Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pandemic definitely slowed that one down for us! Still around 3 months out!
What about that mystery wheel:
Mountain Pass Performance on Instagram: “Soon. #mountainpassperformance #stoptech #megabrake #tesla #teslamodel3 #teslamotors #model3performance”
97236285_189388468845917_6120295367942094724_n.jpg

Size? 18? 19? is it *8.5? or 9?
was it needed for the mega brake?
3 months out too?

Mountain Pass Performance on Instagram: “Soon. #mountainpassperformance #stoptech #megabrake #tesla #teslamodel3 #teslamotors #model3performance”

3 months out too?

The 19x9 MPP wheels are kind of up in the air right now. Without having them cast instead of machined from billet like most of the high end wheels you see on the forums here, the price is kind of crazy. The megabrake kit fits in most 18" racing wheels though!

• Helpful
Reactions: bcpm3p and Atraf
The 19x9 MPP wheels are kind of up in the air right now. Without having them cast instead of machined from billet like most of the high end wheels you see on the forums here, the price is kind of crazy. The megabrake kit fits in most 18" racing wheels though!
Thank you for the reply!

Are the MPP wheels, at this time, a fun side project only or was there another motivation behind them? (looks great though xD)

3 months out too?

Those wheels give me like a FIKSE vibe from the dimples around the perimeter. Then also sorta like a M3 CSL mesh style design.

@MountainPass you should really collaborate with Apex Wheels. They just released a new forged lineup that is pretty awesome for the price ($2k-ish for a set) in the mesh design you’re going for. I have been meaning to inquire if they would make some for model 3 fitments. You should read up on their blog how they went above and beyond the typical forged wheel people are making these days. True JWL certified, tons of brake clearance, paint-less knurled beads etc. These in 19 or 20 inch sizes for the model 3 would be drool worthy.

ARC-8R Forged

1-Brushed-Clear-ARC8R.jpg

EC7-R Forged

1-Brushed-EC7R.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: aspec818 and dfwatt
@MountainPass A question regarding your comfort adjustable coilovers and clearance:

Does your product use conical spring? or otherwise cut into space normally occupied by wider than stock tire?
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 10.28.25 AM.png

(source)
I'm not ready to get the coilovers yet but I am 100% getting them within a year, in the meantime I plan to change my wheel\tire setup from stock 19" sport wheels and tires to FastWheels FC04 18*9 +30mm and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255/45R18.

I have seen this wheels used on Performance Model 3 with Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 255/45ZR18:
EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE- 255:45ZR18 FC04 PM3.jpeg

Source: Tesla Owners Online forum post and owner's instagram post (3 additional pictures). (credit @Sclew)

In theory the Sport 4S should have shorter thread which should give it a little bit more clearance...

Thoughts?

CCing @Mad Hungarian

Reactions: Lindenwood
@MountainPass A question regarding your comfort adjustable coilovers and clearance:

Does your product use conical spring? or otherwise cut into space normally occupied by wider than stock tire?
View attachment 543883
(source)
I'm not ready to get the coilovers yet but I am 100% getting them within a year, in the meantime I plan to change my wheel\tire setup from stock 19" sport wheels and tires to FastWheels FC04 18*9 +30mm and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 255/45R18.

I have seen this wheels used on Performance Model 3 with Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 255/45ZR18:
View attachment 543884
Source: Tesla Owners Online forum post and owner's instagram post (3 additional pictures). (credit @Sclew)

In theory the Sport 4S should have shorter thread which should give it a little bit more clearance...

Thoughts?

CCing @Mad Hungarian

The spring is actually nowhere near the tire on the Model 3. On a MacPherson strut style suspension this is a really big issues (and often the limitation of wheel size) but on the Model 3 the nearest suspension component is the spindle.

Check out this photo to have a better time visualizing!

Christopher-Front-Suspension-1.jpg

Anyone with reviews on the adjustable comfort coilovers? Better yet, anyone have a chance to compare non-adjustable comforts vs adjustable comforts at default settings? I don’t find myself fine tuning the compression or rebound, but if the twin valve performance some provides for a better ride, I would consider the adjustable comforts.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p and Atraf
Anyone with reviews on the adjustable comfort coilovers? Better yet, anyone have a chance to compare non-adjustable comforts vs adjustable comforts at default settings? I don’t find myself fine tuning the compression or rebound, but if the twin valve performance some provides for a better ride, I would consider the adjustable comforts.

We have a customer in CA that has both his and his wife's car equipped with Comfort Non-Adjustable AWD Coilovers, and now he has the Comfort Adjustable kit on his car. I will follow up with him in a bit once he has gotten a decent amount of seat time to get his experience on it!

First time posting and new MPP coilover experience to tell. Hopefully this post helps others who may be deciding on purchasing the new adjustable comforts. Correct me if I am wrong with anything as I am still learning. The new Comfort Adjustable kit was accomplished from MPP only after they offered their Hybrid coilover system first for a few months. The hybrid system is similar to the new Comfort Adjustable Kits, but not exactly the same due to different valving, I believe, for even more comfort for Model 3 owners who desire a very comfortable touring vehicle. To get right to it, I am very happy with my Hybrid MPP coilovers that I received in mid January. These were available before the newer comforts were released as I stated. They are basically the combination of MPPs stainless steel performance dampers combined with their regular comfort springs instead of the sport springs. Anyway, here is my experience with the hybrid system. Due to various circumstances, including the shut downs, I was only able to have the hybrid coilovers installed in late May. I did have the camber and toe arms installed too; as well as MPP risers so that I could keep my 3 exactly at the originally stock height for now. Mission accomplished. The amazing Jesse was helpful as always and called me when I needed help learning how to dial in my preferred rebound and compression settings. After learning how to set them my self I decided to wait on posting my findings until all of the familiar roads have been traveled. Here is my take. The MPP hybrid system has turned my 3 into a very comfortable, great handling and refined street sports sedan. There are no surprises or alarming bumps anymore that upset the cars ride. It just stays steady and the bumps are very very well damped now. Lucky for me there is a bunch of road work going on nearby that has allowed me to test and confirm my results and play with the adjustable settings. I settled on 13R and 14C so I must like a soft ride I guess. I can't imagine how much smoother the ride must be on the newer adjustable comfort coilovers valved specifically for comfort. I also reside on Long Island with plenty of salted roads in winter. So the stainless steel will really help just like the new comforts will. One last comment, the car handles so confidently I find myself going way faster than I probably ever have before around exit loops even with the softer settings. So to conclude, if anyone is on the fence about how well the new Comfort Adjustable Coilovers will transform your ride, I hope this helps.

We have a customer in CA that has both his and his wife's car equipped with Comfort Non-Adjustable AWD Coilovers, and now he has the Comfort Adjustable kit on his car. I will follow up with him in a bit once he has gotten a decent amount of seat time to get his experience on it!
If the client is in Southern California do you know who did the installation? I am in Los Angeles and would be interested in these if there was a great installer.

Thanks!

If the client is in Southern California do you know who did the installation? I am in Los Angeles and would be interested in these if there was a great installer.

Thanks!
A little out of your way (halfway to San Diego), but very professional and skilled:
hgperformance.co
I spoke with a few shops before the pandemic was going to go with HGP despite the distance.

Reactions: SD_Engnr