Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Older Teslas limited to 90kW Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I guess that makes sense, but is hilarious nonetheless. I wonder if the backing you peel off the sticker has its own part number as well :smile:

When I ordered my HPWC, the HPWC had two part numbers on it and the box had another part number. When I called to find out if I had the newer or older HPWC, they said I could tell if the box's serial number ended in -C. They said the part numbers on the actual hardware will not indicate if they have been updated. Sure, makes total sense... not!

Well, I guess that makes sense, but is hilarious nonetheless. I wonder if the backing you peel off the sticker has its own part number as well :smile:

For some reason, that made me think of this sign:

caution_this_sign_has_sharp_edges-1024x768.jpg

I don't have much to add to this conversation other than a data point that VIN6455 has an A-type battery as well. Hopefully as more 'A' owners post here Tesla will recognize that we are aware of the limitation and are not happy about it. With the newer 135kW superchargers coming on-line, we'll have batteries that can only charge at 2/3 the maximum charge rate of everyone else. Not cool when we've also paid for service plans that include 'hardware upgrades'.

teslabattery.JPG

I have a Signature P85+ (Retrofitted) car with a 'B' pack (had a pack failure awhile back and Tesla put a 'B' pack in). Just did my first Supercharge since the retrofit and pack replacement. Here is what it looks like:

IMG_2695.PNG

I'll run the battery down to a lower state of charge tomorrow on our roadtrip to the Bay area. This was with the battery at about a 45% SOC I believe. Initially when it started up the touchscreen displayed 370 volts at 286 amps. This charge was done at the Centralia, WA Superchargers. We were the only car there at the time. Here is a picture as the battery charging was ramping up initially:

photo.JPG

Last edited: