Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question on the $2k NJ Rebate for the Y.

The below site mentions applying for the incentive at the point-of-sale and that "Your dealer will submit the application on your behalf and the incentive will instantly be applied to the cost of your new vehicle."

Anyone have any experience with that rebate?

Clean Energy Rebate
The credit from NJ is at the point of sale. If you look at your Tesla app "manage" link or go directly to the website with you login, navigate to complete task. Expand the pricing and you will a section called additional credits with 'Charge Up NJ Incentive." This is a place holder they probably pulled from your order and your Tesla "registration" validation of your license. As a placeholder, my understanding is it is subject to paperwork and verification when you pick up, but the settlement amount discounts this credit

Cheers, a bright spot in the over taxed state of NJ. :)

The credit from NJ is at the point of sale. If you look at your Tesla app "manage" link or go directly to the website with you login, navigate to complete task. Expand the pricing and you will a section called additional credits with 'Charge Up NJ Incentive." This is a place holder they probably pulled from your order and your Tesla "registration" validation of your license. As a placeholder, my understanding is it is subject to paperwork and verification when you pick up, but the settlement amount discounts this credit

Of course the assumption is you remained under the 55K MSRP limit. If you ordered post price increase with anything other than white base, its over 55K

ah interesting! Since i am financing and still waiting for a Vin to get that process started, it doesn't look like i have the ability to see the pricing / expand it yet. I'm currently in the Provide Finance Partner Information step so I guess once they provide me the vin and i submit my financing info, i should be able to see it.

Thanks for the thorough walk through!!!

ah interesting! Since i am financing and still waiting for a Vin to get that process started, it doesn't look like i have the ability to see the pricing / expand it yet. I'm currently in the Provide Finance Partner Information step so I guess once they provide me the vin and i submit my financing info, i should be able to see it.

Thanks for the thorough walk through!!!
I don't think it should matter. The manage link is top left in blue under the reservation number in the app that links to the Tesla.com website.

If anyone is interested, I have a vanilla LR with tow hitch reserved, MSRP 55,990, Paramus NJ. Vin assigned, and ready for delivery between today and March 3. Just looking to recoup the $250 order fee, nothing more.

I don't think it should matter. The manage link is top left in blue under the reservation number in the app that links to the Tesla.com website.
Yup, but that just takes me to the My Car page on the site and shows my status as “Prepare for delivery”. When i expand the “my car” option it just shows this.
B472CE26-45C8-47D7-BB1D-A5CCAF26BD5C.jpeg

Were you a member of the Credit union before applying for the loan? How long did that process take?
Hi ramlax13. I wasn't a member. They were excellent about everything. I called on 2/22, submitted my application, and confirmed I would get the rate. On 2/23, they approved my membership and opened by checking/savings account with UTF. Today I am supposed to get a call for the loan contract. I am waiting for it now.

MYLR5 Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/19 evening ET (Tesla says 1/20)
EDD1: Feb-Mar
EDD2: 03/05-03/31 (1/25)
EDD3: 03/02-03/30 (2/22)

What are the home chargers fellow New Jerseyans placing in? and why?

(Assuming NJ tax credit and not Tesla Branded Charger) - EV Charger Incentive | Charge Up New Jersey
I went with the juicebox 48 hardwired. It is eligible for both jcp&l and charge up nj rebates and also for a reduced off-peak rate.