Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any luck @Fezza in getting your octopus half hourly readings yet? (From the now locked Octopus thread)

No luck here, they have an issue connecting to my smart meter it seems (was working with my previous supplier). Spoke to support today and they will be trying a remote fix then looking to send someone out. I couldn’t get her to commit to anything as far as my moving over to Go on the current rates should anything be announced in the meantime, but she did say they usually announce upcoming changes, not effective immediately, and would see my sign up and request for transfer to Go tariff dates and hopefully keep that in mind (should the worst happen).

Hoping it just hurried up and fixes itself.
Afraid I’m the same, no half hour readings as yet :( I feel a call coming on!

Keep me updated and I’ll do the same? :)

Reactions: Benotomy and _Dave_
I don‘t really understand smart meter connectivity. When the guy came to install mine I told him that we had no mobile signal on any network at our house and have to rely in wifi calling. He checked with his mobile and agreed that the smart meter wouldn’t work as there was no signal. We had quite a chat about it and agreed that he might as well install the meter and I would simply run it as a dumb meter in the hope that at some time in the future we may get a phone mast near us. During installation he even had to walk up the hill behind our house to enable his laptop to connect to the electricity supplier (EDF in my case).
Installation was completed and the guy waited half an hour so so with no connection success so decided to leave the meter trying to connect but wasn’t really hopeful. An hour later the meter connected and has worked faultlessly since, sending half hourly readings. I have no idea what network it’s using but so far so good after nearly 6 months.

Reactions: Warp9lecy
So I joined octopus variable tariff this morning, I can see my meter serial in the app. I've given a meter reading and I've had a "sorry you are leaving us" email from outgoing supplier.

Is this an indication automatic meter readings should start soon and I will be able to switch tariff. I actually already requested go faster 21.30 4hr via email link.

Afraid I’m the same, no half hour readings as yet :( I feel a call coming on!

Keep me updated and I’ll do the same? :)
So this morning my smart meter is showing the pence/hr which varies as the needle moves and as we use electricity. It wasn’t doing this until now since the switch to octopus so I assume that’s a good step in the right direction.
My account status on the site still shows the same message and progress, so hopefully that will move along too at some point today. Any change for you?

Reactions: Fezza
So this morning my smart meter is showing the pence/hr which varies as the needle moves and as we use electricity. It wasn’t doing this until now since the switch to octopus so I assume that’s a good step in the right direction.
My account status on the site still shows the same message and progress, so hopefully that will move along too at some point today. Any change for you?

Hopefully you're on the way then! No movement for me, I've had the serial and make and model etc for a few days but still on the 'getting half hour readings' bit :( I think there may be a phone call coming today, haha!

Hopefully you're on the way then! No movement for me, I've had the serial and make and model etc for a few days but still on the 'getting half hour readings' bit :( I think there may be a phone call coming today, haha!
I just had an email from them saying they’re still having issues getting the readings, and are waiting from handover notes from my old supplier (which I was told yesterday on the phone was not the case), so who knows!

Reactions: Fezza
I have data in my Octopus dashboard for the 28th/29th but nothing since. I also have my smart meter connected to Loop Energy app and also an Ivie Bud in home display (the BG one broke) and both update fine. I also have the message "We're getting half hourly readings!" although nothing yet from gas.

1661937819409.png

I'm shown as being on the Octopus Go tariff now, but my IHD which gets the tariff from the smart meter is still on the cap. I'll probably ring today and get an update. I was told it could take up to 14 days to fully get on their systems so I wouldn't worry too much.

Reactions: Darreno
I phoned them and had to send pics of the smart meter with all the codes etc on to them. Apparently the fast flashing WAN isn't a good sign, lol!

HOWEVER... some good news, the advisor confirmed (and put in writing to me in an email) that because I'm currently in process of the 'onboarding' for GO I will get the rates that I signed up to once it's all sorted. Happy days.

My switch happened this morning and I initiated the move to go. I'm not as far advanced on the dashboard as some, but my dashboard shows that my smart tariff is on the way. I called them to make sure there was nothing further I needed to do and to check if today's prices would be honoured. They said they would be and that they weren't looking to change the smart tariffs until October.

I think I've been refreshing the traiff prices almost as much as I was looking for a hidden VIN on the tesla website!

Think I finally got my Intelligent Octopus - Ohme integration working, thanks to reading through the thread over in forum.octopus.energy that @browellm mentioned, I realised that I hadn't chosen Ohme instead of the Tesla right at the very start. No wonder I was confused 😅
If anyone else is in the same boat, I disconnected the devices in the Octopus app and then just restarted the moving to Intelligent process on the Octopus website and then started over in the app. It showed me as already on the tariff in the steps but allowed me to redo the other bits. Everything now looks right in the app and Ohme support confirmed today that everything looks set up at their end.

For those who are switching to go and have received the T&C's email - I've clicked on the link in the email and the page shows the night rate but I can't see the day rate and standing charge. Am I missing something or do they not show this?