Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy! Placed my order on 10/5, and completed all of the steps immediately. No VIN yet, and looking at this forum I assume it's foolish to continue to look obsessively. The spreadsheet seemed to indicate some folks get a VIN in days, even on the east coast. Ah well.

Ordered a LR AWD white/white with induction wheels and a tow hitch.

Howdy! Placed my order on 10/5, and completed all of the steps immediately. No VIN yet, and looking at this forum I assume it's foolish to continue to look obsessively. The spreadsheet seemed to indicate some folks get a VIN in days, even on the east coast. Ah well.

Ordered a LR AWD white/white with induction wheels and a tow hitch.

Ordered the same on 9/8 and in the same boat though I haven't stopped checking.

Not that I’ve found yet. My SA from Springfield told me the tow hitch is what is the delay. If I took that off I could have had one last month. Already removed the FSD option to get the 5k rebate from the state so paying extra for that not really wanting to spend the extra 200 for the hitch later.

thats weird as there are reports of people getting 2021s with a tow hitch... The 2021 has a report of blue LR with tow hitch vin assigned. They are making the hitched cars, not sure what the deal is

thats weird as there are reports of people getting 2021s with a tow hitch... The 2021 has a report of blue LR with tow hitch vin assigned. They are making the hitched cars, not sure what the deal is
I’ve given up trying to figure out the method to their madness at this point. I have read so many speculations on different things here and there. Some say if you are doing a loan it helps, I’m paying cash, some say it’s partially location, they do batches of colors and so on and so forth. I have a 9 month pregnant wife and just figure that they will happen at the exact same time because that’s how the universe works haha.

Reactions: DanDi58
I’ve given up trying to figure out the method to their madness at this point. I have read so many speculations on different things here and there. Some say if you are doing a loan it helps, I’m paying cash, some say it’s partially location, they do batches of colors and so on and so forth. I have a 9 month pregnant wife and just figure that they will happen at the exact same time because that’s how the universe works haha.

Good luck. hope it works out. I am under the gun as well. My trade in expires the 25th, so if this is really a tow hitch issue, I am def screwed.

Some postive news for garden staters I ordered early Sept lr blue, spoke with sa today at Springfield. They are anticipating a bunch of vin's being assigned for cars in about 7-10 days and delivery by end of the month.

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this car yet it's only been a month.

I have a Blue, LR, white interior, induction, FSD on order. I got a call today from Cherry Hill SA saying car is in pre-production, need to verify information and tentative delivery for 10/24. Once car makes it to Chicago hub, they should have a more definitive delivery date.

I received a 2021 VIN too.

Ordered 9/21 but just informed my Tesla Advisor that I'm ready for delivery today. Asked for an estimate on delivery and was told "no idea" lol. Anyone got a date for a similar config?

LR AWD White/Black with Gemini Wheels and Tow Hitch

Some postive news for garden staters I ordered early Sept lr blue, spoke with sa today at Springfield. They are anticipating a bunch of vin's being assigned for cars in about 7-10 days and delivery by end of the month.

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this car yet it's only been a month.

Ordered mine on 9/28, hoping one of those are for me as I set the Springfield location as the pickup location.

Ordered 9/21 but just informed my Tesla Advisor that I'm ready for delivery today. Asked for an estimate on delivery and was told "no idea" lol. Anyone got a date for a similar config?

LR AWD White/Black with Gemini Wheels and Tow Hitch

Ordered 9/8 and just talked to an SA at Springfield since my trade-in value expired over the weekend. It was 6-10 weeks when I ordered and he was confident that it would be in a few weeks.