Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
End-to-end encryption and data streaming directly between your car and Tessie. End-to-end encrypted controls. Faster controls. More controls. Many more data points than any hardware-less automotive software has ever been able to see. It is without a doubt the most advanced connectivity system ever deployed to consumer vehicles, by a lot.
James is this related to the new official API announcement from Tesla? Are you planning to move Tessie over to the official API?

For Series 6 and newer watches, Apple limits Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock when the app is closed to a few times per day. Open the app to reset the limit and auto unlock.
First of all, I don't do Apple nor do I have a M3/MY in the interest of full disclosure. I'm just curious.

Both Lock and Unlock? Sounds dangerous. That sounds like a terrible design by Apple. Re: "a few times a day" - sounds like so many better ways to do this if it's too expensive to leave on - maybe by active/inactive or let the user choose performance v. battery.

M3/MY does not have walk-away lock? As in "car in park, nobody in seats"? Didn't know that.

Maybe I am missing something, I admit as I'm speaking from ignorance on the details. But these guys sound like potential FSDb programmers to me. What am I missing?

First of all, I don't do Apple nor do I have a M3/MY in the interest of full disclosure. I'm just curious.

Both Lock and Unlock? Sounds dangerous. That sounds like a terrible design by Apple. Re: "a few times a day" - sounds like so many better ways to do this if it's too expensive to leave on - maybe by active/inactive or let the user choose performance v. battery.

M3/MY does not have walk-away lock? As in "car in park, nobody in seats"? Didn't know that.

Maybe I am missing something, I admit as I'm speaking from ignorance on the details. But these guys sound like potential FSDb programmers to me. What am I missing?

Teslas do have walk-away lock, but it’s triggered by the key or your Bluetooth key (phone / watch) going out of range when the car is in park and no one in the seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: James@Tessie
Location data is totally missing in 2023.38.1 firmware on both Tesla's old and new data APIs. It seems to be related to the new location sharing feature as part of that update, but it doesn't appear that any car on that firmware has the ability to send out location data. It definitely seems like a bug.

I've notified Tesla of the issue. I would hold off on upgrading for now.
Is it safe to update yet? I just got 2023.38.6 made available to me. Not accepting it yet though until given the greenlight!

Hi. I just purchased a Tesla last week and installed Tessie. I noticed the car wasn't sleeping when I first bought it. I read up, and excluded sentry from home, and turned off cabin overheat protection. Neither of our phones Bluetooth settings show connected to Tesla when in our bedroom at night. It slept for two nights while charging. I charge 110V and it was charging much faster when it was sleeping.

But then stopped sleeping again after changing nothing. But really sure what to do next here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111-065236.png
    Screenshot_20231111-065236.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 48
The car is always awake during charging. Tessie won't know whether your car is asleep or has simply lost connectivity (see your own screen shot).
I understand. I realized now by checking the time stamps the dark green shaded "sleep" area does not correlate in space to the times of the line graphing showing when it was charging visually. Seems once the car it fully charged it was sleeping. Thanks.

Software update history out now at dash.tessie.com/software. 🎉

Currently processing updates prior to 2023-06; will be added within the next 24 hours or so.
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but what's the difference between my.tessie.com and dash.tessie.com? I've been using my.tessie.com for the past year and just noticed dash.tessie.com just now in this post. Looks the same.

New Tessie user here (imported my Teslamate data yesterday). I have a few questions:

1) Cost Projections: My electricity here is flat rate 24x7x365. I'm guessing I can ignore the Charging Schedule and Electric Plan options since they both seem to be for folks with time of use plans. Correct? Does clicking on Update Charging History simply confirm the new cost per kWh?

2) Saved Locations, Edit Home: Using dash.tessie.com I can enter/change the per kWh cost for my flat rate electricity. Does this change all charging costs or only those going forward? I think I read somewhere it's only for costs going forward.

3) On my iPhone, Settings/Electric Costs/Manage Saved Locations and edit my home location I don't see a place to adjust electricity costs. That's fine, setting an electricity cost in the web browser seems to work fine. Also, if I change the zoom setting it offers me a chance to Save Location. Is there any significance to the zoom setting? By the way, I've already set the Home location in my car. I guess I can ignore the Send to Vehicle option since the Home location is already set in my car?

4) I've found I can use the Lock and Unlock controls from both my iPhone and Apple Watch. I've also tried to vent the windows and get a "Command Error" and "Command forbidden." Do I have something set wrong?

5) I'm a bit curious about dash.tessie.com and its use of verification codes instead of a password. I'm fine with it, it just kind of caught me by surprise.

So, I'm not even 24 hours in to using Tessie, but I'm liking what I see so far. I used Teslamate for the 2.5 years I've owned this Model 3. And while it was impressive, it was also quirky and often needed us to apply updates. We ran it in a docker on our Synology NAS.

New Tessie user here (imported my Teslamate data yesterday). I have a few questions:

1) Cost Projections: My electricity here is flat rate 24x7x365. I'm guessing I can ignore the Charging Schedule and Electric Plan options since they both seem to be for folks with time of use plans. Correct? Does clicking on Update Charging History simply confirm the new cost per kWh?

2) Saved Locations, Edit Home: Using dash.tessie.com I can enter/change the per kWh cost for my flat rate electricity. Does this change all charging costs or only those going forward? I think I read somewhere it's only for costs going forward.

3) On my iPhone, Settings/Electric Costs/Manage Saved Locations and edit my home location I don't see a place to adjust electricity costs. That's fine, setting an electricity cost in the web browser seems to work fine. Also, if I change the zoom setting it offers me a chance to Save Location. Is there any significance to the zoom setting? By the way, I've already set the Home location in my car. I guess I can ignore the Send to Vehicle option since the Home location is already set in my car?

4) I've found I can use the Lock and Unlock controls from both my iPhone and Apple Watch. I've also tried to vent the windows and get a "Command Error" and "Command forbidden." Do I have something set wrong?

5) I'm a bit curious about dash.tessie.com and its use of verification codes instead of a password. I'm fine with it, it just kind of caught me by surprise.

So, I'm not even 24 hours in to using Tessie, but I'm liking what I see so far. I used Teslamate for the 2.5 years I've owned this Model 3. And while it was impressive, it was also quirky and often needed us to apply updates. We ran it in a docker on our Synology NAS.
1. Correct, that is for time of use. Update Charging History updates your history with the new cost. There is no need to confirm anything.

2. Changing the rates only changes costs moving forward.

3. You tap the "Costs" tab at the top to set costs. There is no significance to the zoom setting. Send to Vehicle allows you to pre-load the nav, so totally up to you as to how you use it or not.

4. Command forbidden is very interesting. Please email me at [email protected] with your account email.

5. No passwords are stored on the platform, period.

3. You tap the "Costs" tab at the top to set costs. There is no significance to the zoom setting. Send to Vehicle allows you to pre-load the nav, so totally up to you as to how you use it or not.

4. Command forbidden is very interesting. Please email me at [email protected] with your account email.

Doh! Didn't see the Costs tab at the top of the screen.

I just re-tested most of the controls. The three that fail are Vent Windows, Flash and Honk. (I tested all but Start Charging, Unlock Port, Sentry and Valet). I will send my email address to your support account.

In about four or five attempts to log into dash.tessie.com I've had about three that have refused to accept the verification code. Once I quit/relaunched my browser (Safari) and the page loaded without logging in. Just now I brought up the page and it loaded without asking me for my email. Maybe because the cookie hadn't expired? And I am behind an ad blocker (Pi Hole) so I'll have to do some testing with and without Pi Hole being active. It's not unusual for Pi Hole to cause a problem here and there.

I saw the option for switching to the new code/new APIs. Can one switch back and forth? When do you anticipate everyone will have to switch?

Many thanks for your help today!