Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great if the data could auto merge with the longer drive either before or after the short drive.
Not possible, sorry. It has no concept of knowing when a "full trip" is finished. It can't be logically achieved in a way that would work for everyone and all trips - like how long between drives do you wait until it's not considered the same trip? Or what exact amount of meters is a "short" drive? Lots of stuff like that prevents this.

James, I have never noticed this "bump" in my battery percentage while the car is parked.
This comes after a full charge from 5% followed by a 20 mile drive. When i parked it was at 91%, then this bump puts it up to 94%...is that a correction by the BMS?? Maybe a result of balancing or something?
It happened 25 minutes after I parked if that matters...

Thanks

Attachments

• Battery.png
    Battery.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 85
James, I have never noticed this "bump" in my battery percentage while the car is parked.
This comes after a full charge from 5% followed by a 20 mile drive. When i parked it was at 91%, then this bump puts it up to 94%...is that a correction by the BMS?? Maybe a result of balancing or something?
It happened 25 minutes after I parked if that matters...

Thanks
Yep, that's exactly what it is. Balance and BMS correction. It's most noticeable in the hour or so after charging.

Reactions: Alset2
Apple Watch BT controls are now part of a much bigger update for both iOS and Android!

The Android update should be out in open beta in the coming days and iOS within the next couple weeks if all goes well.
since it obviously didn't go so well i bought 1 of the apps that uses BT on apple watch and i must say it works pretty well but the interface is kinda ugly. i'm sure yours will look nice whenever it comes out.

Cant wait for the bluetooth update for Apple watch. Out washing the car etc, its nice to not have to run and grab the phone. Hopefully it wont drain the apple watch too much.
Yeah, the next update is huge and awesome. Shouldn't drain the watch battery at all.

It's taking longer than anticipated because Tesla is in the middle of making major changes to Bluetooth pairing and vehicle interactions. I'll have this shipped out to public beta before too long, just wanting to polish it as much as I can first! :D

Hello James, and thank you for Tessie, currently on trial but thinking about a LT sub.

Question, when looking at the Activity page, I noticed that Voltage is showing positive bumps when I am not charging the car.

Is that normal? I'm worried because I have gotten the PCS_a023 "unable to charge" error code 3 times in the 3 days I've had a new M3 RWD 2023 when not plugged in to charge. Weird.

Thank you for a very useful Tessie!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619_094248.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_094248.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230618_142409.jpg
    20230618_142409.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hello James, and thank you for Tessie, currently on trial but thinking about a LT sub.

Question, when looking at the Activity page, I noticed that Voltage is showing positive bumps when I am not charging the car.

Is that normal? I'm worried because I have gotten the PCS_a023 "unable to charge" error code 3 times in the 3 days I've had a new M3 RWD 2023 when not plugged in to charge. Weird.

Thank you for a very useful Tessie!
My car does this too. It sits at 1V when awake when plugged in and also when not plugged in. I don't think that exact thing is anything to worry about.

I think this error means the car detected a hardware issue with the onboard charger. Reach out to Tesla service and they should be able to diagnose and fix it. :)

Reactions: AztecPyramid
James, Tessie is not showing my cars name in the app. It shows my wifes M3 name but mine simply says "Model S".
The car is named and it shows up in the Tesla app .

Any suggestions?
Tesla just migrated from one name API to another and some cars didn't propagate fully through their new system. Try setting the name in the car again.

My car does this too. It sits at 1V when awake when plugged in and also when not plugged in. I don't think that exact thing is anything to worry about.

I think this error means the car detected a hardware issue with the onboard charger. Reach out to Tesla service and they should be able to diagnose and fix it. :)

I took the just-delivered M3 RWD 2023 to the service center to find out about the PCS_a023 "unable to charge" error code while *not* charging the car.

They had the car for 2 full days. At the end of the 1st day, I went to the center to get an update. They were busy so I simply walked to where my car was parked for the night. I noticed they had taken out some of the trim on the driver's side by the door rail. I guess they were checking on the charger unit as you mentioned.

The update was that the onsite tech was still in the process of diagnostics and that they would engage with the remote diagnostics team the next day to figure out the root cause. I picked up the car at the end of the second day.

The resolution was that all hardware was operating as expected. The issue was with the firmware and the fix would be delivered over the air in the future. Don't worry the manager said but do let them know if I see the alert again.

Finally, when talking to the manager outside, we noticed one screw conspicuously sitting on the driver's floor mat by the pedals. He got down on his knees and spotted where the screw was missing under the wheel. He got a screwdriver and put it back. I was confused at the moment but now I am having a chuckle about it while shaking my head :)

The manager also told me that the techs had created an article on their internal Wiki based on my car's situation. I thought that was pretty cool if true.

Thank you.

Reactions: James@Tessie
James:

May I ask you to look at the below post?

Q1) Does Tessie have a log, or a way to extracts a log that shows:
A. What the car reported as charge level changes (when, to what, how, by who?
B. Tessie command/actions executed for that day and the preceeding day?
C. I've issued a "settings/export" request, but its either delayed or not working.
Q2) Do you have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
James:

May I ask you to look at the below post?

Q1) Does Tessie have a log, or a way to extracts a log that shows:
A. What the car reported as charge level changes (when, to what, how, by who?
B. Tessie command/actions executed for that day and the preceeding day?
C. I've issued a "settings/export" request, but its either delayed or not working.
Q2) Do you have any thoughts on this?
The data export will show charging status, battery level and the charge limit.

A small charging overshoot is normal, e.g. you charge to 80% and then you check the car later and it's at 81%. This is the BMS recalibrating after every charge.

I've never seen an overshoot of this degree though. It could be that the car reset the charge limit, the BMS has gone crazy or there's a new firmware bug in the wild.

Email me at [email protected] using your account email and I can help you figure out what's going on here.

Just to share:

"The Tessie log showed up. Pretty large, no wonder it takes so long. These things stand out:
  1. On 6/23, at 6:35 UTC (1:35am CST of 6/23), Tessie reports a charge level of 55%, then seconds later reports one of 83%.
  2. Tessie push notices to me do not show any charge level changes for that day. (I don't seem to get all those notices though, that may not be a reliable indicator)
  3. The car was not physically touched during that time.
  4. I note the native Tesla app places the "Swipe to Change Charge Level" screen dead center of the opening screen.
  5. The car reset to the correct (55%) charge level on arrival home that evening via Tessie automation.
  6. I know of no log that can identify who, or how, that level was changed (anybody?)
Bug? User error? My wife uses her phone to ridiculous length for social media. Was this an "oops"?