Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern California Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/13 Order, No VIN as of 3/13

The EDD date is not helpful, and I think they would be better off not providing any EDD until a VIN is assigned.

If they do want to provide an EDD, they should train an ML model on the last 12 months of (Order Dates, Delivery Locations, past EDD estimates[ ], VIN assignment dates, actual delivery dates) to come up with an accurate EDD prediction. They should optimize for these metrics (EDD revision <= 1; EDD vs Actual Delivery Date delta less than 4 calendar days). If EDD can't meet that standard, they should remove it, because like passenger side lumbar support metrics...it isn't being used.

Reactions: James2023y
1/13 Order, No VIN as of 3/13

The EDD date is not helpful, and I think they would be better off not providing any EDD until a VIN is assigned.

If they do want to provide an EDD, they should train an ML model on the last 12 months of (Order Dates, Delivery Locations, past EDD estimates[ ], VIN assignment dates, actual delivery dates) to come up with an accurate EDD prediction. They should optimize for these metrics (EDD revision <= 1; EDD vs Actual Delivery Date delta less than 4 calendar days). If EDD can't meet that standard, they should remove it, because like passenger side lumbar support metrics...it isn't being used.
I believe they are using the FSD AI for the EDD assignments.

Still no VIN from my 1/19 order either. EDD is now 3/21-3/31 but without a VIN, I'm not trusting it. If I lose out on the IRS $3,750, I'm bailing and will consider it win for my wallet.

To be frank, this delay is probably a really good thing, since it's giving me a lot of time to think through if I reaaaaallly want to part with $60k of hard earned money. Reading the longer threads, it seems like I'm not the only one, since it's fairly likely that many of us don't really "need" a new car and just want a new Tesla instead.

Still no VIN from my 1/19 order either. EDD is now 3/21-3/31 but without a VIN, I'm not trusting it. If I lose out on the IRS $3,750, I'm bailing and will consider it win for my wallet.

To be frank, this delay is probably a really good thing, since it's giving me a lot of time to think through if I reaaaaallly want to part with $60k of hard earned money. Reading the longer threads, it seems like I'm not the only one, since it's fairly likely that many of us don't really "need" a new car and just want a new Tesla instead.
I don’t like how Tesla is dragging their feet on our orders. Like you said, I don’t really “need” another car, but right now it seems like a good deal w the tax credit. If I don’t buy the car, the $60k can be earning 5% interest, and that’s like 3k per year. I’ll see how it plays out as we move toward the end of quarter and then decide.

Reactions: Dynusor
Below is my order info:
MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat
OD: 1/17
Original EDD: 1/23 - 3/23
Updated EDD: 2/12 - 2/23
Updated EDD: 2/23 - 3/23
Updated EDD: 2/27 - 3/13
Updated EDD: 2/28 - 3/14
Updated EDD: 3/1 - 3/14
Updated EDD: 3/2 - 3/14

No VIN

Seems like the earliest date is whatever today is but the last date seems to be stable at 3/14 right now. I'm thinking it will be that date, hope it won't slip anymore lol
Did u finally get your car?

You may want to go into a showroom and ask. When I did that, they said my order has been soft-matched to a VIN, to be delivered 3/25.

Basic version, no option, OD 1/17. EDD 3/15 to 3/31.

We may not buy it, though.
Why are you not buying ?

When i call Tesla, SA always tells the accurate delivery date is shown in the APP.
In the last week of February went to tesla sunnyvale, they said the samething.

For sure i am not buying if i don't get full tax credit.

Also, I told my friend in January that I would sell him my current car, he waited 2 months and eventually bought a car from someone else and paid a lot of money to Uber in the mean time.

Why are you not buying ?

When i call Tesla, SA always tells the accurate delivery date is shown in the APP.
In the last week of February went to tesla sunnyvale, they said the samething.

For sure i am not buying if i don't get full tax credit.

Also, I told my friend in January that I would sell him my current car, he waited 2 months and eventually bought a car from someone else and paid a lot of money to Uber in the mean time.
We may not be buying because my wife hates Musk's antics, especially his recent tweets. She doesn't want to buy anything from Tesla, and she also does not need a new car. I am a little more pragmatic, but it is hard to separate Musk from Tesla, for a lot of people. Musk is often Tesla's worst enemy.

We'll have to make a decision soon, since we were told there is a soft match.

Depending on your order date, there may not be a soft match yet. I ordered on 1/17.

We may not be buying because my wife hates Musk's antics, especially his recent tweets. She doesn't want to buy anything from Tesla, and she also does not need a new car. I am a little more pragmatic, but it is hard to separate Musk from Tesla, for a lot of people. Musk is often Tesla's worst enemy.

Depending on your order date, there may not be a soft match yet. I ordered on 1/17.
Who told you there was a soft match? My SA is just saying that all he sees is the EDD.

i have ordered on 1/13