Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back: I took a few days off and just realized something.

Q - How quickly did it take Starbase to be built up as a legitimate town/city? Looks like a decade from initial concept?

How quickly could it be replicated en masse?

Private discussions between SpaceX and state officials about a private launch site began at least as early as 2011.[15] SpaceX CEO Elon Musk mentioned interest in a private launch site for their commercial launches in a September 2011 speech.[16] The company announced in August 2014 that they had chosen Texas as the location for their SpaceX South Texas launch site.[8] Site soil work began in 2015 and major construction of facilities began in late-2018, with rocket engine testing and flight testing beginning in 2019.

I expect Starbase 2.0 to be a lot bigger but with less time from soil work to construction.

Private discussions between SpaceX and state officials about a private launch site began at least as early as 2011.[15] SpaceX CEO Elon Musk mentioned interest in a private launch site for their commercial launches in a September 2011 speech.[16] The company announced in August 2014 that they had chosen Texas as the location for their SpaceX South Texas launch site.[8] Site soil work began in 2015 and major construction of facilities began in late-2018, with rocket engine testing and flight testing beginning in 2019.

I expect Starbase 2.0 to be a lot bigger but with less time from soil work to construction.

SpaceX is already well advanced on building a large starbase at the Cape, where a starship launch tower is already mostly built and a starship factory is already commencing production on parts.

Boca Chica is the R&D centre, but the cape is where most launches will likely happen once the design is perfected.

SpaceX is already well advanced on building a large starbase at the Cape, where a starship launch tower is already mostly built and a starship factory is already commencing production on parts.

Boca Chica is the R&D centre, but the cape is where most launches will likely happen once the design is perfected.

From what I've read and understand - they're going to need 10's or 100's of these starport + factory cities to scale up going to Mars.

It'll no doubt be astounding the automation and manufacturing wins that are going to come out of that from SpaceX to the world!

Reactions: petit_bateau
Church or not ?

In the US, churches are arguably corrupt organizations guilty of hiding, and enabling legions of child-molesting clergy over the millennia, sometimes shell-gaming them throughout the US, then off to South America, while those churches rake in millions of dollars tax-free (via bequests and donations), and in many cases support political lobbying for unrestricted firearms possession for all, destroying public education and democracy along the way.

Nearby in Canada:

it is my deepest hope that Ukraine emerges a less religious, more rational society with strong separation of church and state. They certainly don't need the likes of Putin's church.

In the US, churches are arguably corrupt organizations guilty of hiding, and enabling legions of child-molesting clergy over the millennia
While this is probably true for many churches in the US, the Catholic church has been actually proven to be like that, and the nest of the Catholic church is in Europe.
it is my deepest hope that Ukraine emerges a less religious, more rational society with strong separation of church and state. They certainly don't need the likes of Putin's church.
Power is the very nature of church, all major religions were born to control people and often churches basically replaced the government. Rotten Russian church empowered by the government was a major cause of the Great Russian revolution of 1917. To certain extent, eradicating religion was one of few really progressive achievements of Soviet Union.

Ironically, the democracy brought the church back in power in Russia (and Ukraine) in the 1990th. This led to an amalgamation of the union of church and KGB exactly as in Voynovich's 1986 novel "Moscow 2042". So, my deepest hope is that churches is completely pushed out of relevance everywhere including Europe, where countries like Poland, you know, serve as examples for US right-wing lunatics.

In the US, churches are arguably corrupt organizations guilty of hiding, and enabling legions of child-molesting clergy over the millennia, sometimes shell-gaming them throughout the US, then off to South America, while those churches rake in millions of dollars tax-free (via bequests and donations), and in many cases support political lobbying for unrestricted firearms possession for all, destroying public education and democracy along the way.

Nearby in Canada:

Pretty broad brush you have there

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
At investor day there was an easter egg of what looked like a Tesla parked over an induction charger.

Its likely that induction charging if released would be lower power, so maybe could be offered as a destination charge solution? Now if that could be implemented outside and in public spaces with the relevant automatic hand shake for payment, that would be the ideal solution for destination charging and especially helpful for the demographic without a private driveway, with induction pads wired in underneath public parking spaces at malls, hotels, or even street parking.

If implemented it would provide a very easy way of low speed charging with very little fuss.
Any chance you have a pic?

Any chance you have a pic?

Here a screenshot I saved

1682598968129.png