Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car and it looked great. Pickup process was pretty easy. I arrived 1 hour early and they told me my car was ready. It was snowing and heavy winds at time of pickup however the car looked amazing! Panel gaps looked really good. Here are the only things that need to get addressed.
-usb port in the glove box doesn’t seem to detect thumb drive. I am not able to format drive from car and it says to insert a thumb drive to format.
-the wheel alignment is slightly off. (My wife’s model 3 pickup was more obvious). When steering wheel is straight the car pull slightly to the left.
-rear passenger door makes a different sound when closing compaired to other doors (I’m sure it’s a tightening of a bolt or something.
-slight panel gap in the rear where roof connect to trunk. One side is wider.

So I have a mobile appt. Coming up to install my purchased winter wheel/tire from Tesla and I’ll ask them. Hopefully the USB port works and the door can get resolved. I’d have to book another appointment for the alignment and will ask if the gap will cause an issue. If not I’m not concerned.
Congratulations !!

My hold expired last Fri and I almost immediately got a new vin with EDD of this weekend.
I don't need the car for another 2 months but the agent says declining a vin for the second time could cause it to be flagged and they could cancel my order, so I took the plunge. Which I am happy about after seeing the latest price increases.

F394xxx - MYP w/ Tow MSM w/ Black - with AMD, Heated Wiper, Li-ion, A/S tires, etc.
Picking up tomorrow.

Picked mine up Friday 03/18/22 very happy with my purchase. Popped on my front A-Premium Amazon mud flaps before leaving the dealership and the rears when I got home. I am installing DIY PPF small pre-cut pieces on the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels this weekend along with black Tesila emblems and DIY Ceramic Coat. This thing is a beast. It is hard getting anything done. Word spreads fast and everyone wants to check out the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    863.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 90
Picked mine up Friday 03/18/22 very happy with my purchase. Popped on my front A-Premium Amazon mud flaps before leaving the dealership and the rears when I got home. I am installing DIY PPF small pre-cut pieces on the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels this weekend along with black Tesila emblems and DIY Ceramic Coat. This thing is a beast. It is hard getting anything done. Word spreads fast and everyone wants to check out the car.
Really nice car!! I opt for the Tesla mud flats and they fit great. As for the ppf for the rear sides, I got the Tesla one and install was a super easy. I used a little baby soap and water and it looks great. Congrats on your car, it looks great!

Reactions: BillyG2022MYP
EDD just changed this morning again. It went for April May to June July now July August. OD 9/11, I can’t do this anymore. That’s a year from my OD
My delivery date also changed this morning from May 31st to June 28th to June 25th to Aug 6th. I have no problem with the change. After all it is only another week. The Austin Factory is scheduled to open in April. I believe there are still part shortages and other issues in opening a new factory.

Last edited:
My EDD just changed again this morning from May June to July August. Any idea if changing the order now to a performance would increase the chances of delivery? I am in need of the vehicle before the end of May. This is not good....

My EDD just changed again this morning from May June to July August. Any idea if changing the order now to a performance would increase the chances of delivery? I am in need of the vehicle before the end of May. This is not good....
Adding FSD seems to be moving dates closer. I got 04/25 window 4 days after I added on 04/11 and got VIN assigned. I just got a text to schedule pickup from lawrenceville.

OD 10/17, Blue white/black with FSD added on 04:11

Reactions: baddiebats
Most of the P MY orders fill faster than the LR AWD orders for the past year. See the spreadsheet.
Did you contact your SC and ask about this? We made sure our SC knew of our deadline and they worked to help us.
Suggest checking the online MY inventory page daily as well.
Remember that a MY with FSD can be changed by the SC into a non FSD with the price going down too.