Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I exported my charging stats this morning for company expenses, and I noticed Tessie does not capture all charging events. In September, it missed 2 long supercharging sessions and 3 home charging sessions. I'm now wondering if I've been blindly trusting Tessie's stats for months, but it's actually missing data. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I exported my charging stats this morning for company expenses, and I noticed Tessie does not capture all charging events. In September, it missed 2 long supercharging sessions and 3 home charging sessions. I'm now wondering if I've been blindly trusting Tessie's stats for months, but it's actually missing data. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I've noticed I've missed drives on occasion. Usually when there's poor cell service or after a Tesla update. I use both scroll wheels to reboot - and it comes back; though the data is probably gone.

I've noticed I've missed drives on occasion. Usually when there's poor cell service or after a Tesla update. I use both scroll wheels to reboot - and it comes back; though the data is probably gone.
Thanks @Chewy13 yes, I have noticed drives missing too. I can cope with those, but then missing charges are problematic (for me).

Reactions: zoomer0056
The only time anything should ever be missing is if the car is completely outside of cellular range, since it needs that to get data.

Sounds like there's an issue in the modem or computer. If you check the connectivity tracker at the top of Activity during those timeframes, does the car show as offline?

If it's offline, and you weren't outside of cellular range, that's a bug. A restart will fix that for you - typically permanently, but if not, it's a hardware issue (see below.)

If it's online, email the timestamp to [email protected] so I can see what the car was reporting.

Most people will never see this issue, and those that do typically see it once ever, so the fact this is happening frequently points to a hardware issue. When this has happened to customers in the past it has always been either a bad connectivity board or a low/defective 12V. If you also hear lots of HV contractor clicking (something like every few minutes) while it's in your garage it's likely the 12V.

Tesla is working on a new telemetry system that will send us data directly and hopefully have fewer issues like this. If this problem continues there, their new system has a direct support channel that I can reach out to to hopefully get issues like this addressed.

Here are the part replacements from Tesla service that fixed this for other customers:

1697050445825.png

1697050465648.png

Do you mean like this?
1697051729401.png
Yep. So in your screenshot, the car hasn't been reachable for 66 of the last 72 hours. Any driving or charging in those dark time frames would not be tracked.

That's totally normal if the car is sleeping or you're outside of any data network. Other than that, if you see offline time where the car was driving or charging, that is for sure an issue. It means the car has no incoming connectivity from Tesla's backend and you have to restart the car to fix it. Tesla appears to automatically restart the modem every 12/24 hours - possibly to help remedy this bug - but it doesn't always fix it.

Yep. So in your screenshot, the car hasn't been reachable for 66 of the last 72 hours. Any driving or charging in those dark time frames would not be tracked.

That's totally normal if the car is sleeping or you're outside of any data network. Other than that, if you see offline time where the car was driving or charging, that is for sure an issue. It means the car has no incoming connectivity from Tesla's backend and you have to restart the car to fix it. Tesla appears to automatically restart the modem every 12/24 hours - possibly to help remedy this bug - but it doesn't always fix it.
Thank you for that. The car was sleeping the whole time of that screen shot.

Reactions: James@Tessie
Have a few feature requests based on using Tessie for the last year or so:

1. ability to filter (exclude) multiple tags simultaneously. My use case is that I have a “bike rack” tag and a “trailer” tag. I want to know my efficiency stats without either attached which isn’t currently possible

2. Charging stat - percentage/kw AC vs DC charging

3. Battery stat - time at SOC. We know that calendar aging is worse at high state of charge. Would be helpful to have a chart with total hours/days/years (or percent) at given SOC ranges.

Do automations respect timezones/local time?

I live in Colorado and created automations but I will be traveling to Washington. Will these automations still work correctly with the different timezone, or will I need to recreate them when I get to Washington?
It uses whatever timezone is set under Automation > Timezone. It will stay on that until you change it.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Location data is totally missing in 2023.38.1 firmware on both Tesla's old and new data APIs. It seems to be related to the new location sharing feature as part of that update, but it doesn't appear that any car on that firmware has the ability to send out location data. It definitely seems like a bug.

I've notified Tesla of the issue. I would hold off on upgrading for now.

edit: fixed now!

Last edited:
Hello, question re: charging schedule in automations. A few versions ago it never used to have charging apps in the settings (or not that I remebered). I recently disabled a schedule and upon enabling it now has a amps setpoint (which is fine).
I set another automation to adjust charging amps (increase amps during midday to use up solar) based on time but for some reason it keeps getting overidden and put back to the amps set in the charging schedule.
Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Thanks

Hello, question re: charging schedule in automations. A few versions ago it never used to have charging apps in the settings (or not that I remebered). I recently disabled a schedule and upon enabling it now has a amps setpoint (which is fine).
I set another automation to adjust charging amps (increase amps during midday to use up solar) based on time but for some reason it keeps getting overidden and put back to the amps set in the charging schedule.
Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Set up a charging schedule with your mid-day amperage change. So you'd have two schedules - say, 9pm-5am at 12A and 5am-9pm at 48A.

I think I've come across an issue when viewing analytics, at least within battery charging.

When I look at my page to view my charging stats over the past year, Oct 19, 2022 - Oct 19, 2023, I get a much smaller bar for the "2023" column, yet it contains 10 months' worth of data and the 2022 column contains much more, which should only contain ~2.5 months' worth of data. Both columns' data are wrong, too.

I've applied a single filter, location == home.

Here's a screenshot of the year comparison with the bad bar charts:
This states I charged a mere 3 times at home in 2023 and 18 times in 2022.

Here's just this year, Jan 1, 2023 to today, Oct 19, 2023 for comparison:
This states I charged 118 times at home in 2023.

As well as Oct 19, 2022 to Dec 31, 2022 for the other portion of the data from the year comparison:
This states I charged at home 45 times in the dates within 2022.

S23 Ultra, android 13, Tessie v10.4.17

Not sure if it's already a feature within Tessie and I'm just not looking in the right place - but for Drives - it would be nice to see graph(s) with miles/kw under both the History and Analytics tabs since this is a commonly used efficiency indicator especially for other EVs outside of the Tesla ecosystem.

I think I've come across an issue when viewing analytics, at least within battery charging.

When I look at my page to view my charging stats over the past year, Oct 19, 2022 - Oct 19, 2023, I get a much smaller bar for the "2023" column, yet it contains 10 months' worth of data and the 2022 column contains much more, which should only contain ~2.5 months' worth of data. Both columns' data are wrong, too.

I've applied a single filter, location == home.

Here's a screenshot of the year comparison with the bad bar charts:
This states I charged a mere 3 times at home in 2023 and 18 times in 2022.

Here's just this year, Jan 1, 2023 to today, Oct 19, 2023 for comparison:
This states I charged 118 times at home in 2023.

As well as Oct 19, 2022 to Dec 31, 2022 for the other portion of the data from the year comparison:
This states I charged at home 45 times in the dates within 2022.

S23 Ultra, android 13, Tessie v10.4.17
Eagle eyes! Requires very specific settings. Thanks for reporting this. Fix for this is out now on the web, check it out! If you spot anything else, email me at [email protected].

Reactions: Swirle13
Eagle eyes! Requires very specific settings. Thanks for reporting this. Fix for this is out now on the web, check it out! If you spot anything else, email me at [email protected].
Wow, glad I found that! Though as a software dev myself, I find it a headache when users find super specific bugs due to having to divert effort, though I'm thankful when it's something I hadn't known about previouly. Was it due to being filtered and going across two years? I'll be sure to check it out!