Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One again not related to EDDs but since we’re all in the same area.. anybody have quotes for Nema 14-50 outlet install for charging? I’ve received one from Good Faith Energy (off Tesla site) and it was way more than I thought expected.

I think it'll always depend on your setup and how difficult it is to have the outlet installed in your location of choice but I had this done a month ago for $600, extended about 15 ft from the fuse box.

I paid $400 for a socket installed maybe 15ft from the panel with the wires running inside flexible steel conduit. 50A breaker. The actual socket was just a cheap one though, not some commercial heavy duty type but as I will leave the charger plugged in permanently I don’t care about wear and tear on the socket. However he installed the socket upside down according to the Tesla doc, but the right way up according to the labeling on the socket and code in most states. It means I can’t “hang” the charger off the socket but I wouldn’t anyway.

Attachments

• 3987A9EF-CBE0-4941-9563-88F30D2FBB74.jpeg
    3987A9EF-CBE0-4941-9563-88F30D2FBB74.jpeg
    590.3 KB · Views: 58
One again not related to EDDs but since we’re all in the same area.. anybody have quotes for Nema 14-50 outlet install for charging? I’ve received one from Good Faith Energy (off Tesla site) and it was way more than I thought expected.
$1400 for me. My garage is all the way on the other side of the house from my panel. And that is for a 50amp breaker. Started to go 60 but it was going to be way more due to the crazy cost of wire right now.

We picked up our car today!
FZj86cQ.jpg

She's perfect! 3 miles, Bioweapons Defense Mode, USB stick, no mud flaps, no PPF. We had two Teslas already and know what to look for and have not found any issues. Definitely go pick up instead of having it delivered if you can because we inspected the car (on the outside) before hit "Accept" online. There wasn't much to it, and we didn't need anything to be shown to us because we had two Model 3s so it was 100% touchless/interactionless. There were people around if we needed anything.

Hope y'all get your cars soon! Will check in from time to time.

Mine is still holding at Aug 27th to Sep 16th.
Assuming @Yankees did his profile tasks the day he ordered (4th June) whereas I waited on mine until 24th or so and looking at his EDD prior and when he got a VIN I’m wondering if my Aug 27th EDD will end up being an Aug 21st delivery with a VIN on Aug 4th…
But then I did some other back working that suggested a VIN maybe as early as July 28th but that was on earlier orders than @Yankees. So if they’re getting longer due to order surging the question for me is how much longer will my end to end be than @Yankees due to delaying my profile completion 2.5 weeks? More than 2.5 weeks of delay? Probably if my EDDs are anything to go by…

Reactions: Yankees
Assuming @Yankees did his profile tasks the day he ordered (4th June) whereas I waited on mine until 24th or so
So if they’re getting longer due to order surging the question for me is how much longer will my end to end be than @Yankees due to delaying my profile completion 2.5 weeks? More than 2.5 weeks of delay?
That's a good point. I ordered mine on 6/11 and finished tasks same day. My vehicle came in from Fremont same time as @Yankees; scheduled to pick up tomorrow or maybe today if they let me know its ready.

Reactions: LoneStarEve
We picked up our car today!
She's perfect! 3 miles, Bioweapons Defense Mode, USB stick, no mud flaps, no PPF. We had two Teslas already and know what to look for and have not found any issues. Definitely go pick up instead of having it delivered if you can because we inspected the car (on the outside) before hit "Accept" online. There wasn't much to it, and we didn't need anything to be shown to us because we had two Model 3s so it was 100% touchless/interactionless. There were people around if we needed anything.

Hope y'all get your cars soon! Will check in from time to time.
Congrats man! Let me know where you end up getting tint/ppf done...another user mentioned Xpel Dallas. But I'll have to start calling around for prices and researching reviews.

That's a good point. I ordered mine on 6/11 and finished tasks same day. My vehicle came in from Fremont same time as @Yankees; scheduled to pick up tomorrow or maybe today if they let me know its ready.
Yea, I did my profile immediately after placing order late on 6/4, including Tesla financing which was insta-approved.
Congrats man! Let me know where you end up getting tint/ppf done...another user mentioned Xpel Dallas. But I'll have to start calling around for prices and researching reviews.
Thanks! I'm debating doing front PPF myself. It is quite an involved process, I would say 9/10 to 10/10 on the DIY difficulty scale, but I love working on cars. Tint I'll shop around but really it's just the front windows that are a concern right now, plus I typically tint the front windshield on my cars (80% so it makes no discernible difference to night driving, but gives extra sun protection which saves my forearms arms from burning on roadtrips). Let me know what you end up doing!

That’s interesting then as you ordered exactly a week after him and they came on the same truck. If I had not listened to the SA and completed the tasks same day (2 days before @Yankees) I probably would have had mine on the same truck as you two…
(Edit: just noticed you ordered a MYP and they are supposed to have much shorter lead times anyway).
Don’t listen to SA’s people… when the website says your place in line starts after you complete the profile they mean it!

As for the PPF and tints I’m planning on going to Clear Bra North Dallas. You can find their videos on YouTube. I haven’t had a quote yet but the numbers I’ve heard are lower than some other places I’ve seen quotes from and while I think all places are overcharging for the material and labor costs involved they seem to be less greedy than others but my research is limited…

Reactions: yeafoshizzle
No change this a.m. still 8/22 - 9/11. May need to bum a ride from someone if I don’t get a VIN soon!
Based on when @Yankees got his VIN vs his order date I thought you would get yours in the 25th (yesterday) but seems not. Maybe between his order date and yours the backlog was growing so will be interesting to see when you get yours but I doubt I’ll get mine on the 4th or even that week unless you get your VIN soon…