Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a pain!
Did you approach your DNO to unloop your supply? There are many reports on here of people having it done for free (and some even getting a 3 phase supply as a bonus!) :)
Yep.
Site visit in Jan (23)
It'll be FOC.
My house is looped to the semis across the drive and was a total surprise to me and the EV team when the install approval was bounced back.
We are last on the line.
My neighbour has a printed concrete driveway, so that's a none starter.
Mine is block paved, so they will come up.
Load limiters can be used as an interim measure....interim could be 2 years.
I had a good hour with the DNO, explaining that I'm having solar installed but won't connect to the grid until it's all sorted and I have no intention of feeding in.
My heat pump (17kw) won't be happening until late 23.
It's, as you say, a pain.

Reactions: ACarneiro
Just thinking outside the box, I don't believe I've seen that IO requires the 'main' Tesla account to be used.
So here's a workaround (option 4 :D ). Maybe what you could do is create a second Tesla account with a new email address. Add it as an additional driver for your new model Y, and use those credentials with IO as there will be only one car in it.
Let us know if it works!

I did this for my wife. Granted access to my new model Y as I’ve my old 3 (going back) and new Y on my account for the next month. She only had the Y and meant we could sign up

I'm pleased to report that the process has completed for removing the original car from my Tesla account & adding the new one to my IO account.

IO 'connect device' has run on the Octopus app for the Model Y as it is now the only car registered to my home address. The test charge ran for 5 minutes and everything is back where it needs to be. The other car is going up to my Daughters.
  • Main Tesla a/c has new car on Intelligent Octopus & retains remaining supercharging credits (to May 2024)
  • Other Tesla a/c has old car to be used & charged elsewhere & any supercharging will be paid for

Reactions: browellm
I'm pleased to report that the process has completed for removing the original car from my Tesla account & adding the new one to my IO account.

IO 'connect device' has run on the Octopus app for the Model Y as it is now the only car registered to my home address. The test charge ran for 5 minutes and everything is back where it needs to be. The other car is going up to my Daughters.
  • Main Tesla a/c has new car on Intelligent Octopus & retains remaining supercharging credits (to May 2024)
  • Other Tesla a/c has old car to be used & charged elsewhere & any supercharging will be paid for
That's brilliant. You just never know with Tesla. Expect to bang your head against a wall for months and they come through within 48 hours :D

Reactions: Drew57
Hi, I have a quick question regarding Intelligent octopus. I am thinking of joining once my octopus go finishes.

But my tesla app shows the car location as next door would Octopus reject my sign up because it doesn't match my home address on their system?

Thanks

Hi, I have a quick question regarding Intelligent octopus. I am thinking of joining once my octopus go finishes.

But my tesla app shows the car location as next door would Octopus reject my sign up because it doesn't match my home address on their system?

Thanks
Unlikely if "next door" is close by, but be aware it's not unknown for those with location discrepancies in the Tesla app can have issues getting the test charge completed.

Probably a glitch, but my Go Faster rates are missing from my Octopus account and OctopusWatch is showing a "forecast rate" of 35p/kWh even during my "cheap o'clock"

Anyone else experiencing this?

Attachments

• IMG_1031.png
    IMG_1031.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 78