Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Effective from today now on flexible Octopus (as a new customer with an aim to move to IO in 15 days or so) and submitted meter reading this morning as well. However in the app it is telling me that they can’t connect to my meter. Is this as expected and will sort itself out in the next hrs/day or supposed to connect immediately? Thanks in advance.

Effective from today now on flexible Octopus (as a new customer with an aim to move to IO in 15 days or so) and submitted meter reading this morning as well. However in the app it is telling me that they can’t connect to my meter. Is this as expected and will sort itself out in the next hrs/day or supposed to connect immediately? Thanks in advance.
My switch from EDF to Octopus flexible happened yesterday and the electric meter wasn't showing yesterday, but it has connected today. Gas is still showing as not connected.

Reactions: Benotomy
I'm in the same boat. Email today confirming I'm active on flexible Octopus from today, submitted reading, but app shows that it still isn't connecting to smart meter (move from Eon Next so it's a Secure Liberty 100). However last night I went through the switch to Intelligent Octopus on my phone - it linked to my Ohme Home Pro (installed by Octopus EV), and all linked up - the Ohme app now shows my tariff as Intelligent Octopus, although I don't quite believe it yet. I'll await confirmation from them that the tariff change has gone through, as I've not been asked to sign anything else and the website still shows "Your smart tariff is on the way". Looking good though 🤞:)

I'm flexable at the moment, so 29.23p. The switch should give 7.5p and 40.13p.

If you have the smart meter now you should be able to initiate the switch to go. If it's not showing as an option give them a call as I had a link to go in my joining email.

My switch completed today. 🙌
Screenshot_20220901-155536_Octopus.jpg

Hey everyone - looking around here it seems, despite everything going on *gestures around wildly* it's still possible to move over to Octopus Go (and related tarriffs)? Do I need to call them up or something and ask directly because the website seems to imply they're not accepting new customers?

You have to phone them. It’s a pretty simple switch though, GO for it. (See what I did there)

Don’t forget to use a referral code for £50 credit. You can add this after your account has been set up.

I used Mr M’s as a thank you for his shipping news.

Reactions: _Dave_
That's crazy... lower then the price cap in a month! Definitely should try to get on this asap.
As @ACarneiro said, Go Faster is 40p peak and 40p standing across the board. 4 hours window is 7.5p and 5 hours window is 8.25p.

Start time options are:

7.5p - 4 hours starting at 21.30,22.30, 23.30, 00.30, 01.30 or 02.30
8.25p - 5 hours starting at 21.30, 22.30, 23.30, 00.30 or 01.30

Gas is on the variable rate.

My tariff is below as an example. As @MattM76 said, use a referral code to get £50 credit.

If you were interested in IO and dont have your car yet, you can move from Go Faster to IO at a later date as there is no exit fees. Nevertheless lock in the Go Faster rates now before any possible increases. Good luck! 👍

1662111997384.png

1662112008753.png

Update on my switch and smart meter install:

Got a email about the install on the 22nd, called Octopus to see if they had anything earlier and they said only on the 20 but takes a day to cancel and that earlier date may vanish. I the called the install company in the email AES, and they said unlikely to be cancellations, followed by on there is one today (too soon to switch) and on the 7th, so switched to the 7th and got the email a few seconds later. So worth calling up if you have a long wait.

I also asked if I could switch to Go Faster rather than Go and was sent a link to choose config (went for the one finishing 6:30 so I can put on some under floor heading and the coffee machine etc). The lady on the phone reiterated they didn’t expect tariffs to change until October and my rate would be locked in from when I start the onboarding process.

Hopefully with a meter install on the 7th I can try and get intelligent although it ends at 5:30, so not as good for a warm morning wakeup.

Reactions: _Dave_
Nice, was the link to switch to Go Faster unique to your account? I was thinking of switching to it to get the extra hour and bringing it back to 9:30 when we're more likely to do a wash/dry before bed and schedule and extra one in during the night.