Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after we picked it up on Saturday, I submitted the rebate online and it said they reserved an incentive amount of $5000 for our model Y. Can’t beat the EV incentive and no sales tax on EV in NJ!
I submitted mine as well, they said it will take ~30-45 days to process. There is also a $500 rebate for home charging/infrastructure purchase coming soon (~Dec 2020), so you can hold off if you want to purchase the wall charger until you see the program details.

I submitted mine as well, they said it will take ~30-45 days to process. There is also a $500 rebate for home charging/infrastructure purchase coming soon (~Dec 2020), so you can hold off if you want to purchase the wall charger until you see the program details.
I paid $595 to have a 14-50 installed. That will get the job done. I had not planned on a Tesla wall charger.

Ordered my White/White, 20", tow package, and removed the FSD for the 5k rebate to add later.
Ordered on 9/8
Completed trade-in 9/10
Currently no estimate on the site and they are "drafting up my contract"
I spoke to my advisor last week. If I didn't want the tow hitch installed I could have the car by the end of September, but if I do it would more likely be by the end of October.

I ordered a LR AWD Blue with black interior on 8/24 and got a 3-5 week timeline. I received a VIN (47XXX) this week and was told by the local dealership that it's still in the factory and I should expect delivery by mid- to late-October.
My initial loan offer has already lapsed and I don't know if I can trust their timeline anymore.

I ordered a LR AWD Blue with black interior on 8/24 and got a 3-5 week timeline. I received a VIN (47XXX) this week and was told by the local dealership that it's still in the factory and I should expect delivery by mid- to late-October.
My initial loan offer has already lapsed and I don't know if I can trust their timeline anymore.
I picked up the same configuration yesterday, ordered 8/14, delivered 9/30. It takes about 2 weeks to ship across the country, so if you are lucky it will be around that 4 week mark.

I would redo your loan in about two weeks, and you should be fine. I had a similar issue where my expiration was 9/25, but my bank was was ok to start processing it once I had the VIN and the MPVA, so they found a way to honor the initial loan agreement.

I picked up the same configuration yesterday, ordered 8/14, delivered 9/30. It takes about 2 weeks to ship across the country, so if you are lucky it will be around that 4 week mark.

I would redo your loan in about two weeks, and you should be fine. I had a similar issue where my expiration was 9/25, but my bank was was ok to start processing it once I had the VIN and the MPVA, so they found a way to honor the initial loan agreement.

Thanks for sharing!

Delivery truck is coming to NJ on 24th so most of them are picking up on 25, 26, 27. Wait is over!

Did the SC tell you this, and, is this the standard time every month? I guess I'm wondering if I should stop refreshing my account page constantly for no reason when there's no way to get a car before the last week of the month. :)

I received a text from Tesla today stating that my vehicle is on its way to the Princeton Delivery Center. I was able to schedule an appointment for next week. Hopefully this is a good sign for everyone else who's waiting.

P.S. Does anyone have any tips on obtaining a good loan rate? I'm checking the credit unions that are listed on the spreadsheet on this site but not seeing many local places.

I received a text from Tesla today stating that my vehicle is on its way to the Princeton Delivery Center. I was able to schedule an appointment for next week. Hopefully this is a good sign for everyone else who's waiting.

P.S. Does anyone have any tips on obtaining a good loan rate? I'm checking the credit unions that are listed on the spreadsheet on this site but not seeing many local places.

whats wrong with tesla financing? also what was your config and what is your VIN 60k yet? is the 10th letter L?

I received a 3.5% rate from Wells Fargo through Tesla. I'm looking for sub-3%.
LR AWD, Deep Blue, 19'' Wheels, Black Interior, no FSD
VIN is 47xxx
The 10th letter is L (what is the significance of this?)

thanks - applied for tesla financing (72months - 2.49% through US Bank. Maybe check again?)

the 10th letter significance is whether they are switching over to 2021 model year. It is just a speculation at this point and may or may not happen. L= 2020 model year, M= 2021 model year.

Tesla was able to rematch me via wells fargo after I rejected the initial rate they gave me.

New rate 2.49.

thanks - applied for tesla financing (72months - 2.49% through US Bank. Maybe check again?)

the 10th letter significance is whether they are switching over to 2021 model year. It is just a speculation at this point and may or may not happen. L= 2020 model year, M= 2021 model year.

Fastlane could you share when you placed your order? (Might give us some hope!!)

Placed an order for an LR AWD- MSM/Black - 20s (no tow hitch/no fsd) on 9/13 - quoted 6-10 weeks. Leasing app/all materials and insurance uploaded within a week. Stopped by the Cherry Hill SC this past weekend to check on things. They said I should have VIN "sometime later this month" and that they expect the car to arrive in "early November". This tracks with the quoted ETA when I ordered - thought it might be helpful for y'all to know.