Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. How did the final purchase order work? I'm curious as to what the process is.
Sorry, not sure what you mean? I basically ordered the car with the ownership advisor, then made changes online. After the week was up, they introduced the 70d, so I changed the color to the new blue color and went down to the 70d from the 85d. Then a week or so after I got an email confirming the changes, but it had already changed on my tesla.

Sorry, not sure what you mean? I basically ordered the car with the ownership advisor, then made changes online. After the week was up, they introduced the 70d, so I changed the color to the new blue color and went down to the 70d from the 85d. Then a week or so after I got an email confirming the changes, but it had already changed on my tesla.

I meant getting through the final payment process. Does the DS send paperwork? I'm financing the vehicle away from Tesla and was wondering how this process works once the vehicle is in transit.

I meant getting through the final payment process. Does the DS send paperwork? I'm financing the vehicle away from Tesla and was wondering how this process works once the vehicle is in transit.

I am financing outside Tesla as well. My DS says I can pay in advance, or bring the check with me when I pick up the car. He already provided me the "Configuration and Final Price" document that spells out each line item. I got that yesterday, called my lender, uploaded the PDF, and they FedEx'd a check. My tracking number says it should arrive in a couple hours.

I am debating between getting an inventory/CPO vehicle and buying new. I test drove the 70D, loved it like I knew I would. Having some bells and whistles with an inventory vs. buying new, basic 70D w/upgraded seats maybe in September (to save up for down payment)
Which should I do???? This decision is killing me......

I am debating between getting an inventory/CPO vehicle and buying new. I test drove the 70D, loved it like I knew I would. Having some bells and whistles with an inventory vs. buying new, basic 70D w/upgraded seats maybe in September (to save up for down payment)
Which should I do???? This decision is killing me......
The way I think is a car is a big investment. You want to make it yours, the options you want, the color you want, etc. because you will live with it every day. How fast was the acceleration on the 70d? No insane mode but how did it feel?

Production started on 5/4. As of just now (5/7)...production complete and in transit! Woohoo!

Congrats!

- - - Updated - - -

The way I think is a car is a big investment. You want to make it yours, the options you want, the color you want, etc. because you will live with it every day. How fast was the acceleration on the 70d? No insane mode but how did it feel?

I agree. This is a car you will (hopefully) spend much time with, so you should what you like. I walked away from a great deal on an inventory car back in March over seat color. Not one regret whatsoever as the right car eventually came along. Plus, I wasn't financially ready to purchase new at that time. If you are saving up for the down payment, I'd recommend waiting until you do and in that timeframe, keep looking for inventory/CPO cars. I was going to purchase in late June, but did so in late April because the right car came along.

Could the first owners (when they receive it) get their car to a supercharger and to tell us the voltage reported by the car (and including the SOC/remaining range.) Or just to take a picture of the dash while supercharging.
That information will (hopefully) settle the argument about how Tesla achieved a 70kWh battery. Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Wow. I confirmed 4 days before you and mine just went into production. I wonder what the rhyme or reason is?

I went fairly basic on my build, that may be why. I think differing designs hit different queues and they can probably create a add days to, or subtract days from, the average wait time. I'm trying not to hound my DS. Turned out my car said "in-transit" a full 2 days before it was really loaded up and on the move. So it will probably arrive late next week at the earliest, I imagine. June is going to be the month of 70D I think.