Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But when connected, the lightning bolt is grey and can't be selected.
For me when it's plugged in, the slider is automatically available:
IMG_D8B90137EEEA-1.jpeg

Reactions: Daekwan and brkaus
Try the leaf app. Response time there is measured in minutes.
... And we all thing there are issues with Tesla.
Best part is no more switching between cars to unlock if you have two or more Teslas.. was a first world problem for sure, but was a pain to walk up and have to dig for your phone to select the correct car.
This is going to be such an added bonus. Now that all new cars come with phone as a key this was a great decision.
It’s still there! Just under location, you’ll see them on the map instead of a list
Can't wait to try this out. I hate that you lose the S/C on the main nav screen when you start zooming out. This was a great way to show someone all the S/C.

What does seem to be gone (and that may be what @TomServo was referring to) is the simple list of SC-ers, i.e., this:

View attachment 701611

(Got that from my iPad, it's still on the pre-4.x version ...)

The map does show this info - as you pointed out - but I hate having to scroll around and zoom in/out, just to get a sense of the Supercharger status in my 20-30 mile area.
Thanks for clarifying that. It's a change and maybe I missed any documentation Tesla provided.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
It’s still there! Just under location, you’ll see them on the map instead of a list
It apparently won’t show sites beyond a certain mileage from your location.
As an example, I’m in Cary, NC today and it only shows the 3 super chargers in the Triangle and one near Asheboro but that’s it (there are several not far ie Fayetteville, Burlington, etc that don’t show up).

We installed it on an iPad last night. I checked in Android and it showed an update for the Tesla app failed yesterday. I tried it again and it couldn't download. Maybe they released it for a short time on Android and then reverted due to an issue? Our Android devices were already up-to-date with the latest version from July, so the only reason it would've tried updating yesterday was if there was a new version released. I just checked the Play Store again. Yesterday, it showed the release date was 7/16. Today, it's showing 8/26 but still has the previous version listed.

That app does look slick but in my limited time with it, I found some things got better and some things seemed worse. I found the addition of undelivered cars to be unnecessary. I don't want to have to swipe past those cars just to view my Powerwalls. I haven't checked yet, but maybe those can be hidden? That would be a nice addition. Either that or it would be nice if the order could be changed so the undelivered vehicles could be put at the end of the list. Also, the Powerwall screen looks cute but busy. I liked the simple old way of monitoring solar/Powerwall activity.

As others have mentioned, the app doesn't fill the screen on the iPad. Odd since on Android, the old app was responsive and always filled the phone or tablet screen correctly.
Looks like the Android APK is available:
Should be on the Play Store again soon.

Reactions: Y_Wait and Mad4sax
Two great updates for those with two Teslas on Android:

1) The app will still work as a key even if it's on the other car. I have an X and 3, and it used to be that if the app was on the X, the 3 wouldn't unlock or drive. Now it does. So nice.

2) The powerwall ad is gone. Used to be that if you swiped the wrong way, you got a powerwall ad that took 3+ seconds to dismiss, and I could never remember which way to swipe to get the other car.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamnid
Does anyone know how to access the "Go Off-Grid" feature advertised for this release? My inverter is having some issues that cause it to perform better when decoupled from the grid (it clips to 1.8kW when grid-connected, but doesn't clip during e.g. a grid power outage), so I'd like to try explicitly decoupling it during the day to see if it affects this problem.