, I will be bringing it + checklist along with me. I had not seen a point to test the charger, I had been more concerned about gaps, paint chips, laminated windows, auto-dimming side mirrors, I forgot about the basics!

I don’t know how prevalent the mobile charger issue is but it’s something I didn’t think to check and it could have bitten me in the ass if not for the fact that we were close to a Supercharger when we didn’t have any other way to charge. Good luck. Hope you have a great delivery and no issues with gaps, paint chips etc. Just don’t get too stressed out. It won’t be perfect. Tesla doesn’t really do perfect. It’s shocking but they don’t. Don’t accept anything if you honestly feel they’re significant issues but don’t be too nit picky because Tesla will make it right. Eventually. It’s an awesome car.

Well got my registration today and they did not renew it for a year like I expected as it expires the end of the month. Also my insurance provider never sent my updated policy info to the MVC back in July and I a letter saying I don’t have insurance and they will suspend my registration of I don’t provide proof by 12/5. It won’t let me renew online. Going to be fun to deal with this mess before the holidays. Rant over

Question for the NJ folks, does your MVPA document seller information match the place of your pickup? My VIN was just assigned over the weekend, and on the document it actually has the Cherry Hill Tesla location listed while my SA and where I’d be picking up is in Lawrence/Princeton.

Really curious if this was an in stock vehicle or reject.