Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! You might want to charge it to a few percent over 90 right before going out so that the battery is at a good temp and you have enough charge to get where you want to test at 90%with Max Batt Setting OFF. Very much appreciate your efforts.

Just did a few runs tonight:

90% SOC, No MAX Battery (OFF)- max power was 474kw.

90% SOC, MAX Battery (ON/READY) - max power was 493kw

Each run was identical except for MAX Battery setting.

Tesla rocks, they brought me a loaner wheel/tire for my S while dropping off an X loaner while my X goes in for service... :)

got my update, but delay of game, flat tire!

Attachments

• IMG_6769.JPG
    IMG_6769.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 73
Interesting.... Also, my rated range is 247/275 at 90/100% which is more than Tesla claims on their site for the P90D. Would be interested to know what the older P90Ds were getting at delivery. Of course, this could also just be how software is displaying the range...perhaps based on the refreshed body style (i.e. better aero?).

Mine was 254 @ 90% before the software update. Now down to 248. I think the 100% was 282 before the software update. P90DL late June.

That almost sounds like in addition to delivering on performance, they might have actually delivered a 90kWh battery, not 84kW.

I guess that's nice for everyone who didn't already buy a P90D.....o_O

Hmmm... a P100D software limited to be a P90D would probably have somewhat different range characteristics than a true 90. That's 2 data points that say that we just might have something different in the last couple of months.

As to having an older P90D. Wah... Wah.. Wah.. :)

Hmm. My Sept 2015 build is already down to 228 at 90% :( I messaged Tesla about this last week and they said it was within fleet norms. It started at 240 if I recall correctly. Its now lower with 13k miles than my wife's 85 with 28k miles.

I wonder if the whole P100D happened and Tesla just doesn't want to say it.

• Informative
Reactions: William3
Hmm. My Sept 2015 build is already down to 228 at 90% :( I messaged Tesla about this last week and they said it was within fleet norms. It started at 240 if I recall correctly. Its now lower with 13k miles than my wife's 85 with 28k miles.

I wonder if the whole P100D happened and Tesla just doesn't want to say it.

DanKeen, are you charging to 100% on occasion? I've heard the "rated miles" calculation isn't very reliable. My display is set to percentage rather than rated miles and I check the "projected miles" when I care about my range. Sorry about getting OT. I didn't want to discourage anyone with the numbers I posted. I'm sure mine won't stay there long doing Ludicrous launches and keeping a 90% charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.