Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that moots the purpose of this assistance system, doesn't it? I know it is how even AP1 was but why blow the trumpet about this functionality at all? It can't be used as a blind spot assistance system either. Am i missing something?
Well, you could say the same thing with standard cruise control. Yes, you still have to be vigilant, but it does makes driving easier.

This is not full autonomous driving yet. You'll have to wait a few more years to be able to completely turn your brain off.

I'd say now it is charging like it should. Are you sure the amperage wasn't reduced before? Based on only 226v (which is on the low side for a 240v hookup) I'm guessing the car had dialed you back to around 50-52amps. My car charges at 32mph at 48 amps. Always has, before and after the update.

Dual chargers are installed on all new cars I heard, just administration (SC does remotely) enables single or dual. Maybe yers just got turned on from a service call you made, not related to v8.0(17.5.28) at all. I could be mistaken dual is on all cars, but if dual is on yer car, it's possible a remote action enabled it.

Regarding v8.0(17.5.28), I've been on it a few days, and confirm the 45mph moved to 50mph for Auto-steering. Did a worse case wet rainy ride home from work after dark, and AP2 auto-steer is certainly not on par with AP1. Agree with most who reported so far. But I'm glad to be able to carefully test it.

Did the change the Charging Software - I have the High Amperage Charger Upgrade.. I noticed an improved MPH charging rate.. I at home I have a 100Amp circuit with the 72 Amp Charger..

Before the upgrade I was charging at a rate of 35 MPH - I remembered calculating that charge rate was about 1/2 an amp per hour... Today after the upgrade today, I am charging at a 54 MHS or about 3/4 an amp per hour... A 50% improvement.

Both before and after, same voltage being reported 226V and 72/72 Amps...

Has anyone experienced it?

Nice charger!

Yes, mine is now charging higher on a 32A 7KW circuit. 18mph before the update vs 22mph now.

Did the change the Charging Software - I have the High Amperage Charger Upgrade.. I noticed an improved MPH charging rate.. I at home I have a 100Amp circuit with the 72 Amp Charger..

Before the upgrade I was charging at a rate of 35 MPH - I remembered calculating that charge rate was about 1/2 an amp per hour... Today after the upgrade today, I am charging at a 54 MHS or about 3/4 an amp per hour... A 50% improvement.

Both before and after, same voltage being reported 226V and 72/72 Amps...

Has anyone experienced it?
I think you found something here. My "at home" system is 40A (240V) and seems to have increased from ~18-19mph to 24-25mph

I'm pretty bummed that I'm still stuck on the same 2.48.110 that I've had since delivery in early January. No AP functionality at all. No auto headlights, etc.

Anyone else that far behind?

I have a service appointment scheduled for Thursday so I'm hoping they'll give me an update then.

I'm pretty bummed that I'm still stuck on the same 2.48.110 that I've had since delivery in early January. No AP functionality at all. No auto headlights, etc.

Anyone else that far behind?

I have a service appointment scheduled for Thursday so I'm hoping they'll give me an update then.
That's weird! Have you called tesla? If not, I would call and request the newest update be sent to your vehicle and go log in to wifi.

It would be nice if Tesla worked on some of the basic stuff, like the rain sensing auto-wipers, displaying side view cameras on the center console, send video feeds to the phone app, ability to verbally send texts/read text messages, better calendar, better browser, Waze integration, etc. They need more SW interns to work the easy stuff.

Reactions: Blastphemy
It would be nice if Tesla worked on some of the basic stuff, like the rain sensing auto-wipers, displaying side view cameras on the center console, send video feeds to the phone app, ability to verbally send texts/read text messages, better calendar, better browser, Waze integration, etc. They need more SW interns to work the easy stuff.
I agree with the rain-sensing auto-wipers. They are terrible.

regarding charging I would ask folks to compare time it takes from going to %x to %y. I have found the charging mph indicator is based on what you have set under the units preferences (ideal vs rated range). Both are false numbers and don't represent actual range you would get. Am guessing it reset the unit for you and thus higher mph charging numbers.

regarding charging I would ask folks to compare time it takes from going to %x to %y. I have found the charging mph indicator is based on what you have set under the units preferences (ideal vs rated range). Both are false numbers and don't represent actual range you would get. Am guessing it reset the unit for you and thus higher mph charging numbers.

In my case you're 100% correct, I switch between 'ideal' and 'rated' and the charge rate similarly changes from 18 to 22 mph charge. Thanks for the tip!

Agreed - Ideal and Rated does change the reported charge rates.. Keeping this setting static, I still experienced a difference in charging rate..

So not to open a can a worms,

Why does the Tesla UI go between Miles, wh/m, current, voltages, watts - to unit-less percentages? The user interface is wrought full of this.. I am always having to reverse calculate to back to a value with Units..

On the Nav Map, why does is show battery % as distance between chargers superchargers and NOT the actual distance.. I then have to use WAZE to get the actual Miles... NUTs...

On a 2800 mile road trip I averaged a consumption of 397 wh/m - why cannot I plug that number in - it is better that Ideal and Rated.. its my driving speed, style & environmental..

- sorry for the rant, most likely this is not the right forum.... gladly i will rant in right place...

Software update nor thumbwheel resets do not change my "rated range" setting, it's always "rated range" for me.
There could be another factor here, but that was not one of them.