Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow really? I'm being quoted ~$500 per year more than my current premium (with Geico - basically going from 500 to 750) per six months!!! Are you carrying collision as well? I'm seeing that is the biggest differentiator..
NJM gave us the best rate for our MY in NJ. We have seen this for years on other NJ cars we owned.
Adding Collision just about doubles the rate per year if you need it.

Reactions: Looree
Just got my VIN tonight! EDD is 8/30 to 9/5

Can anyone recommend a car insurance company? Just for 1 MY 2021.
I use NJM and my insurance only went up 100 dollars a year from my minivan to my tesla.
wow really? I'm being quoted ~$500 per year more than my current premium (with Geico - basically going from 500 to 750) per six months!!! Are you carrying collision as well? I'm seeing that is the biggest differentiator..
i am carrying collision, but i was on the minivan too (2015 Kia). I suppose what I’m showing is that NJM doesn’t have any sort of Tesla tax. The rates are in line with other cars. So I think NJM is a good option. I’ve been with them for 20 years and never had a problem with claims, etc.

I use NJM and my insurance only went up 100 dollars a year from my minivan to my tesla.

i am carrying collision, but i was on the minivan too (2015 Kia). I suppose what I’m showing is that NJM doesn’t have any sort of Tesla tax. The rates are in line with other cars. So I think NJM is a good option. I’ve been with them for 20 years and never had a problem with claims, etc.

Thanks! Anyone else have any recommendations?? I'm getting quoted like 300-340 a month for some reason. I tried NJM and Allstate so far.

Picked up from Springfield yesterday. Everything perfect!

Attachments

• 4421C1C7-3E7B-47FC-A2B9-D811E103DB0F.jpeg
    4421C1C7-3E7B-47FC-A2B9-D811E103DB0F.jpeg
    708.6 KB · Views: 66
Did you have any quality issues or use a checklist? I’m going next week to Springfield to get mine. I keep hearing all the quality have mostly been figured out. I’m not a stickler but don’t want to deal with any major issues lol
I don't think you need any of the multi-page checklists at this point. Just eyeball everything - the panel gaps, looking for scratches, etc. Just like you would with any new car.

Reactions: MrWattson
that's insane. What is Tesla saying?
They don’t say much, or at least don’t provide any REAL information. The last text from SA yesterday was:

“We are currently still awaiting a vin to be assigned to your account. Right now I do not have any visibility on a vin being assigned. Your estimated delivery timeline is October. It is just an estimate as cars do come in sooner. Right now our factory is experiencing delays due to demand. I will be on the lookout if any MYs matching your configuration com in and reach out asap if one becomes available”

They don’t say much, or at least don’t provide any REAL information. The last text from SA yesterday was:

“We are currently still awaiting a vin to be assigned to your account. Right now I do not have any visibility on a vin being assigned. Your estimated delivery timeline is October. It is just an estimate as cars do come in sooner. Right now our factory is experiencing delays due to demand. I will be on the lookout if any MYs matching your configuration com in and reach out asap if one becomes available”

This is really crazy. Sorry to hear that. Did you modify your order after May 5th?

Did you have any quality issues or use a checklist? I’m going next week to Springfield to get mine. I keep hearing all the quality have mostly been figured out. I’m not a stickler but don’t want to deal with any major issues lol
Zero issues. It was raining pretty hard when we picked up. Inspected pretty well in my garage. Only small issue is that the glove box in slightly misaligned on the right side. I’m sure it’s within the margin of error.

How was the interior of the car? Clean? Anything noteworthy from the pick up experience? I'm picking up on 9/4 - way too excited.
Everything was perfect on the car except for a little bit of tape residue on the glass roof by the drivers head. They took care of that on the spot when I pointed it out.
Pickup process was so smooth, they gave me as much time as I wanted to go over the car. Might be a bit more hectic for a Saturday pickup.