Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New June invites coming “in the next few days”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No emailed configuration notice, but was able to go online and configure and place the order this evening. 12/25/2016 registration.

Stated Delivery was pushed back one month from the delivery window they've been listing for the past 6 months. I'm listed as a September - November delivery now, was August - October.

You think all this furry of orders and $2500 payments before the end of the quarter was to boost profits (or minimize losses) since its no longer a refundable deposit it has no offsetting liability on the books... Tesla just got $3500 of income to further fund their production ramp.

• Informative
Reactions: sundaymorning
I just ordered. Bay Area near Fremont Factory. Online Res on morning of April 1, 2016. Last delivery estimate window was May-July. After ordering, the delivery window is Sep-Nov. The LRD and AWD delivery estimate was 3-5 months. The Performance delivery estimate was 2-4 months.

BTW, it seems all zip codes near the Fremont Factory in the CA Bay Area only has the option for "delivery straight to your door" -- there is no option to pick it up at the Fremont factory. I had to enter my address so they have it on file for home delivery. Uh... I'd rather pick it up at the Fremont Factory. I guess all Bay Area delivery centers are swamped. Womp Womp.
homedeliv.png

Glad to hear you made a decision that was best for you. When you need a car, you need a car, there’s no way around it. I was on the fence between the Mercedes CLS and Tesla, glad I made the right choice and bought the Model S, it literally change my life. No more oil changes that cost me $600 a year, gas savings of $150-$200 a month, and freed up a lot of time from pumping gas, maintenance, taking it in the shop, stress, etc. my Lexus cost me about $1k a year for parts and labor once it hit about 100,000 miles, and the LS460!was the highest rated on consumer reports before the Tesla took that title. Never going back to ICE for me.

Ah glad to hear your experience. I'm also coming from a Lexus that served me well for >100k miles. Loved the Lexus reliability. A bit hesitant about the long term reliability of Teslas, but took the leap and just ordered. Hope my experience is as good as yours.

BTW, it seems all zip codes near the Fremont Factory in the CA Bay Area only has the option for "delivery straight to your door" -- there is no option to pick it up at the Fremont factory. I had to enter my address so they have it on file for home delivery. Uh... I'd rather pick it up at the Fremont Factory. I guess all Bay Area delivery centers are swamped. Womp Womp.View attachment 312997

Interesting ... only showed Fremont and Sacramento pick up for SF zipcode, no home delivery

I think after the first three days or so of the Model 3 launch reservations slowed down so now that they are offering configs to people past 4/1 the spread is just that much farther into the 2016 reservations. Think I read the first 24 hours hit 125k reservations.

You think all this furry of orders and $2500 payments before the end of the quarter was to boost profits (or minimize losses) since its no longer a refundable deposit it has no offsetting liability on the books... Tesla just got $3500 of income to further fund their production ramp.

This is incorrect. Until the car is delivered, the order payment counts as a customer deposit and therefore does have an offsetting liability on the books.

I do think that this flurry of orders is something they may publicize along with Q2 delivery numbers, as it still looks good for Tesla to be able to say that they have some huge number of converted refundable reservations to non-refundable orders. And opening up the order floodgates while including incentives to order by the end of the month (free premium internet connectivity, 3-5 month delivery window already closing in on the end of the full tax credit) should result in a very large order book by 6/30.

So now 1st day reservation holders orders are behind potentially tens of thousands of orders, WTF. I fear many may get screwed and wind up with deliveries in 2019 because Tesla will be overwhelmed with orders,

NOT COOL ELON

I'm thinking that orders will still get delivered by reservation date....

Guessing allot has to do with what you order though....

So the key is to get the order in....

Sadly reserved in July 2017, non-owner. Put my information on the spreadsheet.

Looking to grab LR first production and currently have my estimator quoting Late 2018, any thoughts on when I may get an invite?

Convinced the wife I could get LR with the tax credit intact. So getting a bit nervous here — here’s hoping the 200k mark isn’t hit until Q3.

Anyone in my position get an invite yet?

Appears everyone in US/CANADA that were looking for LR/RWD/AWD/P models were invited yesterday (6/27)... Regardless of reservation dates....

Feel bad for the SR guys who have been waiting so long and now look it get left out of the Premium Connectivity for life of car due to the deadline date of 7/1.

Appears everyone in US/CANADA that were looking for LR/RWD/AWD/P models were invited yesterday (6/27)... Regardless of reservation dates....

Feel bad for the SR guys who have been waiting so long and now look it get left out of the Premium Connectivity for life of car due to the deadline date of 7/1.

I suspect, deliveries will still be determined by your reservation date.
Maybe somewhat by how you configured.

I’m just glad the move is on for everyone.
At the end of the day, I’m sure getting the car will wash all emotions around line waiting away. :)

Because I could configure, I went with AWD LR. The estimated delivery was ~3-5 months for both. Anyone else do the same? Am I risking the tax credit not being there?

AWD with or without PUP?

prices below are with no paint, wheels or autopilot options:

1. $64,000 Performance
  2. $53,000 AWD "all in" AWD + PUP + LR
  3. $49,000 "First available" - PUP + LR - NO AWD
  4. $48,000 AWD LR - NO PUP
  5. $44,000 LR, no PUP, no AWD
  6. $44,000 AWD PUP - NO LR
  7. $40,000 PUP, no AWD, no LR
  8. $39,000 AWD - NO PUP - NO LR
  9. $35,000 BASE BASE BASE Model 3 with no major options.
Either way I'd expect your car to be delivered before the end of year even if you picked config #4 at $48,000.

You have to expect over 150,000 Model 3 built in the second half of 2018 so good chance they start moving down below the $49,000 builds (so long as they have the LR pack).

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Troy
AWD with or without PUP?

1. $64,000 Performance
Either way I'd expect your car to be delivered before the end of year even if you picked config #4 at $48,000.

You have to expect over 150,000 Model 3 built in the second half of 2018 so good chance they start moving down below the $49,000 builds (so long as they have the LR pack).

I did #2 with Red Multi Coat and 18" Sport Wheels.

AWD with or without PUP?

1. $64,000 Performance

You can't pick # 4--yet. Only PUP cars are available. At least that's what I'm seeing--if anyone sees that #4 option, please speak up!

I just ordered. Bay Area near Fremont Factory. Online Res on morning of April 1, 2016. Last delivery estimate window was May-July. After ordering, the delivery window is Sep-Nov. The LRD and AWD delivery estimate was 3-5 months. The Performance delivery estimate was 2-4 months.

BTW, it seems all zip codes near the Fremont Factory in the CA Bay Area only has the option for "delivery straight to your door" -- there is no option to pick it up at the Fremont factory. I had to enter my address so they have it on file for home delivery. Uh... I'd rather pick it up at the Fremont Factory. I guess all Bay Area delivery centers are swamped. Womp Womp.View attachment 312997

I had a similar screen for up here in Washington. I even tried changing my zip code to the same as the Seattle delivery and it still would only give me the option of delivery at home. I wonder if this is default for everyone and once our delivery date gets closer there will be more communication about it and the possibility of picking up at a delivery center.