Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With IO, do you get these rates every night regardless, or does your car need to be actively charging to bring the house cost down?

Night rate (23:30 - 05:30):

10p / kWh
Day rate (05:30 - 23:30):

39.95p / kWh
Standing charge:

49.11p / day

That I can live with, thanks. Am now trying to simulate what pre-heating the under floor heating for 5:30 would work out like. Could possibly make it all work.
We've got electric underfloor heating as the only source in our kitchen and I tried to go as long as possible without having it on at all this winter. Did cave in a bit on during the coldest period and ran it from 1:30 to 5:30am to see if would work out. It took the worst edge of but still wasn't ideal.

I just noticed in app that we didn’t participate in a saving session last week.

For the second time in a row we have not been notified about this. 15/03 and 25/03.

Anyone else stopped being notified about saving sessions?

Not that we use much energy to make big savings by not using it, but wonder why we are not getting these any more.

4.9 days on average for the reward results, 17 for the bonus points (has varied from 7–44 though).

Oddly no mention of the extra 1,000 for those in the top 20% of Savers from the 15th in Peter Miller’s last email.

My own SMETS2 meter readings calculating, but a colleague’s ghosted for the second time too (despite being able to download relevant data next day).

Saving Sessions: the last two sessions I got a message saying “We couldn't collect your readings for this Session”. Very strange because the first sessions worked fine and I see my readings in the App. Is it just me? SMETS1 Secure meter.
I've had the same, also with a SMETS1 Electricity meter:

1680080748066.png

Like you, my daily electricity readings are available in the Octopus app.

I'm not sure how much longer Octopus are going to (fully) support the SMETS1 smart meters for. I haven't been able to collect my daily gas readings via Octopus for many months, although they seem to manage to take a reading automatically at the end of the month.

When I queried this with them I got this reply:

Essentially as you have the older generation of smart meter we're a bit limited in the support we can offer. The government haven't announced any plans to upgrade customers on first generation to second generation meters.

As an alternative, to conserve resources and limit the environmental impact of binning these older meters, they are enrolling them to the same centralised database second gen meters use. As part of this enrolment, the gas meters have a know error whereby when enrolled, the meters go from reporting the half hourly data in m3 to kWh. This then leads to this info not displaying on your app / website. It may resume functionality, but we're not able to provide a timeframe on when this will happen.
Whether this is related to the lack of electricity readings available for the recent saving sessions, I'm unsure,

View attachment 922584

I'm not sure how much longer Octopus are going to (fully) support the SMETS1 smart meters for. I haven't been able to collect my daily gas readings via Octopus for many months, although they seem to manage to take a reading automatically at the end of the month.

Whether this is related to the lack of electricity readings available for the recent saving sessions, I'm unsure,
My gas readings show in the old dashboard but not the new dashboard. Weird.

For electric, it’s possible Octopus have all the data but the BSC calculating party didn’t/doesn’t. Contractually that leaves Octopus a little exposed though. They offered an incentive, we accepted and fulfilled our obligations. Data is available to Octopus. Hope they pick up a conversation with ESO DFS team to save me complaining!!

View attachment 922584

I’m another one with a smets1 Secure meter where they couldn’t get my readings yet they are visible on the app and web. However, I saved so little I think I gain from being given the “average” as a benefit of the doubt figure.

I received an email response after 11 days confirming that there was a problem with gas smart meter commissioning. I suspect they put the wrong year, as it happened just before Christmas. Once resolved, suddenly all the data points became available online and in the app.

Also, had a curious Saving Sessions Bonus Points quantity (9,297) appear in account on 31st March - perhaps related to their mysterious Big Streaker Big Prize, or possibly a compensatory correction for National Grid’s calculation error.

Reactions: Rooster6655