Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initially, you will need to be an NRMA Member to access the My NRMA app and sites in the initial roll-out, but once we've rolled out to the entire NRMA Electric Network, there will be added functionality via the app to include a pay-per charge option as a guest without Membership

I guess the pricing 'is' the member discount, since only members can charge ;P

(You can still get 12 months of Blue free here - My NRMA Blue Membership Free for 12 Months (Usually $60, New Customers Only) @ MyNRMA)

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Well, I'm now a proud NRMA roadside assistance member again, first time in almost a decade... After logging into the app I can see the chargers as well as what they're charging. The Narrabri charger isn't listed yet though. Gunnedah is listed as costing nothing, so does Olympic park.

Well, I'm now a proud NRMA roadside assistance member again, first time in almost a decade... After logging into the app I can see the chargers as well as what they're charging. The Narrabri charger isn't listed yet though. Gunnedah is listed as costing nothing, so does Olympic park.
I can see the chargers in my app (and I've double checked to make sure I have the correct app, not a fake/copy). Blowed if I can see anything about the actual charger/usage though!

Blog by Neerav. Not sure where he is getting the 10% discount from.

I think Zeedoctor means pricing. Which is shown (currently at 0.00) in the screenshots. Maybe something in the coloured dots as to whether a charger is in use or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnight Man
Stopped at Jugiong yesterday on the way back from Sydney to Melb.
We used Holbrook on the way up was in use on the way back. We normally stop let the kids play at the Sub, so a charger is a bonus.
When these go paid seems only for NRMA which is a shame for those who live out of NSW.
Weird they get federal funding then freeze out anyone not from NSW.

Reactions: David Sowden
Stopped at Jugiong yesterday on the way back from Sydney to Melb.
We used Holbrook on the way up was in use on the way back. We normally stop let the kids play at the Sub, so a charger is a bonus.
When these go paid seems only for NRMA which is a shame for those who live out of NSW.
Screenshot_20230923-092125.png

It is only for the first month or so on three or so sites that NRMA is trialling, nearest to Sydney headquarters and otherwised well serviced by alternatives, that you will need NRMA membership. After that there will be 'pay-per charge option as a guest without Membership'.

Reactions: Davemcd and Vostok

AFAIK all existing NRMA chargers were not govt funded, but rather by NRMA.

NRMA is a mutual (owned by members) so essentially the existing NRMA network was funded by members contributions.

In any case, the restriction is only for a month or so, and you’ll be able to pay to use it once it’s out of the pilot phase.

One would assume they don't actually get the funding until they've met all the requirements.

Much like there's no indication that Tesla has had the funding yet, with the guidelines in NSW mentioning contactless payments or Opal digital card for example (unless they manage to negotiate it away)
They probably don't need to negotiate contactless payment out of the picture, I believe the V4 chargers have an inbuilt screen to take contactless/on the spot payments.

I saw the twitter post you would think they add guest then roll out.
It did say once we rolled out to all we then add Guest.
Not really a problem for me we not doing another long road trip soon

No problems paying for DC chargers I did use free on way up and back Sydney trip.
Moved on both times someone else came to use.
Now Tesla up to 70 cents we did use a couple of Chargefox sites.
As others have said weird NRMA owns chargefox although a new app.

They probably don't need to negotiate contactless payment out of the picture, I believe the V4 chargers have an inbuilt screen to take contactless/on the spot payments.
They've already rolled out several sites that were included in that NSW funding round, using V3 chargers.

There was talk at the time that the requirements seemed to include at least one 350kW capable unit and at least one CHAdeMO connector.

• Informative
Reactions: Midnight Man
They've already rolled out several sites that were included in that NSW funding round, using V3 chargers.
Rolled out.. but we don't know if the NSW Govt treats them as complete .. or what amendments Tesla negotiated.

At least in Europe/UK it appears these V4 stalls are still using V3 cabinets (so only ~400V), so it would seem fairly easy to refit a couple of V4 stalls at the various V3 sites to meet the billing reqt, and provide longer cables.