Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oof - this Times article (Line Holders Are Paid to Wait All Night Outside Motor Vehicle Offices) makes the NJ DMV seem WAY WORSE than usual. Will Tesla register new cars and get plates sent or do we have to visit one? Stupid question, but it’s been a while since I’ve bought a car and their website is about as helpful as you’d expect.

Pretty sure Tesla will handle it for you (i.e. they will pay the line holders) - I assume one of the many fees on the purchase agreement is for this.

Reactions: communicore
Got my VIN yesterday and got a call today from my Cherry Hill SA - was told "very tentatively" to expect delivery the first week in November (they will have a firmer date once the car arrives in Chicago and said I should expect to hear from them a couple of times between now and delivery). Great communication so far.

Reactions: fmerc and MrWattson
It sucks now I have to answer every call hoping it is the Tesla associate scheduling pick up but every time I answer it’s the classic “we’re trying to reach you about your cars expiring warranty”
Ha! that same guy calls me 2 times every day. I don't think they would call you, keep checking your texts and order page. Good luck!

Reactions: fmerc
Out of curiosity, do you have an estimate on your order page? Apparently Performance ETAs have disappeared, I read elsewhere in the forums.
On my order page it shows as follows "Estimated Delivery: 4 - 8 weeks from order placed date"

I assume the supply chain had a batch of tires in stock or reserved for manufacturing when these orders were submitted. I'm hoping the real delay is paint cycles.