Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably needs a retitle also.

You've also got.
Queensland Electric Highway (Yurika) thread
And possibly ACT ActewAGL (though that hasn't been added to for a while)

Qld/Yurika can probably be covered in the Chargefox thread? And maybe NRMA might end up using Chargefox when they start charging.

Probably needs a retitle also.

You've also got.
Queensland Electric Highway (Yurika) thread
And possibly ACT ActewAGL (though that hasn't been added to for a while)

Qld/Yurika can probably be covered in the Chargefox thread? And maybe NRMA might end up using Chargefox when they start charging.

Maybe have a thread for each network, but have a single sticky thread which is a wiki, which is then a list of links to all the other threads?

Making it a wiki will mean anyone can edit the initial post to keep it up to date.

The Chargefox thread is specifically about their 350 kW ultra-rapid network which is different to all the networks which they operate and manage on behalf of others. RAC WA and QESH are kinda separate networks too. EHT in Tasmania as well.

Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
^ just posted a thread that hopefuly a mod can use as a base.
Once a thread is created it can’t be changed to a Wiki style unfortunately. Limitation of the forum software I understand.
I’m here as a moderator not here to impose my designs on the layout, plus I’m currently on a very busy 3 month contract at work so don’t really have the time.
So if you want something like @Chuq suggests create it, let me know and I will make it sticky.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Doesn't appear that regular uses can create a Wiki thread, so maybe @Chuq could copy my post into a Wiki and let the thread die.

Could also breakout the Tesla supercharger wiki into

Open
Under construction
Closed

And let the stickied individual charger threads roam.
Would get back to only a few stickied threads which is far more navigable on mobile.

• Love
Reactions: jason66
The NRMA Annual Report has just come out, and here's the page from it about their fast charger network:

nrma.png

• Informative
Reactions: rohan_aus
If you do it on sites rather than charger units, it's a touch over 2 sessions/day. I imagine there's a lot of site-to-site variability behind that, though!
As well as weekday vs weekend variability.

NRMA has done well providing chargers in a lot of locations that might never be on Tesla’s radar. The main concern is the “single point of failure” risk of sites with one stall - and a long way away from the next one.

NRMA has done well providing chargers in a lot of locations that might never be on Tesla’s radar. The main concern is the “single point of failure” risk of sites with one stall - and a long way away from the next one.

I have been planning a trip to South Australia (via Mildura) in my SR+.
While it would be great to have more than one charging stall at each location, if you take the attitude that you will charge at each station, they are actually spaced so that one can be broken and you can get to the next one. Not ideal, but not a deal breaker for me.

I am very thankful to NRMA for their charging network, they are leading the way and being very pro-EV in their magazine and communications which people are seeing.

Their known and rumored new charging station plans are also going to fill out a lot of NSW country, way before Tesla, ChargeFox or Evie get there.

Let's also not forget, it is the largest FREE charging network in Australia!

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back at NRMA offices in Olympic Park, their one and only EV charger outside their office has been broken for more than a month... not a good look.
NRMA's charger at Olympic Park is apparently fixed, as of yesterday.

And (as mentioned in the Evie thread) another 50kW charger opens on Thursday at Cadden's Corner (Penrith). There's finally some progress in Western Sydney! Now if only Sydney's southern fringes could get some love.

Temora also added to NRMA map (not yet on PlugShare)
Car park, Little Hoskins St, Temora NSW 2666 (behind Council Chambers)
(Description a little unclear but I assume it means the Chambers on Loftus St)

From pics on PlugShare (now almost a month old) also looks like Tenterfield and Armidale are finished construction and just need commissioning